PDA

View Full Version : Shopping.... Are your intentions, most often to actually shop?

Princess Chantal
03-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Obviously the most popular activity that crossdressers tend to do out in the public is to go shopping. A few of my crossdressing friends often message me to join them for shopping trips, in which they usually never buy anything and/or don't really look at the items. Seems like their intentions are to be out in the public eye or get out of the house. When I do join them, I am always the one rooting thru the clothing racks, trying stuff on and/or making the purchases. Therefore, I limit these type of outtings from my crossdressing time or else I'd be broke and not having any living space in the home.
What are your intentions when you go "shopping"/shopping?

Michelle 51
03-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Mine aren't.I just like to get out and be casual.I like the mall because it's easy to blend in.I like to just stroll around browsing.Often sit on a bench and watch people scurry .Too busy to notice a crossdresser.

erickka
03-13-2013, 05:12 AM
I also just like to stroll around the stores and browse. The big malls have so much to look at, plus the food courts are usually quite diverse and very tasty! LOL

Angela Campbell
03-13-2013, 05:38 AM
I do not always buy anything, but I sure do look at everything. If for nothing else to get some ideas of nice combinations. If I see something I really want I will buy it. I do not go just to be out in public anymore. I used to but I feel a bit more comfortable and usually forget I am "dressed up" and just go about my business.

linda allen
03-13-2013, 06:20 AM
When I shop, I buy if anything catches my eye and is a good value. Shopping is one of the things my wife and I enjoy doing together.

noeleena
03-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Hi,

For my self ill have Jos with me & we do the second hand shops & the sizes are more Jos's size so i look . & that's okay i dont mind because i have been given some lovely clothes that i alter to fit me & i wear them to many do's we have going on with our groups,

My point is i dont need to buy more clothes as now i have pleanty,

...noeleena...

bridget thronton
03-13-2013, 08:25 AM
When I shop my intention is to buy - but only if the item is a good value

StephanieDragg
03-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Shopping is my favorite, being out of orange juice or lunch meat here is enough reason to get dolled up and go get some!! Love going to the resale shops browsing to see what I can add to my wardrobe or other stores!, Usually always buy something

Beverley Sims
03-13-2013, 11:04 AM
I usually shop with an intention to buy.
Fifty percent of the time it is sale or items of interest.
Ten percent of the time is specific requirements.
The other ninety five percent is indecisive window shopping and just being out.

Is there something wrong with my mathematics?
Tell someone who cares I just like to enjoy what I do.

rita63
03-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Many years ago shopping became a major recreational activity. Given that women spend most of the household money and most of the stores in the mall are "womens" stores its obviously a Cd's delight. Female shopping can be a highly competative activity, all those hockey baseball and soccer mums. If only I won the lottery I could really participate.

hugs rita

helena.gcd
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Well, it depends. Sometimes i'm just looking to see if something catch my eye, but other times I'm there with a purpose, to find the final piece for a new outfit :)

kimdl93
03-13-2013, 05:14 PM
If I don't buy something, I feel like its been a wasted trip. I love getting out and mingling with other human beings, of course, but I dig into the sales racks like a pro. Next time I'm in Winnipeg, I'll give you a call!

Rachelakld
03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Sometimes I wake up feeling naughty, so I put on high impact "look at me" clothes (see my blog for my corset photos).
Normally this feeling wears off by 11am and I change to something more "normal".

I love trying on new outfits and would buy them all if my male side allowed (he's so controlling and only allows about $20 per week for me - rest of his money is allocated for "family" stuff)

AllieSF
03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
There is shopping, window shopping and buying. I tend to shop and buy if I find something I like. I do very little walking around to just look and touch. I don't need an excuse to get out so that I can dress as a woman. I do that a lot but normally am going out to eat, drink or to some event, so shopping for me is to feed my passion and normally ends up with something new or used (thrift store) in a bag hanging from my hand or arm.

~Joanne~
03-13-2013, 06:00 PM
When my SO and I go out to go shopping we do just that :) She usually comes home with more than I do or everything in some cases but that's only because I didn't see anything that really looked nice and it depends on the store we are in :) I never go out to just walk around as I never go out full femme so there is no point in it. Now if I DID go out fully dressed I would probably feel obligated to buy "something" while out.

DeeArel
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I love to shop. If it has good lines, feels good on the skin, and the price is in the budget, I buy it.

If I wear a recognizable outfit to the store that says I bought there before, I get great service, and premium fitting room service. If the price is out of my budget, I wait for the sale and hope my size is still available.

docrobbysherry
03-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm a guy. I don't shop. I buy.

The women in my family shop. They can spend hours looking at things and never buy anything!

Starr
03-13-2013, 09:09 PM
When i go shopping, i am going to shop.. now i may not buy anything but i will for sure be looking... Most times i have something i am looking for.. but always check out the racks in case there is something there i didn't think about.

mmarmstrong
03-13-2013, 09:34 PM
I think I fall into the category where many of my so called shopping adventures end up not being about the shopping but as you put it, get out in the public eye. If i bought something every time, like you said - broke and out of closet space..haha...

I Am Paula
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I am the marketing deptartments dream. As a dedicated competition grade shopper, I don't wait for sales, the more expensive item MUSTbe better, labels are everything, and my favorite men are named Christian Louboutin, and Jimmy Choo.
That being said, I have no kids, and my house is paid for. I'm not taking any food from anybody's mouth.
A good day shopping involves the floor manager to asign a lackey to carry my stuff, and they'll do a starbucks run for me.
This level of shopping took YEARS to work up to. Do not try it on a first trip out or you may pull a hamstring (whatever that is).
It's Prada or nada baby.-Celeste

suzanne
03-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Only recently did I get introduced to the differences between masculine "buying" and feminine "shopping". In the store with my daughter, I was told to take one of everything in my size to the fitting room. Anything that i said "maybe" to went into the pile because, i was told, "You never know".This amounted to at least a dozen tops, which we narrowed down to three for purchase, and there were some surprising picks among the winners. In male mode, the 'maybes' stay on the rack and only the 'probables' are tried on, finally arriving at one. The difference in time spent is surprising. We spent an hour finding me those three tops, whereas twenty minutes is my limit in guy mode.

Cheryl T
03-14-2013, 02:39 AM
When my wife and I go shopping we sometimes go with a good friend from our Tri-Ess group. We always SHOP. I'm not there to just walk around, I want to see what's new, what's on sale and what I might add to my wardrobe. The same is true for our friend. We almost always buy Something, maybe not a lot, but something.
Then we make sure to have a nice dinner while out too.

brandi.tgurl
03-14-2013, 02:43 AM
i usually shop to buy... sometimes i just look, and try things on, but i have more fun wearing what i bought with other things i have bought... not just once in the store.

becky77
03-14-2013, 04:07 AM
I love shopping but I am selective. I'm not always buying something but I am on the look out for that certain thing that speaks to me, or better yet a real bargain :)

BOBBI G.
03-14-2013, 05:21 AM
I always shop with a purpose in mind. Usually for a definite item. I reently had my ears pierced, and the starteers are coming out in the next week. Went shopping for a couple pair that I had in my mind. Found one right away, but am still looking for this other one. I went to for or five jewelery stores and over half a dozen pawn shops (shopping) looking for them. Will be on the prowl for them in the next couple days.

Bobbi

Rollcasket
03-14-2013, 05:56 AM
When ever me and my g-friends go shopping very rarely do any of us not buy something which seem to kill my wallet every time. Its actually almost impossible for me to go shopping and NOT buy something which is why I have to limit how often I do go shopping. If I wanna go out to just be dressed and walk around then I'll go either to a bar or some place enjoyable to walk around or socialize.

SheriM
03-14-2013, 07:58 AM
I love to shop! I like being out and about dressed in female attire. I like to try things on and I like to buy and take things home. However, I don't always purchase in every store, if fact I probably make a purchase in less than half the stores that I enter. Still have way too much stuff.
SheriM

Karren H
03-14-2013, 08:03 AM
I try things on..... and buy only if I like when way they look on me.....

RebeccaPitt
03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Yes, my intentions are to shop always and to buy if I find something. However the budget and space tend to have control over my shopping, otherwise I would need a warehouse. Sometimes I don't find anything, then other times not even looking really and get lucky. Gotta post some pictures of some of my finds, like the boots from DSW that happened to be on clearance at 60% off!!!! The black full leather skirt with red stitching on it for $4.99, now that was a steal.

Kelly Smith
03-14-2013, 09:21 AM
I don't know why I enjoy shopping while enfemme. Heck, I don't even know why crossdressing is so tasty or why appearing in public while dressed as a GG is so satisfying. There is something of the forbidden in browsing through displays of pretty bras and panties while dressed that is just delicious.

Diane Smith
03-16-2013, 12:19 AM
I feel kind of guilty if I go into a store and take up the SA's time without buying anything, so I try to make all of my stops productive. Of course, I don't always find what I'm looking for, but I'd say I spend some money at least three quarters of the time.

- Diane

PattiAllison
03-16-2013, 12:42 AM
I love to shop! I don't always buy something, but if I spot a cute skirt or top or a pair of shoes I just have to have, I'll do it. The thrill of being out dressed as a woman is incredible. I love to chat with the salesgirls, most of them are so nice.

k lynn
03-16-2013, 04:41 AM
As I am an underdresser with 3 pair of girl jeans my shopping trips or only 2or3 a year but I will look as I walk by the lingerie section trying to save money for a down payment on a harley switchback

Princess Chantal
03-18-2013, 08:10 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. I'm not all that enthused on shopping at the suburban cookie-cutter type of stores/malls and that is where most of my crossdressing friends tend to want to go. Eventhough, with my rooting thru the sales racks and purchasing something may seem like I am enjoying the outting.... I am really not. I'm just keeping myself from being bored by the hohum surroundings. By hohum surroundings, I am talking about the stores and how people are dressed, not about being with my friends.
The shopping that I truely love are the type that my partner and non-crossdressing friends tend to do, which is aimlessly wander around the old shopping district that host unique shops. Here in Winnipeg it would be the areas like the Exchange District, Osbourne Village, or Wolsley. Not only is the shopping awesome in these stores but the whole experience of the trip. Observing the architecture and the exploration of the different eatting joints makes it so much more appealling.

If I don't buy something, I feel like its been a wasted trip. I love getting out and mingling with other human beings, of course, but I dig into the sales racks like a pro. Next time I'm in Winnipeg, I'll give you a call!
I'm easy to get a hold of lol. If were we to shop, we'd totally do the aimless wandering type of shopping

Jennifer Marie P.
03-18-2013, 08:39 AM
When I go shopping I shop first place I head out to the dress department and the handbag shop.

sometimes_miss
03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Even those of us who stay at home when dressed sometimes spend huge amounts of time 'shopping', albeit online. Like any other 'shopping', I don't always buy something if I can't find what I want in my size, or sometimes simply because I have enough of the particular item I'm looking at. Hmmm, do I really need another cheerleading uniform? No, I already have the uniform for my favorite teams. Schoolgirl plaid skirts and plain tops to go with them? No, I've got pretty much every combination. What I'd like is one of the really, really pretty full uniforms that I see modeled in east asia by some of the female singing stars over there, but those are made only in well, 'schoolgirl' sizes, and I'm certainly not in that size group. And while I keep going back to prom and bridal gowns, I can't see the reason for buying one that I'll never use or be comfortable wearing. So in the meantime, I'll just keep looking, and dreaming about things that aren't available in my size quite yet.

S. Lisa Smith
03-18-2013, 02:37 PM
I am always really shopping to buy if I'm out shopping. Guess its my male side showing through....