PDA

View Full Version : Shaving - outed by GG coworker - funny story

JUSTME
03-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I was on a business trip to sunny South Florida with two of my GG coworkers. We had a few hours to kill so we decided to relax on the beach and soak up some sunshine. I needed it badly, especially on my legs. It was getting close to the agreed meeting time and I contemplated not going, wearing pants, out of fear of their reaction to my bare legs. I finally said, screw it! I went down to the beach, sat next to them, and it took about 5 minutes for the question to pop. "Do you shave your legs or are you naturally hairless?" Having prepared for this I quickly replied, "No, shaving is for girls, I epilate."

I was shocked that two 40 something GG's did not know what an epilator was. I explained how it works and that it doesn't hurt but does get annoying....Then the greatest question I have heard in a while.... "Does it work?" I responded, "Look and you tell me!"

The conversation quickly moved on to other topics. However, I could see them glancing down at my legs from time to time.

What a great trip! Had to share..

Angela Campbell
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM
It won't be funny when one of then tries an epilator and finds out it hurts like hell the first time. Let us know if that happens. LOL

Being Paige
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Doesn't hurt, well maybe there are less painfull parts on the body then others but some of those places hurt like crazy!

RADER
03-19-2013, 06:30 PM
I bet you left them scratching their heads. I love to leave them wondering.
Rader

Jorja
03-19-2013, 10:34 PM
You know the old saying, if you can't baffle them with brains, baffle them with bullSh#$ or at least leave them wondering what just happened.

Eryn
03-19-2013, 11:02 PM
..."No, shaving is for girls, I epilate."...

Great line! :)

AllieSF
03-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Love your response and conversation. I just hope I can do that when the opportunity arises. Thanks for sharing.

Beverley Sims
03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Mine were singed off in a wild fire.
No other problems or scars.
When I am asked about my legs, which is rarely, I just say they got singed in a fire and never grew back.
That really mixes them up especially if they meet me at a party dressed.

Maria S
03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
When I worked coworkers would have had zero interest in the hairs on my legs.

Maria

Kate Simmons
03-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Now we know how a woman feels when our eyes keep moving back to her bust.:)

cathie pantyhose
03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I've had that same thing happen to me so often it no longer phases me. My boss who knew I was an avid cyclist, asked me why cyclists shaved their legs, I told him to make our wives jealous because our legs smooth were usually better than theirs. He laughed. Creepy part was during the summer months when my legs were crazy tan from riding so much, I'd catch him looking at my legs almost all the time.

Kelli<3
03-20-2013, 01:41 PM
According to my wife she told her friend and her sister that I epilate my legs and neither of them knew what an epilator was. According to her neither of them made any negative comments about it. I still haven't been in public with smooth legs. I'm not sure I can stop epilating now, I hate hairy legs.

~Joanne~
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I have only been asked once by a co-worker (GG) if I shaved my legs and after I asked her "why, are you checking me out?" the subject got dropped quickly. I have had my legs shave and smooth now for over two years and never plan on going back. It doesn't surprise me in the least that they didn't know what an epilator was, there are quite a few things they have no clue about lol You can tell by the pajama bottoms and flip flops ;)

Allison Chaynes
03-20-2013, 04:17 PM
I like telling women "HEY! I'm up here!" and pointing to my face. :)