PDA

View Full Version : Your dirty laundry

Lisa Gerrie
03-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Just 'tween us girls, how are your laundry habits? I think I was a typical teenage male; my stash was either well-hidden or on my body. I had five sibs so when the house was empty I never thought "Cool! I can finally do laundry!". I guess I was a stereotypical college male, too, not worrying too much about how clean my underwear was from day to day, unless I had a date. I'm embarrassed to say that my habits didn't change very quickly. For as long as I remained closeted in my own home, I did girly laundry yearly at best.

Flash forward to my fifties, post-divorce... I rinse out a few things a couple of times a week, and I hand-wash most of my clothes because it keeps them soft. I find I like the smell of Woolite. Unlike Richard Dreyfus, I very much do "like the panties drying on the rod".

libbyb
03-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Can relate I do it much more now that I am older hanging in the bathroom drying reno.dd me of my childhood.

Beverley Sims
03-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Always did mine regularly and sound unique places to dry it.
One place was in the roof of the house above the ceiling.
Not actually in the attic but spaces behind the wall.
One time the neighbors were away and I hung it on their line.
I remember my mother remarking so and so left her washing on the line I must get it off for her.
"She has some dainty things."
She forgot to get it, I stripped it off the line that night and all was cool.

~Joanne~
03-15-2013, 08:49 AM
I have always been good about my laundry. One wear, one wash. I never had a problem washing my things while living at home because I didn't have much then. Now, I just wash my things with my SO's. The only complaints are when the panties almost match a pair of hers and she trys to claim them but finds them too small for her then she realizes that they aren't hers.

Daryl
03-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Bras,panties,hose on one day. Jeans, skirts, tops anotherday. All are hand washed and air dryed.

BLUE ORCHID
03-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi Michael , I just do the laundry all the time.

bridget thronton
03-15-2013, 08:58 AM
I do my laundry every 7 days or so (depends on how busy in am)

Karren H
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
You mean your supposed to wash them? I thought that's why perfume was invented..... so you didn't have to wash.....

stephNE
03-15-2013, 09:28 AM
I do most of the laundry in my house. My girly things are washed after each use. I get home earlier (like 4-4:30) and my wife doesn't get home until about 6. So just about every day I do a load of laundry, mixing both my things with hers, as well as towels, etc. The only things I don't wash are her blouses, as she if very particular about how they are washed and hung up to dry.

You mean your supposed to wash them? I thought that's why perfume was invented..... so you didn't have to wash.....

Karen, I know you're kidding, but gross!

Lynn Marie
03-15-2013, 09:54 AM
After my ex managed to turn my whites pink for the second time, I did my own laundry. I'm much better at it than she ever was. I like all my things clean and ironed.

JenniferR771
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
My wash opportunities are very limited--wife not approving--so I have to wash when she is out of town. Simpler just to drop by the thrift store and buy more dresses. Seldom wear dresses more than once anyway.

Whoops. I forgot to close the browser last week and my wife read a post and spotted my avatar.
Well Ok--she didn't make a fuss.

BillieJoEllen
03-15-2013, 10:02 AM
When still living back home with my parents I didn't have much chance of ever doing laundry. Of course I didn't have much opportunity of dressing either. I somehow still got a chance to do my laundry but it wasn't often but when I did the clothes felt so good again after they were clean.

Rachel Murphy
03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I live alone so, of course, I do the laundry. It turns out I do two or three loads girls to one load boys. I've always got something feminine hanging on showers rods and drying racks. ;)

CynthiaD
03-15-2013, 04:03 PM
My wife does the laundry once a week. When I was single I did my own laundry once a week. If you're hanging out not doing anything anyway, it's no big deal to toss a few things in the washer.

Vanessa5
03-15-2013, 04:30 PM
I try to do it once a week. My wife wants DADT and if I leave anything either out or forget to change the washer settings I am reminded rather harshly.

Lorileah
03-15-2013, 05:22 PM
I just buy new things. Makes it a lot easier

Alice B
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Both my wife and I do the laundry, including my things. Never been a problem.

SarahBJackson
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
I hand wash my nylons and trouser socks. My wife washes my panties. I haven't worn my clothes enough yet to worry about washing them, unfortunately.

socalcutie
03-15-2013, 09:58 PM
My wife and I hit the laundromat 3 times a month or so, and we wash everything together and sort it out afterward. Colors, lights, and darks are of course sorted and separated and any special tags are obeyed for everything.

lingerieLiz
03-15-2013, 11:11 PM
My wife and I do the laundry several times a week. Only wear lingerie and most everything else once then wash or it goes to the dry cleaners. She has bigger boobs and smaller band size so lingerie is not hard to sort. Only time she gets upset is when I have more bras in the wash than she does.

We send the bras though with the rest of the lingerie but don't dry them. Panties, nightgowns, etc. get the dryer. Most women send their lingerie though the washer including bras and do like we do.

Jenni Yumiko
03-16-2013, 01:37 AM
with 5 people in the house, and athletics for 3, wash is perpetual, since I work from home I'm usually the one doing it, i separate and fold during the day then everyone grabs their stuff off the laundry room counter at night or when their piles start piling up. Nylons and such end up in a lingerie bag and woolite.

mandytg
03-16-2013, 02:38 AM
I do my own laundry, my wife has always insisted on this, she contends that if I am dressed in womens clothes it is my responsibilty to wash them. No problem, I enjoy it. As for my male clothes, she includes these in the family wash, not that there is many of these now.

Mandy

noeleena
03-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Hi,

Oh heck , well you know hang them on the outside clothes line , then wait for the rain, not had any for 3 months then wait again for the sun to dry them, neighbours have a fair view, both sides, & friends that come around see all & sundy,

Yes well you know how it is, im quite fussy i wash every 2 day's if not more, i was never one to like being in dirty clothes & sometimes id change 2 times a day, well i do when im doing our house up or other jobs,

& yes they do get hung on the line out side,, the neighbours do know im a woman so its okay, & yes iv done Jos's as well & still do when she stays here at home, & ill do Dejarns when she stays, our 10 y 4 m grandaughter,

...noeleena...

AmyGaleRT
03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
I do all the laundry here, including any of my Amy-clothes that I wear. Those go in as a separate load from my male clothes or my fiancee's clothes, to avoid confusion. Since most of them tend to say "delicate cycle," they all go in as delicate cycle.

When I first brought all my clothes back from storage, I gave everything a good washing. It required five or six loads! Thankfully, we have our own washer and dryer.

- Amy

flatlander_48
03-16-2013, 07:17 PM
My wife and I usually wash our clothes separately. Occasionally one may add some things to the other's load to help fill the machine, but that's fairly rare. When I wash, it is male and female items together with undergarments, pantyhose, pajamas, etc. in laundry bags. All of those items never see the dryer. They are all air dried. I use normal detergent, usually Arm & Hammer.

EllenJo
03-17-2013, 10:33 AM
I do all of the laundry at our house. My work clothes get washed separately, but other than that I was like materials together just the way my Mom taught me before I left for college. My wife's only issue is if I accidentally get our panties mixed up (she's a 6 and I'm a 7). I never throw bra's in the dryer and use the delicate setting for lots of things. She has often said that when I am in Susie mode (as in Susie Homemaker) I am the best thing that's ever happened to her. She hates house work. I only wish she would accept me doing the housework with a skirt on.

Lacyfem
03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
I have to do my laundry when the wife is gone for the day so just depends on what needs to washed the most and how long she's going to gone so I can finish drying them. To an extent don't mind wearing my used panties and bras as I started by wearing my mom's soiled things from her hamper. But yes after some activities in my frilly's some definitely need attention immediately.

Veronica Lacey
03-17-2013, 12:29 PM
While my wardrobe is quite large my dressing time is very limited. Laundry is once a month for panties and intimates while blouses and dresses are just hung back up as they do not get dirty nor soiled. The wash machine has a delicate setting which works beautifully. Weak point is washing stockings.

Mikkigurll
03-17-2013, 01:16 PM
My wife usually does the laundry. And, she mixes it all together, then sorts it out.

dominique
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
I do all the washing in the house. So when washing my stuff I tend to wash them first thing and its a few hrs until any body else in the house. I put them on the airer as there is always washing on it. Except for my skirts if its a nice day they go out on the washing line

Maria S
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm afraid my girlie laundry habits are not good. Because I dress a lot but don't have a large wardrobe of clothes if I regularly washed them all it would end up with more in the wash then in my wardrobe or on my back. I wash items when they really need it. I'm planning when the weather gets a bit better to have a complete wardrobe wash and do the lot. Wash them once a year whether they need it or not.

Maria

LauraLane
03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
I do mine in secret, not because I'm ashamed but just because its more fun that way. I'm the laundry ninja, no can hear me rinse! :) x

BOBBI G.
03-18-2013, 05:03 AM
I use the machine as it saves me a lot of time, a very precious commodity. Lots of settings to choose from. Drying, hang all under garments and delicate fabrics, or anything that may shrink. I learned a lot from my mother and quite a bit from my ex. I try not to buy dry clean only, as most of my clothing is daytime or casual. If it can't go in my machine, Ill find a machine that has a cycle that does.

Bobbi