PDA

View Full Version : What the SA said and what my wife did!

shayleetv
03-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Last saturday my wife wanted to get some make up at Dillard's at the Clinique counter. After that we had some time to kill before an afternoon appointment. So we went to see what was available on clearance in women's wear. My wife found some things she liked and had me carrying them for her so she could look at more things. That is when the SA came up to me, not her and said "Do you want me to start a room for you?" I knew what she intended to say but I love to tease, Just then my wife jabbed me in the ribs and said to the SA "Yes, thank you, that would be nice." the SA saw the not so subtle nudge my wife gave me and tried to clarify what she meant. She really put her foot in her mouth then and got it all muddled up. I started to laugh and she said laughingly "Oh you'll have to go to men's wear to try anything on." I was close to her at the time and gave her the clothes to start my wife's room. I told her they wouldn't fit me anyway - wrong size. While I waited outside the dressing room the SA apologized to me and I told her that she gave something to smile about all day long and no apology need.:battingeyelashes:

Just a foot note about shopping. We didn't look for anything fem for me because I have more clothes than I have time to wear them.:heehee:

AngieStone
03-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Shay that is a really cute story thanks for sharing it with us. I have found so far that most of the SA are very professional and lighthearted about this things.

Stevie
03-18-2013, 05:27 PM
That's cool you that sa thinking

~Joanne~
03-18-2013, 07:02 PM
The best way to handle mishaps is to roll with it and it sounds like you rolled well :) I have had comments like that while out with my SO, more to the SA being a smart ass till I reply in the same manner lol I also am in the same boat as you when it comes to clothes, too many things, not enough time, and no where to go when I do ;) Thanks for sharing this lite hearted adventure, it brought a smile to my face :)

Beverley Sims
03-19-2013, 03:51 AM
Shaylee,
Apart from the fun you had with the SA's crossed wires I do like your last line.
I think that applies to a lot of us
I think it should be your signature line.

"I have more clothes than I have time to wear them."

Ms. Laura
03-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Very funny story. I just have one problem. You never have too many outfits, regardless of time!

It's like that country song goes, too much money, or a car too fast.

:)

Diversity
03-19-2013, 06:36 AM
You and your wife took the high road. The SA in my opinion was out of order. Congratulations to you and your wife, Shaleetv.
Di

celeste26
03-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Well in the high fashion scene it seems no one wears their dresses more than once anyway. Afterwards they consign them or offer them to charity. So in that sense you never have enough to wear.

Annaliese
03-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Great story, would have love to have seen the SA face.

shayleetv
03-20-2013, 12:05 AM
That SA was really sweet and we all had a good time over the situation. I have shopped alone for my wife on many occasion and have had SA's say things to me like "Are you in the right area because nothing here would fit you? to: Would you like to try that on?" I am never mean or abrupt to anyone who is trying to be helpful. Every situation is always eased with humor. It might be harder to deflect if some of those questions if my wife wasn't a size 8.

I suffer from depression and when I see Shaylee's closet with all those clothes that I have acquired I really get despondent. I want to dress but time restraints and personal commitments just are in the way. And the other thing that makes it hard is I like to dress up with my wife, it's our girly time together. Her life right now is just as busy as mine and we can't find time to play together. Very sad.