PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming photo day.

Mikaylagirl
03-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Finally. After such a long wait. This Friday my gg/gf (who recently took her photography hobby more seriously),will be taking pics of me. She recently asked if she could shoot me as my male alter ego and I agreed and she offered to do a session with me as Mikayla. Soooo happy as I really want some new pics. Ive changed so much since my profile pic. I wear a wig now because if my career I don't have my natural long hair anymore. Also since my profile pic I seemed to have jumped head first into the world of tattoos. Which I find to be very difficult to cover while en femme. Because I'm not "out" I do my best to conceal my tattoo's even when I do self pics. What bothers me is I'm a retired musician and very well known in these parts. Yes...even known by my ink due to what some of them are and the locations. I'm getting to the point where I almost don't care anymore. So ill have to see the results of my upcoming pics. Going to be a huge difference from the pic you all see now. Can wait! Change is good!

Beverley Sims
03-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Do not give up on the makeup of your body, what I have seen it is very successful.
Being well known the exposure to the public is greater. Maybe you could come out on stage with a gimmick type of routine and do your conversion and coming out like that.

linda allen
03-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Well she (or you) can get rid of the tattoos in the photos by retouching, but why do you have them in the first place if it makes it difficult to crossdress?

Mikaylagirl
03-18-2013, 10:56 AM
I have the tattoos because I was a musician for most of my life. It was par for course and very addicting. Up until recently I never placed thought if tattoo location because I never desired to come "out".
It is eventually not going to matter to me. All my tattoos are very easy to live with. I don't have any bleeding skulls or anything nasty. All very artistic. Besides...I see gorgeous gg models all the time sporting tattoos. So why not?
For some of the pic I might re touch the pics to see what I look like without the tattoos. We'll see.

kimdl93
03-18-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm sure it will be an interesting experience. Glad your gf is interested in doing the photoshoot!

linda allen
03-19-2013, 08:57 AM
I have the tattoos because I was a musician for most of my life. It was par for course and very addicting..............

I too was a musician for most of my life and I have no tattoos. I guess it was a different kind of music.

Mikaylagirl
03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I was in a variety of great bands over 23 years. In order from my beginning days to my retirement. Punk,heavy metal,hardcore,rock,melodic rock,blues,rockabilly and soul.
I started like most rebellious teens. In a garage punk band. Although my first band was a surf punk band. All the while I was taking private advanced blues lessons on bass (electric,acoustic,standup 4,6 & 12 string),guitar (electric,acoustic,steel,slide 6 & 12 string) and piano (classical & jazz).
I dove head first into deep musical theory studied it for most of my career. I learned to read,write and compose blues and rock by the time I was 25. It was the punk,rock and metal band lifestyle that got me into tattoo's. As I got more mature,my tattoo's became more mature in thought.
I don't regret my tattoo's at all. I think I might start dressing more rock chick to blend better. Of course my gg/gf came up with that one. :>)

Tara D. Rose
03-21-2013, 01:45 PM
That's great Mikaylagirl, that you're going to be making some new and current photos. I like your current one very much so myself. And it's awesome that you are such a great and talented musician too. Don't worry about the tats, for like you said, a punk rock chick would look great. You seem to really know what you're doing. So, on the pics, please don't keep us waiting too long.
Tara

mikiSJ
03-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Don't worry about the tats, for like you said, a punk rock chick would look great.In her 20s - sure; in her 30s - maybe; in her 40+s - not a chance.

I played rhythm guitar in a "Byrds-like" band while I was in the Navy in the mid/late '60s- NO TATTS. Now I worry about varicose veins on my arms and legs.