PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to see GGs Dressed the Way Many CDs Like to Dress

Gretchen_To_Be
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi Girls

From the point of view of a fetishistic CD like me, GGs don't often dress the way I like to dress, or how I love to see them dressed--namely in skirt suits, dresses, pencil skirts, sheer hose, and stiletto pumps. I think my wife is an exception, because she actually enjoys dressing that way, and not just because I lavish her with praise every time she does. I suppose I'm very lucky that way. In the wider world, though, the last 20 years has seen a decline in the frequency of women dressing the way many CDs enjoy.

The demise of business dress in offices was a blow to us. When I entered the real work world in 1992 after leaving Active Duty, suits (or at least shirts and ties) were required of men, and women were required to wear hose with skirts. This endured in my company in WI until as late as 1998...not so long ago. It was fantastic to see women dressed that way every day: a mixture of lust, envy, and a CD's unique critical eye for women's fashion (that skirt is too short or tight for her / dark hose with a white skirt / salt stains on those pumps--very easy to criticize back then when I was only dressing in my mind!)

In today's world, our opportunity to see women dressed in feminine finery is often limited to special occasions. But there are some places where GGs bust out the hose, heels, dresses and skirts more regularly, much to my enjoyment. Don't get me wrong, I'm no weird voyeur, just a passionate admirer--so much so that I seek to emulate the look on myself.

No offense is meant to the TG members who want to be / will be / are women, and want nothing more than to wear casual female clothes, and for whom hose and heels are by now just uncomfortable props. I respect your strength and courage, but there is a big contingent of us on this forum that will never go that far, and for whom the whole point of CD are the superficial trappings. This is addressed to the latter.

So, without further ado, here is a list of places where in my experience, GGs dress like CDs do, or how CDs wished they did. Please feel free to add to the list!

1. Trade shows, particularly in more conservative industries like medical devices (my industry) or pharma. Now that I can appreciate wearing heels, I don't know how they do it, but it's like a hose and heel parade in the exhibit hall.

2. Major cities, in the financial district, either early morning or late afternoon in temperate climes--especially in Spring or Fall when it is not too hot or cold, and no snow. Stilettos and snow don't mix, and hose when it's 90+ with high humidity is rare.

3. Airports, hotels and flights in Latin America, Asia, and Europe. Hose and heels are still de rigueur for gals in the travel or hospitality industry. Outside the USA, the whole "business sloppy" style hasn't yet caught on.

Eye candy galore. Any other places you can think of?

Kristyn Hill
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I was with a girl from Paris and a girl from Monterey, Mexico Saturday night and both cannot believe how little American women care about their appearance. As you state, Latin Girls are always dressed. My friend girl from Mexico was in heels at 10 in the morning. The hottest girls in this country are in Miami and South Texas along with any border town towards Cali. I also had a killer discussion on Heels with my friend from Paris. Great night.

Gretchen_To_Be
03-12-2013, 10:05 PM
I was with a girl from Paris and a girl from Monterey, Mexico Saturday night and both cannot believe how little American women care about their appearance. As you state, Latin Girls are always dressed. My friend girl from Mexico was in heels at 10 in the morning. The hottest girls in this country are in Miami and South Texas along with any border town towards Cali. I also had a killer discussion on Heels with my friend from Paris. Great night.

Kristyn, you are so right. My wife is Colombian, so I completely agree that Latin women love to dress the way we love them to dress, and how many (most?) men would want them to. I lived in Miami for 2 years and it was fantastic (though hose was rare, for climatic reasons).

Kristyn Hill
03-12-2013, 10:13 PM
I lived in Lauderdale for 3 years but worked all over SoFlo. Who needs hose when you have beautiful legs filling those Heels. You just do not find Cuban or the South American Girls not dressed to the 9's ever down there or in the True Mexican Culture found near the border towns. I have been working for a year 3 miles from Mexico in Texas (live in Ft Worth) and the women down there are the same. When I go out it is a great sensation. I even think I see Gurls like us out at times even during the day.

Eryn
03-12-2013, 10:57 PM
The last time I was on jury duty I noted that the GG lawyers were heavily into the expensive skirt suit and heels look. It didn't do much for me except to marvel at their poise on those heels as they moved about the courtroom and hallways. I'd hate to have their feet at the end of the day, or their podiatrist bills at the end of the month.

Barbara Ella
03-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Having always kept an eye out for the hose and heels, and being from the Rio Grande valley, I always look forward to getting back down home just for the view. Now, however, i am always looking for just the right combinations that I know will never work for me...lol

Barbara

Julie Denier
03-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Airports and trade shows, definitely ;)

Alison Felicia
03-12-2013, 11:31 PM
The theater is another great place to see women dressed up.

NathalieX66
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Manhattan. ...anywhere between Central Park and SOHO (South Of HOuston Street)....Houston st. is pronounced How-ston, not Hyoos-ston. ....That's New York.

I regularly do my pedis/manis at any given nail salon.......just because they're there.

Unlike the New Jersey suburbs west of the Hudson River, women wear dresses and skirts almost as a general rule.

Gretchen_To_Be
03-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Nathalie--exactly. Manhattan is a target rich environment and one of the main locations I allude to in #2. Probably the best in the nation. I attend a trade show there every year and it is remarkable. And guess what? I've noticed a subtle shift in the last few years away from the Carrie Bradshaw bare legs movement...and more sheer hose. Maybe Kate across the pond has changed the perception?

DC is probably a close second, because of "proper" political etiquette, and Chicago isn't bad either.

docrobbysherry
03-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Last summer: Paris, London, Europe, airports there. Didn't see much of what you're referring to, Shi. Yeah, I saw some nicely dressed women. But, on the whole? Very different and disappointing from when I saw there 20 years ago!

Unless you're only talking about evening wear? I was with my teen daughter. We weren't out late at nite often.

Gretchen_To_Be
03-13-2013, 12:01 AM
Doc--I agree about many airport passengers, but I am not referring to the summer tourists or adolescent backpackers; it's the airline counter staff, flight attendants, and business travelers.

Barbara Maria
03-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Weddings! Being in the music buisness I've played alot of them over the years and noticed the women always come dressed to the nines.

sometimes_miss
03-13-2013, 05:03 AM
My 'girl self' is stuck in the mid teen years. So it's easy for me, I just go to the mall in the afternoon and bring a book, go to the food court, buy a soda and maybe one of those nice hot pretzels, and sit by the edge of the walkway after school hours and plenty of high school girls going shopping walk past; sometimes they stop, sit at one of the adjacent tables to talk about all kinds of girl stuff I can 'accidently' hear, or pull out their shopping finds from the bags to compare what they've purchased. So I get an eyeful of plenty of clothes that I'd love to wear. Who needs Teen Vogue when I've got my own fashion runway right there?

Beverley Sims
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
I foind special horse race days such as derbys to be the most flamboyant.

GeminaRenee
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Gosh, my experience is that you'll find that sort of attire mostly in/at lingerie shows, strip bars, and red light districts. There's a reason 99% of the clothes at my local CD store fairly scream out 'sex worker.'

Obviously, not all of us dress like that. But if it wasn't the big seller, we wouldn't have a gigantic store full of it.

NicoleScott
03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Shibumi, I share your appreciation for that style. You may laugh, but that's OK: Walmart, after church on Sundays. I remember one particular Sunday when there were three women, not together, shopping after church at Walmart. They were very well dressed, made up, and had perfect hair. Nice dresses or skirt suits, and great killer high heels - stocking/panthose, of course. And perfectly accessorized. Oh yes, all of them were black. It is my opinion that there is probably more racial segregation in the churches (perhaps, in part, of differences in worship styles) than in workplaces, eateries, entertainment venues, etc. Just an observation, but it seems that there is still a culture in the black churches to dress up on Sundays.

stephNE
03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
I spend a lot of time in business meetings and I always make an effort to take note of what the ladies are wearing. Then when I see a "style" I like, I search for those clothing items. Once, I was noticing a beautiful pattern in a skirt when the lady turned around and asked me what I was looking at. I told her, the pattern in the skirt. I'm sure she didn't believe me and she walked away.

Persephone
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
but it seems that there is still a culture in the black churches to dress up on Sundays.

Definitely! My church-going black friends always dress up for church services and the women typically have gorgeous hats as well. Alas, in my congregation we are down to pants, flats, and some even show up in jeans.

Hugs,
Persephone.

outhiking
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
I've noticed a lot more women dressing up for church lately, especially when I'm down South. Even if it's a simply blouse and skirt, it looks so nice and compliments many female body types.

dutch-anita
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
I've been to russia a few times lately (work) and those girls know how to dress, long legs, high heels.

Jenni Yumiko
03-13-2013, 03:48 PM
DWTS or strip clubs :-) sorry, couldn't resist....
DWTS the dresses are always hot!

barbie lanai
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Shibumi;3138469]Hi Girls

1. Trade shows, particularly in more conservative industries like medical devices (my industry) or pharma. Now that I can appreciate wearing heels, I don't know how they do it, but it's like a hose and heel parade in the exhibit hall.

I remember seeing a young lady in stilettos at a Wescon electronics convention in San Francisco. Spoke to her about crystals, she represented. As luck would have it, she was on the bus back to the peninsula with us and still had no problem with them after standing in them all day, even running to get to the train. At the time I was wearing pantyhose, and the steel toe boots I was wearing had worn the pantyhose toes through and the remnants where cutting between my toes.

Karren H
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
At work..... the young women are all dressing up and its fantastic! Dresses, skirt, heels...... might just never retire......

Laura28
03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I travele a lot and the Airports and most east coast cities NY Boston and DC are the best.

Darla
03-13-2013, 06:00 PM
On my daily commute into NYC - it's probably why I get up some mornings. There's plenty of Ugg boots, but those same women will be taking them off and putting their heels on as soon as they're at work. Also I noticed in PAris the women make American ladies seem frumpy. They have such style, and pull off heels and fishnets with such savoir faire.

~Joanne~
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
There's a reason 99% of the clothes at my local CD store fairly scream out 'sex worker.'

Obviously, not all of us dress like that. But if it wasn't the big seller, we wouldn't have a gigantic store full of it.

Your talking about janet's aren't you? lol I have noticed that myself when in the area and I drive by the store. I always ask myself, "Doesn't that display ever change?"

stephNE
03-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Heres a link to a set of photos from a retro party (all gg's) in Detroit.
http://detroit.metromix.com/events/standard_photo_gallery/2013-miss-autorama-pin/3421951/content

All very beautiful and great outfits as well.

lisalove
03-13-2013, 09:02 PM
When I lived in California, I used to love going down town Sacramento and just watch all the business/office women walking around.

Gretchen_To_Be
03-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Lisa, how long ago was that, and do they still dress that way?

StephNE, those are some beautiful retro girls. Would love to have those outfits!

Darla, my wife rocks the Ugg boots and pantyhose look sometimes...I like it so much I considered buying some for myself! I take her to a nice lunch every Fri when I work from home, and she'll usually put on something semi-dressy but still casual that I have bought for her...and since she knows how much I love her legs she'll almost always wear hose (and I'll underdress with the same brand/shade...it's kind of a kinky thing with us). Sometimes she'll wear pumps when the weather is decent but in winter it's often heeled boots. By the time we get home, she wants out of the heeled boots and will replace them with Uggs. God, I love that look!

Karren--you must work in the financial, legal or other conservative industry if the gals are still wearing hose and heels to work. You are lucky!

Anita from the Netherlands--YES! Russia is like heaven for CDs! Women dress so, so amazingly sexy there. I haven't been for 3 or 4 years, but I remember having to drag my tongue back into my mouth! I'm sure many of you gurls know dosug.cz or intimlife.ru (the trans section) for Russian TG eye candy? (I know most are photoshopped, but so what? We can dream, right?)

Thanks all for your replies.

Diana1469
03-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Professional Ballroom Dancers have to wear heels when dancing. It is part of their "uniform". They also wear some awesome outfits when performing. When they do Latin dances, the "dress" is more like a body stocking with strategically placed decorations. These are usually incredibly fit women too. My dance teacher would wear 2-3" heels all day dancing and then put on higher heels to "relax" and go out for the evening dancing for fun with her fellow instructors.

Tara D. Rose
03-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Maybe a brothel? just kidding.

BillieJoEllen
03-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I live close to a company that years ago had women dressing as if thet were in a fashion show. They'd eat lunch outside and many would walk during the noon hour. It was as if they were in competition with each other. It was very unusual to ever see a woman wearing pants. Then came casual fridays... and casual Thursday.... and casual , well you can see where thats going. Its really sad.

CynthiaD
03-15-2013, 04:35 PM
The symphony or the opera is a good spot, although most of the women (and men) there tend to be elderly.

I also second the " Walmart on Sunday morning." I see women of all races there dressed to the nines. Unfortunately, a lot of younger people (both men and women) wear casual clothing to church, and to Walmart after church.

Alice Torn
03-15-2013, 04:42 PM
I have read that The Ukraine is a place where women usually wear dresses, skirts and hose. How I wish it was that way yet here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Persephone
03-15-2013, 05:10 PM
I was in a hotel last weekend and saw an entire group of airline stewardesses in the lobby. They looked exactly like something out of 1950's-60's Pan Am, only their uniforms were different colors - beige skirt suits and red hats. I think they were from the UAE (United Arab Emirates) airline.

I found this picture through a Google search.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/StewardessesArabEmerate_zps3f31d1b1.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

Gretchen_To_Be
03-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi Persephone--I have flown Emirates and the flight attendants do dress nicely. But the South American airlines have them beat! I have flown LAN, COPA, Avianca, TAM and others. It's like a fashion show...love it. Thanks for your post.

AmandaBlack
03-16-2013, 08:46 AM
You said it! People just don't know how to dress anymore, men and women. They need to spend a week in front of the TV watching episodes of "Mad Men"!

I grew up in a city and took the subway downtown everyday for high school...loved seeing the woman dressed in skirts, heels and hose. We used to "boo" the ones that'd wear sneakers with their attire as they walked from the subway to their offices. lol.

I met my wife while she was working in a retail woman's clothing store...and she dressed that way herself even on off days! Loved it. To this day, she won't ever leave the house in sweats or a damn "hoodie" like you see these girls and woman wearing today, nor any sort of "t-shirt"...half of them dress like men.

More recently, we moved into a new neighborhood a couple of years ago and one of our neighbors is a very sexy mid 40s woman who always is in a skirt or dress and heels...heels even in jeans, which I love.

Rachel Morley
03-16-2013, 11:36 AM
When I lived in California, I used to love going down town Sacramento and just watch all the business/office women walking around.
I live in Sacramento and believe me, that's still going on. At lunchtime there seems to be lots of immaculately dressed women all over the place!

Jaymees22
03-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi, I think NYC. I was there about 6 months ago and saw a beautiful girl getting into a cab. She was wearing a short filmy beige and black very short dress and the platform heels we all love. I'm still fantasizing about her and I only saw her for a few seconds. Jaymee

NancyTO
03-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Underground shopping and pedistrian pathways under the bank and business towers. Lots of women in skirt and jacket powersuits, silk blouses and occassion dress and hose. I envy them.

DarlaCD
04-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Church, and the after-church breakfast places are great places to check out the latest fashions.

suchacutie
04-14-2013, 06:28 PM
It seems to me that if you want to mingle with women who care about their apperance, you need to go to places where appearance makes a difference. Classical music concerts, the ballet, the theatre (not the movies!), upper-end restaurants, and businesses that deal with money: banks, brokerage firms, money-lending establisments.

Of course, the high density of these things in Manhattan below 105th street is huge (and I would take it all the way down to the financial district just above the Battery).