PDA

View Full Version : I love my nails

Emma Beth
03-11-2013, 05:27 AM
A couple of days ago I posted about painting my toes.

Yesterday, I was able to paint my finger nails and I can't get enough of them; even though I do need some more practice getting them to look cleaner. The picture hides some of my mistakes.

I used the same color as my toes so they would match. Rimmel 60 second polish 610 stand to attention

My wife laughed at me a couple of times yesterday because I couldn't take my eyes of of them, and they make me feel so... Feminine, for lack of a better word.

I have learned something from this experience though. I now understand why some women move the way they do. I found myself doing things differently right away so I could keep from chipping or damaging my nails. After all, I do take some pride in my own handy work.

Alas, I am a little saddened this morning though. In a few hours I will need to remove the varnish on my fingers so I can go to the bank and take care of some business. I really wish my life at the moment would allow me to have some color on my finger nails all the time. Some day I will be able to, but I just have to be patient and wait for that day.

Much Hugs,
Jamie

nhlighthouse
03-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Jamie, you still enjoy that feeling of having your nails done....just use a clear coat or hardener or even a nude color polish. I use it and really love having them done. Good luck! Mykechelle

Beverley Sims
03-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I tend to use my hands differently when I have long fingernails.
When they are painted I avoid damaging the finish I have achieved as well.
When painted you do become more concious of your hands and how you place them.

carhill2mn
03-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I understand completely how you feel about your nails. The thing that I hate most about having to return to "drab mode" is having to remove my pretty nail polish, even though I always wear a very light color in male mode.

I have been wearing gel nails for more than 10 years and I now do things "differently" quite naturally. There is definitely a learning curve.

PaulaQ
03-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Yesterday, I was able to paint my finger nails and I can't get enough of them; even though I do need some more practice getting them to look cleaner. The picture hides some of my mistakes.

Tip: don't worry about perfection. Instead, get some pure acetone from a beauty supply store, and a small, stiff, slanted eyeliner brush. Use that with the acetone to carefully erase the little "oops."

Jamie001
03-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Alas, I am a little saddened this morning though. In a few hours I will need to remove the varnish on my fingers so I can go to the bank and take care of some business. I really wish my life at the moment would allow me to have some color on my finger nails all the time. Some day I will be able to, but I just have to be patient and wait for that day.

Much Hugs,
Jamie

Jamie,

Your nails are so pretty and you will get a lot of compliments. Why not just leave the polish on your nails and just go about your business? You may be waiting for a day that will never come unless you make it happen.

Jodi Anne
03-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi Jamie, your nails look great, someday you could start in small steps wearing the paint. When I first started wearing my nails painted I would wear gloves to most places slowly I wore them less and less and found almost no one said anything. I still wear them at some of my customers places but that soon will stop. Today another one was dropped at the Home Depot Pro Desk I paid for my wood order without wearing the gloves in but for the last few weeks I have been using my pink wallet instead of the biker wallet with a chain so they probably are not surprised.

Tammy Nowakowski
03-11-2013, 09:52 PM
your nails look great

Ressie
03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
I started experimenting with nail polish a few months ago and I love it as well. Adding a couple of rings is also nice. Tried applying some fake nails a few days ago for the first time and didn't like it too much. I'll go with short polished nails whenever I get the chance. Now to try more colors!