PDA

View Full Version : Mixed emotions when my wife and I argue...

Nikki50/50
03-12-2013, 06:24 AM
No relationship is perfect. People will disagree, argue, shout and fight...
But when it comes to name calling, it can get downright mean LOL.
Yes, I type 'LOL', because in hindsight, it is always a childish thing to do, and many times my wife and I will review some of that name calling days later, and even have a laugh at some of the more creative expletives that were delivered.
But recently, we were having a mild arguement over clothes, when she called me the B-word. I paused immediately, my prepared retort vanished from my mind, and I was open mouthed. While the insult reached home and felt like an insult, part of me acknowledged the feminine insinuation in a not unpleasant way. What a wierd feeling!
Does anyone else here know of which I speak? Is this odd or uncommon?

Beverley Sims
03-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Take bitch as a compliment and count your blessings.

reshma
03-12-2013, 07:27 AM
happens a lot when your wife is accepting .. don't worry, she meant it in a friendly way and she knows that it will leave you blank.. in short, its her secret weapon :D

nhlighthouse
03-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Nikki50/50...congrats are in order for you...You have attained the level of a woman the many aspire to reach in life. You also attained it in a much shorter time span than most GG would still be working at!

Hip Hip Hooray! Hugs and kisses Girl from Mikchelle ;)B<

Kelly Smith
03-12-2013, 07:37 AM
But recently, we were having a mild arguement over clothes, when she called me the B-word. I paused immediately, my prepared retort vanished from my mind, and I was open mouthed. While the insult reached home and felt like an insult, part of me acknowledged the feminine insinuation in a not unpleasant way. What a wierd feeling!
Does anyone else here know of which I speak? Is this odd or uncommon?
That sounds like acceptance to me. I would like it.
Oh, ...and stop being such a bitch;)

BLUE ORCHID
03-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Hi Nikki, That sounds like a Left Handed complement.

Kate Simmons
03-12-2013, 09:00 AM
When someone calls me a B, I say that's Ms B to you, ...And?, Your point? or just Thank you. Usually the open mouth is on the other face.:)

Kalista Jameson
03-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Actually if a female called me a bitch while I was enfemme, I'd take it half way as a compliment. Even though she may have an issue with me, she's at least treating me as though I'm on even ground with a GG. There's some odd acceptance there. But yeah, name calling in general is not good juju.

Cheers,

Kalista

kimdl93
03-12-2013, 07:20 PM
That seems incredibly tame and definitely carries a feminine connotation, even if its an unflattering one. Go with it...and if she says it again, remember to thank her;)

suchacutie
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Yes Yes! The best return salvo is "Thank You!" "That was so delightful of you!"

:)

jessbcuzz
03-12-2013, 07:29 PM
I was called that once by my girlfriend.... I told her well, I maybe a B@#*#, but at least when I get up the Devil doesn't tell me "Oh, $%^&, the ^%%$# is up!"

RADER
03-12-2013, 08:11 PM
My Wife and I have yet to call each other a derogatory name. Maybe because we both love each other,
and would not want to hurt one another. She calls me "Honey, or my Sir name, politely, or Pops.
But nothing like the "B" word.
Rader

phlover
03-12-2013, 08:45 PM
I agree to other replies here. Her calling signifies that she unconsciously recognizes you as a girl close to her. Congrats! even if it sounds somewhat ironic.

Nikki50/50
03-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the input on this, everyone. :D
The feeling it brought just kind of caught me a bit off guard...lol

Barbara Maria
03-19-2013, 01:55 AM
The names my wives used to call me can't be repeated here,but I often call myself a ditz or a dumb blonde when I goof something up. To be addressed as a woman like you were,even in a negative way,I'd be thrilled.

Gillian Gigs
03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Personally, both my wife and I do not agree with name calling in any situation. We have had some really good fights, and they are easier to move beyond if name calling, and side issues stays out of the picture. We through the years have attempted to stick to the point of the issue and not digress, and that can be difficult at times.