PDA

View Full Version : What's worse than a week in the hospital???

dawnk
03-14-2013, 12:01 AM
I just spent a week in the Hospital with a breathing problem. Glad I hadn't painted my nails like I'd planned, but I did leave the house in a mess and was slightly embarassed when a med supply co had to send a tech out to set me up for O2. Could have been worse though. But it's time to purge things I no longer use or have need for. Maybe next time someone shows up unexpected, there won't be a mad rush to shove things under pillows. :-)

dk

Tracii G
03-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Sorry you had to stay there for a week that sux.
At least you are back home.

Tara D. Rose
03-14-2013, 12:10 AM
What's worse than a week in the hospital???

A week in prison. ha ha, just a little ole' jokey thing.
I'm glad you're back home and feeling okay now. And yes, keep your girly things put away most of the time. Heck, send me those things you no longer need.

Tara

Fran Moore
03-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Hope you are feeling better Dawn. That reminds me, I need to do a little "spring cleaning" myself......

ronny0
03-14-2013, 12:35 AM

Not making it to the ER at all!

Tomorrow is ALWAYS a gift!

Chickhe
03-14-2013, 01:01 AM
A few hours in one is worse than a week. The reason I say that is because if its not serious enough to be there for a whole week they make you wait for hours in the emergency receiving room in pain for hours...at least in Canada.

AllieSF
03-14-2013, 01:08 AM
"What's worse than a week in the hospital??? "

How about two weeks in a hospital? Anyway, humor aside, welcome back. Are you going to stay longer this time and not take off again with these unexcused absences?

Andy66
03-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Oh no, poor you. Glad youre home and presumably okay.

UNDERDRESSER
03-14-2013, 01:22 AM
A few hours in one is worse than a week. The reason I say that is because if its not serious enough to be there for a whole week they make you wait for hours in the emergency receiving room in pain for hours...at least in Canada.I must have been lucky then, I've been to emergency 3 or 4 times in the last few years, max wait was.....hour and a half? If that. Once was potential heart problem, and i was hooked up to a monitor inside of 15 minutes, another time WAS a heart problem, and again, 10 minutes. 10 minutes after that, they said "Do you need to call someone? You'll be in here a couple of days."

Tammy Nowakowski
03-14-2013, 08:01 AM
when spring cleaning i would take some left overs

Beverley Sims
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
I was going to say two weeks in hospital, but any time in hospital sux.
Instead of purging just put it all away somewhere until you find another use for it.
maybe purging is the wrong word.
Just get rid of what you do not need.

Diane Smith
03-16-2013, 12:16 AM
I went in through the ER in 2001 for a nine-day stay. My polished toes and piercings were quite the subjects of conversation with one of the nurses. No problems at all, and it was kind of fun to have something beside my medical condition to talk about.

- Diane

giuseppina
03-16-2013, 07:45 PM
A few hours in one is worse than a week. The reason I say that is because if its not serious enough to be there for a whole week they make you wait for hours in the emergency receiving room in pain for hours...at least in Canada.

And that's the way it should be, Chickhe. I'm saddened you were struggling with untreated pain, but things like cardiovascular issues, serious trauma, and other life-threatening conditions take priority over fractures and other non-life-threatening issues.

Roberta Marie
03-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Glad that you're recovering.

A few years ago my wife was Nursing Supervisor for Critical Care in a health system that has 2 campuses in a metropolitan area. Part of her responsabilities was the Emergency Department. One night whe was approached by a newer nurse in the ED who said that a male patient had recently come in and was treated, who's tonails were painted red, and she was wondering if she should remove the nail polish before the man's wife arrived. My wife said that that would probably be a good idea. When his wife arrived, she asked who had removed her husbands nail polish, that she wanted to thank them for thinking of sparing his feelings.

ImAlexis
03-17-2013, 05:54 AM

A week in outpatient clinic.

ImAlexis
03-17-2013, 06:01 AM
And that's the way it should be, Chickhe. I'm saddened you were struggling with untreated pain, but things like cardiovascular issues, serious trauma, and other life-threatening conditions take priority over fractures and other non-life-threatening issues.

Basically what she said. In the emergency department, waiting is good. Waiting means you aren't dying. The person you should feel bad for is the poor soul taken directly back. The stroke, the heart attack, the severe infection. The ones who can die in short order without treatment.

BLUE ORCHID
03-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Hi Dawn, Just get well soon!!!

Lacyfem
03-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Try three and a half monts in fixed positions due to a detached retina... not fun!

dawnk
03-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks everyone. Been out a week now and breathing is okay and more important, my Blood Pressure is in the 120's over 70's. It hasn't been there for two decades. Thankfully, they worked out the right sequence of meds instead of just stacking another one on top of the others like my Primary care Doctor was doing. I go back to work this Thursday and think I might actually be able to do it without much trouble. And my weight has remained constant after dropping 15 pounds. I may just have to go out and buy a new dress. ;-)

dk