PDA

View Full Version : Do you half dress?

FelicityMay
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
i know it seems so much more comforting when you can go out in full drag, but how much women clothing do you blend with your male form?

personally, my favorite type of girly clothes is plain casual look. im sure it would look funny, but im tempted to start going out in girls t-shirts or jeans.

what sort of things can blend well while not full drag?

nhlighthouse
03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
FelicityMay...i find going out with full under dressing in place panties, cami pantyhose or thigh or knee highs along with women stretch denin jeans with a silk blouse is a great way to feel ladylike with out looking out of place!

Tracii G
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Thats how I roll everyday join the club GF.
Dress how you want mix the genders.

Maria S
03-17-2013, 06:21 PM
The only time I half dress is if I have to change back to go for an interview or to sign on at the job centre etc.

Maria

LauraLane
03-17-2013, 06:28 PM
I was thinking about this recently, I'm trying to figure out what I could start wearing in public, which is something I've not really tried yet. I hadn't really considered half dressing.

I think jeans and a t-shirt sounds like a more comfortable way to start. Do most people wear a bra and breasts forms with this?

Tiffbear
03-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Nope.

If I'm in guy mode, I'll wear men's clothing, if in girl mode, women's clothing. I just feel off if I mix it up.

If I'm staying at home in girl mode, I won't worry about makeup, and if I do, it's usually just eye makeup, because I need practice.

STACY B
03-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Thats how I roll everyday join the club GF.
Dress how you want mix the genders.

Lordy,,, Lordy,,, Girl you are reading my mind ,,, I wear all KINDS of stuff ,,, Push it to the Limit is what I say ,,Then they don't know what to say or think ,,,LOL,,,

JBPerry
03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
because my wife and I live on base, obviously I can't just go on base en femme (as in dress, skirt, heels) but I do have womens jeans and a pair of womens boots that aren't obviously feminine. If I go on base dressed en femme, I wear those, underdress with a bra, panties and knee highs.....if its a chilly day or its at night, I may wear a female top but with a jacket (that is female but not obvious) over it.

Chari
03-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Dress in whatever makes you feel comfortable and gives you confidence! IMO most people don't really notice what gender items you are wearing - only if you DON'T "blend in". Fashion gender lines are fuzzy at times and some clothing can be worn by both sides - like plain straight leg jeans, pull over sweaters, pastel blouses, denim jackets, short boots, loafers, tennies, and some large computer backpacks look like a woman's purse. Enjoy!

RADER
03-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I wear womens jeans all the time, with panties and knee high black hose.
Even to my legion meetings, but with a drab shirt.
In cold weather, I have my bra on and a Flannel shirt. Also a Denim coat.
Rader

Sam-antha
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I will and do wear whatever I feel like, whenever I like,oin or outside. (Of course skirts are a male no no, but that is about it). Just comfy is what matters.

mmarmstrong
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
If I'm in guy mode, I'll wear men's clothing, if in girl mode, women's clothing.

That's pretty much my situation, although I sometimes underdress - with some frilly undies under my mens work clothes but not as often as I'd like to.

Deedee Skyblue
03-17-2013, 07:51 PM
I wear women's jeans all the time, with panties and knee high black hose.Rader

Not just jeans, but I have some nice business casual slacks as well - and I really enjoy knee-highs.

This is sometimes referred to as 'stealth' mode - wearing women's clothes but presenting as male.

Deedee

Jenni Yumiko
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Underdress mainly n girl jeans nowadays

Phanatic
03-17-2013, 08:00 PM
I like wearing my women's skinny jeans, shows off my butt. I've previously done quite a lot of squatting and deadlifting and built that area up well, and I've always had a big butt anyway really. Lately I've been doing bodyweight squats in my heeled boots (about 3"), all the way down to the ground and those jeans are getting tighter lol. Under that I'm in hose so that I can fit into women's shoes. I've never worn flats or boots out but I have gone out in my leopard canvas shoes which I love. Wish I could find a picture online that does them justice. Apart from that, a women's tee and sweater which are almost gender neutral.

nhlighthouse
03-17-2013, 08:01 PM
LADIES just a little tip in the fashion area I have found that if you wear/use suspenders to hold up your jeans/pants they will hide any strapes that you maybe wearing under your clothes and they are fashionable! ......just a little FYI

BLUE ORCHID
03-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Hi Felicity, Ladies jeans and sweaters also white trouser socks.

Cassandra Lynn
03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Clothes are just clothes for the most part, wear what you want....within reason.

Now that i have a new job indoors in a clean environment, i'm close to fiddy/fiddy everyday now. About the only thing i haven't really looked into is some more androgynous looking shirts (blouses or tee's).

SarahBJackson
03-17-2013, 10:43 PM
I wear womens jeans and brown low heeled boots under the legs on weekends. In addition, yes, I wear panties and either knee high nylons or trouser socks. In addition, most weekends, I paint my nails too. It's nice to think that I"m dressed from the waist down, and also under all my guy clothes during the week.

lingerieLiz
03-17-2013, 10:55 PM
I live the casual life. Did the three piece suit when I was younger. Underdressed then, but never wore a bra to work. Now I can wear what I choose. Mostly gg jeans, and pants in winter and gg shorts in summer. Have several pairs of women's resort wear shorts that I wear. They are long enough that most people don't notice. Also have some jean shorts that I like. Winter I wear sweaters and blouses most of the time and summer it is short sleve tops and tee shirts. Most of my wardrobe is women's clothes and people seem to accept it. Once in a while a woman will have the same article of clothing on. I don't let it bother me.

One thing about knit tops in summer is that women wear them snug so if you wear them and have excess weight the bulges might not be where people expect them. Bra lines can be very obvious.

NathalieX66
03-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Answer to original post:

Yes.

I do combine my male wardrobe with my female wardrobe. The only problem is I actually don't keep track of when I do it.

linda allen
03-18-2013, 06:59 AM
If I go out I want to look either like a man or like a lady. That said all the jeans I have are from the womens department. No one knows they are womens jeans unless they see them when I am not wearing them and look inside at the tag. When man I look like one even if I am wearing womens jeans and panties.

Same here including the ladies jeans. Man or lady, not something in between.

I do have men's jeans for working on the car, lawn, etc. but only because they are not worn out yet.

I underdress in panties and sometimes a bra, but of course nobody sees them.

Kate Simmons
03-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Dressing in a way that makes you comfortable is the most important thing. Not all of us have something to "prove".:)

ronda
03-18-2013, 07:27 AM
I dress everyday in bra panties girl jean and t shirt HUgs Ronda

Lynn Marie
03-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Wearing some male clothing and some female clothing is not blending, it's mixing. You can expect disapproving looks and smirks from the general population. Don't complain. What did you expect? Most folks won't say anything. Just trying to be polite. Others will openly deride you because they're ignorant and stupid.

My situation in life allows me to dress whenever and wherever I like. No need to underdress or try stealth mode. When I dress, I want to look and feel like a classy woman, when not, a classy gentleman will do.

Beverley Sims
03-18-2013, 08:17 AM
I prefer to be man or woman.
If I was eighteen I might mix and match occasionally.
Only to get my friends going and for fun.
I could not dress seriously half way.

Cheryl T
03-18-2013, 09:23 AM
All my jeans and slacks are from the women's section as are most of my t-shirts. I also wear Ryka sneakers and women's shoes most of the time, especially my Clarks mules in the nicer weather. I have like 2 pair of men's underwear for Dr's visits and even they don't get much use anymore.
I'd say about 80% of my daily wardrobe is women's clothing and no one seems to notice and I really don't care.

sabrinaedwards
03-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Personally, I like to dress as "girly" as possible. This includes makeup, jewelry, nails done, stylist hair, and cute shoes. I love the feel of the complete transformation.

Becky Adams
03-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Make it about 30-70...30% femme (bra, panties, and hose) and 70% drab...underdress basically.

Daryl
03-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I was almost 100% this morning. Was in bra,panties,and thigh highs inner wear. V-neck tee with 3/4 sleeves,long sleeve female plaid shirt,
and womens elastic waist jeans with my flat heeled boots. Since it was a little chilly I had on my Totes medium blue jacket. Didn't have any
makeup on. This is what I wore when I walked to my local CVS to pickup my meds. I dress this way alot on a daily basis. Own hardly any
mens wear.

Allison Chaynes
03-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Always panties, and during the winter months under a men's fleece jacket I wear whatever I want. Right now, a white cami. I have some women;s jeans that you can't tell (my wife even failed the eye test on some of them) and some women's socks that are not obvious. I even found some women's shoes in my size (thanks Payless) that are not obvious. It depends on what I am doing and where I am going.

Jenniferathome
03-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Nope.

If I'm in guy mode, I'll wear men's clothing, if in girl mode, women's clothing. I just feel off if I mix it up.

That's me exactly. By the way, EVERYONE will notice a guy wearing some kind of female clothing, even if it is supposedly "androgynous." Just ask yourself, would YOU notice a guy wearing skinny jeans? Ballet slippers? Silk blouse? Of course you would! Now, do you have to care? No. Just don't expect to slip under the radar.

cathie pantyhose
03-18-2013, 01:39 PM
I half dress when doing errands. I almost always at least wear panties but I have worn woman's jeans quite often. My wife's jeans are fantastic. They are Lucky jeans and she wears a size 4 which I'm surprised I can get in to but I am a fitness nut so I'm in pretty good shape. When I do wear her jeans, I always wear a pair of pantyhose under as well. Feels great all tucked inside those jeans. From time to time she thinks she's lost a little more weight though when she wears a pair I have worn and they are a bit bigger on her, lol

Annaliese
03-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I wear girl jeans, and sweaters every day, with a little make-up

pink.switch.love
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
on another thread we were talking about GGs with short hair, baseball caps, jeans, guy cut t-shirts, etc
and somebody said that the GG is not CD when wearing those things...

So if it is not noticeable that you are CD - are you CD or not?
Maybe you are just a musician?

Angie G
03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Only when I'm out and about. At home it's all the way girl.:hugs:
Angie

Jodi Anne
03-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Due to this forum my confidence has sored through the roof. I go out most of the time now as 3/4 female, I wear black jeans , black Harley T-shirt, bra, earrings, 3" heels, womens watch and my nails as in my avatar but this week I went with yellow.
I really do not like wigs, even so I have 2 good ones, so I just go out in my short hair hoping it grows faster (about 3" now). I get a few looks but most people do not care, I figure if I can not take it now I will not be able to after transition.

Xandra
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM
I get away with black women's t-shirts, an ever-so-subtle shade of lipstick and panties. Have never been out fully-dressed.

Alexandra xx

Lacey New
03-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Does underdressing count? If so, yes, I have never gon out fully en femme (someday I'd love to do a ful transformation) but whenever I get a chance, I will go out underdressed. Panties for sure but in cool or cold weather where I can wear a jacket and / or sweat shirt I will wear bra, cami and pantyhose or garter belt and stockings.

joan47
03-19-2013, 06:40 AM
I try to dress 100% in girls clothes when in male mode. I wear a pink baseball cap, have thin arched eyebrows, long arylic nails, ear rings, necklace, wear light make-up and usually wear tight junior stretch skinny jeans, or leggings or yoga pants

Diversity
03-19-2013, 06:41 AM
I am still trying to gain more yardage in this department. Currently I go out in panties, 24/7. Stockings and/or pantyhose depending on the weather. Femme jeans - I am increasing this, but I find the small pockets annoying, I must say. Sometimes a blouse (not too feminine and sometimes mascara. Oh, also,sometimes ladies sandals. Not too far, I realize, but I am getting there. Have fun!
Di

linda allen
03-19-2013, 08:33 AM
That's me exactly. By the way, EVERYONE will notice a guy wearing some kind of female clothing, even if it is supposedly "androgynous." Just ask yourself, would YOU notice a guy wearing skinny jeans? Ballet slippers? Silk blouse? Of course you would! Now, do you have to care? No. Just don't expect to slip under the radar.

Well, I wear women's panties and I don't think anyone notices. I wear women's jeans but not the "skinny" type or the decorated ones, just plain boot cut women's jeans. Since I'm pretty slender in the legs and thighs, they are not as baggy on me as men's jeans. People who know me well and would comment have never said anything and my wife approves so I think I'm safe.

For the rest of your statement, I agree 100%. And I've never understood that "androgynous" thing. You are one or the other.

NV Susan
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
I mix it up all the time. All my jeans and slacks are female. I am underdressed in some form always, and I wear mostly female shoes.

I try to not make it too girly when presenting male mode, but I do have fun with dressing!!! :battingeyelashes:

Stephanie47
03-19-2013, 04:38 PM
I find this thread interesting, at least the responses. Firstly, I do not own a pair of girl jeans, capri/pedal pushers, female cut trousers, manly girl shoes. It's only dresses, slips, heels and hosiery along with bra and panty.

With the exception of women working in the war industries during World War II it was socially and many times legally unacceptable for women to wear pants. As the world became more enlightened or progressive, styles started to co opt male clothing. IMHO it was a successful attempt by women to avoid cross dressing in men's wear by creating feminine looking men's wear. Now, cross dressers are flocking to women's wear that was originally designed to infringe upon a male domain?

I can readily understand younger cross dressers who have grown up seeing women wearing feminine man clothing wanting to wear feminine man clothing, but, having grown up in a time when all women wore dresses or skirts and blouses, it really seems foreign to me.

FelicityMay
03-19-2013, 10:34 PM
I think that half dressing can feel less stressful than going 100% in a way.

If you are going about your day, wearing womens jeans/shoes/tops etc, but still have a guy face, you have the impression of "I'm just wearing these clothes because i like them"
But if you put on make up and a wig and try to pass, anyone who can tell you are a guy gets the impression of "I'm trying to look like a girl"

so maybe it would seem strange for an obvious male to be out in some drag, but if anyone asks, you simply just say "i just like how it feels/looks". where as if someone asks you why you are trying to look like a girl, with all the accessories, you might have a little more of an awkward response...

anyways, thats my thoughts

Alison_Mathers
03-19-2013, 11:16 PM
I agree with you Felicity. While I enjoy going 100% (as much as I can), going half dressed makes me feel more complete.

FYI - Just moved from UT about 2 years ago. Miss the mountain. :(

donnatracey
03-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Excellent pt, FelicityMay...def less stress for me. Wear girl jeans (denim shorts in summer) on a regular basis and have no problems. Often add my black fem loafers because they are comfy and fairly non-descript. And yes, I can get away with eye makeup behind my glasses too.....:battingeyelashes: Nude lipstick also works fine in place of chapstick.

Loni
03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
other than for work (company policy of clothing) i only own lady,s clothing even for guy mode.
i have only heard one comment it was from a mid forties lady about is that guy wearing girls jeans, i was in the dress section of penny's that day.

but i do try and not look too lady like when out in guy mode. skinny jeans (not to tight), sneakers, simple top.

Loni

NicoleScott
03-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Do I half-dress?
Yes, my skirts are half as long as they probably should be. haha
As for partial dressing, it's all or nothing for me.

FelicityMay
03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
well i went out for the first time in some womens clothing...
went to work with a girls size shirt, it stood out a little, but only got a couple laughs from friends.
i love the way they fit and feel better than mens shirts!

Jamie001
03-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Wearing some male clothing and some female clothing is not blending, it's mixing. You can expect disapproving looks and smirks from the general population. Don't complain. What did you expect? Most folks won't say anything. Just trying to be polite. Others will openly deride you because they're ignorant and stupid.

My situation in life allows me to dress whenever and wherever I like. No need to underdress or try stealth mode. When I dress, I want to look and feel like a classy woman, when not, a classy gentleman will do.

When I dress, which is all of the time when not at work, I present as a feminine male mixing male and female items - very much like the opposite of a Tomboy. I always feel like a very classy feminine male. I get a lot of compliments from women. I don't experiences the disapproving looks and smirks that you mentioned, maybe because I'm not attempting to deceive folks into thinking that I am a woman. I am simply a feminine male and folks seem to be able to comprehend that.

jjjjohanne
03-22-2013, 06:00 AM
I used to go out in shorts and pantyhose. Sometimes with plain ladies' flats. Sometimes with ladies' top and shorts. Normally, no one noticed anything unusual. A few times, I had outings where I wore womans pants. Then, I felt totally invisible. I didn't expect anyone to notice. I even flew this way once. (Boy were my arms tired! --rimshot). At one point, two airline employees noticed while I was at the gate. I overheard them talking. Recently, however, I go out in a skirt and either a blouse or a man's shirt. I present male. I don't think I am flying under the radar anymore, but no one reacts. I have flown this way. I have gone shopping this way. I have even volunteered this way once, but I didn't have to interact with the public. People see what I am wearing and they will take a look, but then they try not to stare and they treat me with respect. I try to avoid less civilized people because I fear they will make a scene. But when I am wearing a skirt in public as a man, I don't know what difference a scene will make! I don't get myself!! :)

EllenJo
03-22-2013, 06:36 AM
I have underdressed for years, panties, pantyhose and cami's on a daily basis. I have on rare occasions worn a nice conservative blouse or sweater out in public without any one seeming to notice but never to work. Other than that I have never felt the need for anything else. Maybe someday I will want to go further but am happy being Ellen Jo at home.

sfwarbonnet
03-30-2013, 12:00 PM
I have found that the following women’s clothes are suitable for underdressing.

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than either women's ormen’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice is even OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on pants.

4) Bra: This is generally not considered an adrogynous item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose or thigh highs are OK and are more available.

6) Purse: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse.

Anne Allena
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Surely Jennifer,

All will identify us as a bit typical... but we all have some velvette softness or some dezires to express our tender feelings that often leads us to half-dressing or under-dressing or full-crossdressing. So i acknowledge that everyone will know my fact, but i wont stop for their remarks. Who are they making such remarks?? would they feed me bread twice a day?? Obviously not!! Then why to care for them?? Let us go with our soul and our emotions.

Asp
03-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Well, I'm starting to venture past the front door. I usually go out in girls jeans, shirt, panties, and shoes. Once in a while, I'll wear a bra if I'm wearing something baggy. I use eyeliner and mascara. That's pretty border line. One of these days I'm gonna go out fully fully dressed.

Jenniferathome
03-30-2013, 07:50 PM
I do, right up to about 50% of getting ready.

Vickie_CDTV
03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
For me, it is all about the skirt (or dress.) If I really could wear a skirt en drab, I would, otherwise to me a pair of pants is a pair of pants (and I am not a big fan of pants to begin with.)

MaryAnn40c
03-31-2013, 01:47 AM
I wear only ladies jeans 24/7 work in the oilpatch....in the summer I wear ladies shorts and shirts ...sooo go for it!
From time to time I do wear a bra and a lot of the time nylons or tights.

Georgie
03-31-2013, 04:10 AM
when in guy mode I wear mostly girl clothes, jeans, t-shirts, panties that kinda thing :)

tall2826
03-31-2013, 04:36 AM
I just wear underwear and shirts when I go out and I add a skirt or some shorts when I get back home.

annecwesley
03-31-2013, 05:50 AM
For me, it is all about the skirt (or dress.) If I really could wear a skirt en drab, I would, otherwise to me a pair of pants is a pair of pants (and I am not a big fan of pants to begin with.)

Sometimes I literally half dress - the lower half, I wear a skirt and well concealed feminine underclothes in drab. More and more so in fact. The right style does not draw a lot of attention though "the right style" is not as feminine as one might wish. Nevertheless it does allow one to enjoy the "swish" and tactile joy of satin and nylon. As for woman's jeans? I'm one of those who finds a certain incongruity about wearing a woman's article of clothing patterned after a man's article of clothing – it does nothing for me.

I will and do wear whatever I feel like, whenever I like,oin or outside. (Of course skirts are a male no no, but that is about it). Just comfy is what matters.

Skirts on a man are becoming less of a no-no. Not only do I occasionally wear a skirt in public, I've seen other men in skirts (and not just the kilt) out and about.

jamiemarion
04-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Yes I "underdress" It's a necessity a good deal of the time, because I'm not going out with other CD's from a CD Group like I did many years ago. Unfortunately, I couldn't pass now even if I tried. (Couldn't then either!)

But it's a pleasurable necessity. I love the feeling of being "secretly" feminine. My outerwear can be either men's or ladies' jeans - I prefer ladies' but it's not all that important. And sometimes one can get by with a "unisex" woman's shirt or sweatshirt. But it's the lingerie that counts when one's out in public.

Wearing a bra (with not too prominent breast inserts - ones large enough to feel my bra is not unfemininely flat, but not so large that the casual passerby will notice) is important. A pretty camisole feels great but doesn't have to show anymore than my bra. Most important for me is wearing a firm control panty brief. The firm constriction of shapewear reminds me every moment that I'm wearing a woman's undergarment. But because shapewear is rather utilitarian and not especially feminine, I always wear the daintiest panties over it. So I get the best of both worlds - the firmness of shapewear and the delicious consciousness of wearing soft yellow nylon lace-trimmed (full brief style) panties. And no passersby needs to know anything about it!

Now it is true that women are much more observant than men. A woman may well notice that I have a suspiciously prominent chest and guess that I'm wearing a padded bra. But I don't care if a woman notices - I only want men not to notice. I'm actually glad when a woman seems to notice. If she's alone I may even stop for the briefest second before passing her and say "Yes, you're right. I'm a man who likes to wear women's clothes!" And then I walk slowly away and imagine what she's thinking.

Jennifer in CO
04-01-2013, 09:26 AM
I've shared this many times before, but I wear womens clothes everyday in male mode. The key is to wear things that will go totally unnoticed to the casual eye, mostly unnoticed to the inspection, and uncaring to the "trained observer". The key (to me) is I keep to the muted and "typically male" dark colors. With only one exception all my slacks/pants are black. I do have one pair of slacks that are a light tan/khaki, but again the key is to stick to "male" colors. If the cut of the blouse is blatantly feminine (but I want to wear it anyway), I try to hide it with a wind-breaker or a jacket of some kind. The one thing you can't hide, so I do my best with, is to buy tops/blouses that minimize the focus on the buttons being on the wrong side. Henleys and polos are pretty obvious, but again with a dark color and buttons that are the same color as the shirt (not white as so many tend to be) they pretty much go unnoticed.

One other thing, wear it like you own it....confidence is everything

Annaliese
04-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Wear girl jeans every day, and In the winter girl sweaters, with a little make up. Want to get a pair a cowgirl boots, the ones I want are $300

Asche
04-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Sometimes I literally half dress - the lower half, I wear a skirt and well concealed feminine underclothes in drab. More and more so in fact. The right style does not draw a lot of attention though "the right style" is not as feminine as one might wish. Nevertheless it does allow one to enjoy the "swish" and tactile joy of satin and nylon. As for woman's jeans? I'm one of those who finds a certain incongruity about wearing a woman's article of clothing patterned after a man's article of clothing – it does nothing for me.

Skirts on a man are becoming less of a no-no. Not only do I occasionally wear a skirt in public, I've seen other men in skirts (and not just the kilt) out and about.
This pretty much describes my normal style (when I'm not at work.) Given my body shape and lack of hair, it would be a stretch for me to appear "feminine" regardless of what I wear. But it makes me happy, and that's all I care about.

I agree about "women's jeans." From my point of view, they're just trousers, except they fit (even) worse than the ones from the men's aisle. But then, the "look at me! I'm wearing girl's clothes!" shtick has never appealed to me, anyway.

And, yes, I go out in a skirt all the time and have not had any problem. (I don't live in a particularly socially conservative part of the USA, though.)

Vanessa5
04-01-2013, 06:07 PM
I am always underdressed. I have also found womens jeans to be more comfortable at work. When it gets cold I put on pantyhose or tights underneath. I have done this for years now and nobody really notices. I have started wearing camis under my shirt and it feels right.

SharonDD
04-01-2013, 09:48 PM
When driving almost always have on my favorite lipstick even in male mode. A bra and inserts every night with girly sleep pants an a t-shirt 3 sizes to big. wear polish on my toes, shaved arm pits and legs. some makeup privately. and anything else i can get away with.

Lynnmorgan451
04-01-2013, 09:59 PM
My favorite thing to wear is a camisole under whatever shirt I'm wearing. I also try to get away with the cutest panties possible, which goes totally unnoticed until I get home, then I fail the inspection process. The camis are great for concealing breast growth too. If you're on hormones and you don't want anyone to notice, I definitely recommend wearing a cami. I try to get away with wearing cute purple or pink argyle socks but I get in trouble with those, not in public cuz no one notices, but again when I get home.

sfwarbonnet
04-12-2013, 10:33 AM
I am currently wearing panties, bra, thigh-highs, short slip, sweatshirt, and women's pull-on pants (without a mock fly). This is my customary attire both at home and out in public. Although my wife has bought me panties and nylons, and I don't think the bra is noticable under the shirt and slip, I usually don't wear a bra when I'm with my wife as she (currently) objects to my wearing it although it keeps the straps of the slip on my shoulders. When I'm with family I often wear womens trouser socks, as they're less likely to be noticed than nylons.

Sierra228
04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
I under dress all the time I have never thought about half dressing. That is a great idea. I love getting fully dressed but I usually have a beard and people notice when I shave and I know I always have a bad answer for them.

linda allen
04-12-2013, 02:40 PM
I was thinking about this recently, I'm trying to figure out what I could start wearing in public, which is something I've not really tried yet. I hadn't really considered half dressing.

I think jeans and a t-shirt sounds like a more comfortable way to start. Do most people wear a bra and breasts forms with this?

If you wear a bra and forms in public, you might as well wear whatever else you have. Breasts are the number one identifier of a female.

Now if you don't want to be stared at you can wear women's jeans in male mode. Just buy either blue or black denim and ones with little or no decoration on the pockets. I wear only women's jeans because they fit me better. I might be wearing panties (I do unless I'm going to the doctor), but nobody can see them. I often wear a bra but without forms and only under a shirt that will hide it. I don't wear a bra if I think people will be hugging me.

I under dress all the time I have never thought about half dressing. That is a great idea. I love getting fully dressed but I usually have a beard and people notice when I shave and I know I always have a bad answer for them.
Why do you wear a beard if you are a crossdresser? Shave it off and leave it off. You don't nead a reason, but you can just say you got tired of it.

sfwarbonnet
05-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I almost always wear women’s pull-on pants, panties, a short slip, and thigh-highs or women’s trouser socks. My thigh-highs are sheer black or suntan, and the trouser socks are knee-highs and are black opaque. I would prefer thigh-highs in black opaque, as sheer nylons could be noted as women’s hose although my wife says no one would notice. Wearing a bra does make it less likely for the narrow, non-adjustable straps on the slip to fall off my shoulders, although the slip is a better undershirt than male cotton ones and hides pantly (and pantyhose) tops. I don’t wear a bra in public or with family, especially if hugging is likely.

Dawn cd
05-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Contrary to what Lynn Marie says, you can get away with a lot of female touches while in male mode. Just don't wear things that are flowery, ruffley, etc. Today I went shopping in side-zip black slacks, a short-sleeved sweater that zips up the back (topped by a male windbreaker), woman's flats, a shoulder bag (since the slacks have no pockets), woman's cologne and light lipstick. Nobody snickered. Nobody noticed.

When dressing, you have to gauge the effect carefully. If one clue becomes very obvious, suddenly people will see all the clues. It's a challenge to fly under the radar but come very close to it.

Aly Cat
05-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Believe it or not, this is my specialty. I love mixing up male and female clothing to make what I call "crossover" outfits. I have my own site on Polyvore that I use to promote my crossover outfits. You guys are more than welcome to check them out if you want. www.khelek.polyvore.com Its basically a hobby that I would love to turn into something more if I ever get the chance. Between staying active on this site and making outfits on that site, it is my release. I cant dress en femme just due to my circumstances so these two sites are my only form of release. I live vicariously through you ladies and the outfits I make :)

Alex
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
I haven't owned a pair of men's jeans in 10 years. I mix in other pieces whenever I can and feel like it. I recently told a friend I was a crossdresser, he was supportive but said he was a bit surprised because he thought I was the manliest guy he knew! I guess I can't be too obvious or strange looking when I mix it up!

Other things that mix well are some jackets, not too flared dress pants, knee length fitted shorts, tunics (my fav to mix) and casual bags. I have a purse that is made out of army surplus materials. It's pretty cute as a purse, but military and rugged enough looking to pass for a "man-bag".

Tracii G
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
I wear cami's under a Tshirt a lot and none of my close friends has ever said a word.
The other day I went to a BBQ place I used to go to everyday on the way to work and the waitress gave me a hug, she was felt the straps and smiled at me.
I said you just gave me a hug to feel my straps huh? She giggled and said yeah I just had to find out if it was a bra or a cami.LOL
I wear ladies short jackets all the time in fall and spring and always get compliments from guys and girls.I do think the jackets are a good way to mix gender items in guy mode.
People do assume I'm a rocker of some sort because I do mix gender clothing items a lot so it seems to be more acceptable.

Sharon B.
05-06-2013, 12:18 PM
When I have the time and I am headed to the grocery store I will be under-dressed as a woman from panties, pantyhose and a all-in-one body brief with woman's jeans men's top or sweatshirt with some perfume sprayed on. I will also apply some light makeup when I have on my prescription sunglasses. In summer I carry my men's wallet in the jeans, in the winter I will have a men's coat and will carry my woman's billfold in my coat.

KatieV
05-06-2013, 12:46 PM
You will be pleasantly surprised that hardly anyone will notice girl's shirts,tees and jeans, - every now and then another girl will catch it.
Have fun out and about!

Cheers,

Kay

Kelley
05-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes I mix it up a bit

LovelyLeesa
05-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I still only dress fully in private. I do under dress to go out and run errands etc. As it is finally warming up here I realized that I would be having to eliminate the pantyhose and stockings from my under wardrobe. I was out shopping today with panties, bra and stockings. It was great!

FelicityMay
05-10-2013, 09:42 AM
wow Eva! that gives me some good ideas!
I have been wanting to go out en femme a lot more now, but don't want to go through to trouble of makeup and wig. just feel like dressing.
And it looks like you have managed to make it look pretty good! I need to work on that

cdgirl007
05-10-2013, 02:45 PM
I wear AE jeans every day and soft girl shirts that would you have to own one to know its a girl shirt. Nobody seems to notice.

You will be pleasantly surprised that hardly anyone will notice girl's shirts,tees and jeans, - every now and then another girl will catch it.
Have fun out and about!

Cheers,

Kay

Aly Cat
05-10-2013, 09:30 PM
wow Eva! that gives me some good ideas!
I have been wanting to go out en femme a lot more now, but don't want to go through to trouble of makeup and wig. just feel like dressing.
And it looks like you have managed to make it look pretty good! I need to work on that

I'm glad you like the outfits! Keep checking back on it because I am trying to add new outfits at least one every other day or so. If you lose this thread, my site is listed in my profile.

Lainie
05-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Lingerie always--lots of bras won't show under men's shirts, especially with sweater or sport coat. On weekends, women's trainers & cotton or nylon socks; women's jeans; often women's polo shirts, even when I'm getting dressed at the gym. Also have some blouses that look mannish except for girl-side buttons. Often go out fully en femme & no one notices.

prene
05-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I wear gg jeans all the time. Not the fancy thin jeans ( I wish) but like levis 529's.
I sometimes wear a nice cami under my male shirts.

Always panties and such and a waist cincher if I can.

It keeps me a little grounded

dreamer_2.0
05-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I sometimes try to incorporate something girly into my attire when I go out to a party or clubbing. Usually it's flared jeans or a girls hoodie. I've worn boots with a small heel before too. I'd like to do more but dont have the courage to. Having said that, I did wear a lyca bodysuit under my regular suit to a job interview today. Interestingly, I felt more confident wearing it.

:)

Jaylyn
05-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes I have been know to wear the panties and sometimes hose under my dress pants. It feels good knowing that underneath is a woman but a man on the outside, it is especially a good feeling when in a group of men and visiting and knowing what I am wearing underneath.

ErinP
05-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Some shoes are casual enough. I've worn jeans and some T-shirts. Panties are a given. And hose in the winter. I absolutely love woman's socks. I've had people do the double take at socks more often than anything else. :)

heatherdress
05-10-2013, 11:05 PM
I have not partially dressed, but have thought about it and might do so. If I get dressed, I do enjoy going all the way.

What about wearing some make up? Or a short wig? Or some jewelry?

Brenn
05-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Mixing men's and women's clothes is how I dress all the time. I always wear panties and when wearing casual clothes it is usually women's shorts or jeans with pantyhose and mary-janes or ballet flats. My philosophy is that if women can have a "tomboy look" why can't men have something similar. In particular, I find my mary-janes and ballet flats more comfortable than any other shoes I own, and jeans with a little stretch are more comfortable than most men's jeans.

Rachel Morley
05-11-2013, 12:54 PM
...... how much women clothing do you blend with your male form? .... im tempted to start going out in girls t-shirts or jeans

I think that half dressing can feel less stressful than going 100% in a way. If you are going about your day, wearing womens jeans/shoes/tops etc, but still have a guy face, you have the impression of "I'm just wearing these clothes because i like them". But if you put on make up and a wig and try to pass, anyone who can tell you are a guy gets the impression of "I'm trying to look like a girl".
I'll add my 2 cents into this thread. Yes, absolutely you can wear fairly obvious women's clothes as a guy and get away with it. "Getting away with it" meaning that, depending on what you are wearing, people will notice, some won't but no one is going to give you a hard time about it. That's to say, that what my experience has been over the years. Typically, my "girly boy mode" is panties and a bra underneath and a pair of girl's fitted jeans with a women's slightly fitted tee with perhaps a somewhat feminine hoodie on top. I usually wear earrings and a baseball cap too. On my feet I either wear women's tennis shoes, Women's Navy Keds, or flip flops showing my painted toenails. Ok, I see people's eyes looking me up and down all the time but no one has ever said anything or made me feel awkward. I just either ignore them or smile back at them. It's your life, do want you want to do. It's all legal and we live in a free country :)

CherylFlint
05-23-2013, 02:12 AM
Never. I dress to be Cheryl and Cheryl doesn't do anything by halfs.

felicity84
05-23-2013, 04:49 AM
here is the category that i fall into. since i don't really have a fem mode and i ditched my full male mode years ago i'm pretty much a "girly man" or "manly girl." with that i will normally wear a tshirt with a knee length denim skirt, girl jeans with a t shirt, granted the only thing girly about them is the fit. i also wear women's cardigans with otherwise male clothes and occasionally a woman's top with men's jeans. I quite often will wear a dress with combat boots. it looks better than it sound. all of the above outfits include no bras no wigs or no makeup, I am unmistakably male. i rarely get questions and have always been treated with respect barring a couple instances. so in my opinion genderblend your wardrobe however you can. it's whats been working for me.

Darla Jean
05-23-2013, 05:35 AM
Like most of us, I often 1/2 dress - love panties & pantyhose (when cooler). I used to worry that folks would recognize the pantyhose as my pants leg pulled up or if I bent over. Now I don't care - part of the fun is the potential recognition. But above all I try to wear a bra - just makes me feel good. If I can only wear one article of feminine clothing it's my bra. I've gotten looks adjusting my bra straps or being seen through my shirt - always fun!

charla42
05-23-2013, 05:58 AM
From the neck down just about all my clothing these days is girly (no skirts or dresses) unless I am attending a support group meeting. Have alovely day. Charla

Ina Girdle
05-23-2013, 06:00 PM
It's all about under-dressing for me. Just started to build my wardrobe. Bra (with breast-forms at home) and Girdle, underneath. Now that summer is coming will most likely switch to just lovely nylon full cut brief panties under my khakis & golf shirt and a delicate bra (no forms) when I can get away with it. Ina