PDA

View Full Version : For FtM CDer's Is it always Levis and sweatshirt?

emmicd
12-11-2005, 03:51 AM
Do girls who prefer dressing in masculine style clothes such as Levis and sweatshirts ever enjoy wearing a pretty outfit like a floral print dress or that popular "LBD" for those special occasions.

Also if you go to the beach wouldn't you prefer wearing a pretty one piece or bikini rather than guys boxer shorts and a polo sirt?

emmi

Abraxas
12-11-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't do pretty. Never have.
Special occasions, to me, call for a suit or tuxedo. I am not all about jeans and sweatshirts though-- I wear jeans a lot, but almost never sweatshirts. I wear dress shirts usually, or a nice black jumper (sweater) or something like that. Casual dressy, usually.
On the beach? Surf shorts and a surf shirt. Same with swimming at the pool or whatever. If I don't wear the surf shirt, it's a sport bra.

Why would we prefer anything pretty?

CaptLex
12-12-2005, 10:36 AM
As Abraxas says, the object here is not "pretty". I like to look nice, so if I dress up for some occasion, it's a suit and tie and have also worn a tux - they're so classy. :thumbsup:

When I dress down, I do like my jeans, but I don't own any sweatshirts either (although I have a ton of T-shirts). I usually wear the jeans with a nice shirt or v-neck sweater, and my boots. I have a lot of shirts, some vests, some ties and quite a few suits. :cool:

In the summer I wear shorts and T-shirts a lot. At the beach I usually wear as little as possible for maximum sun exposure, but a two-piece is not something I'm comfortable in - especially if it has flowers or some feminine print. :eek:

So no, pretty doesn't do it for me - I prefer masculine chic. :D

emmicd
12-13-2005, 11:13 PM
I only wear mens clothes in public. In private is when I try on some womens clothes and it's not that often.

I just like the change of pace and the softer feel. I am perfectly content as a male but do like when I can dress as a girl even if its seldom and when I'm alone.

emmi

staroflilith
12-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I don't mind wearing female clothes. Unfortunately, I am very pretty as a girl, and evidently quite unattractive as a guy. I am pretty popular and have quite a few friends, all of whom think I am crazy not to want to "dress up" I guess it doesn't bother me at this point, but the best times are when I can dress up and be Johnny and go out by myself, or in my house. So, no I don't mind "pretty" clothes. I just think its nice to switch, and I wish I would have been born without having to.

Gabriel
12-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Agree with most of the previous replies. :cool:
Tough jeans (not the trendy-blue), avoids sweatshirts (unless for playing basketball), cotton overcoat, long sleeve oldnavy shirts, ... one shall have a very hard time convincing me to wear even a different color than what I prefer, let alone different types of clothing... and gosh when can I look like "a businessman" again?! Hopefully soon. :D

Welcome staroflilith, and Merry Christmas everyone!