PDA

View Full Version : Clothes - A few inquirires

Mermaid
03-19-2013, 08:07 PM
I was wondering for all of you CDers, or GG/SO with CDing partners...

Do you prefer buying your own clothes or do you wear your SO's clothes? Or both?

Does your SO help you with picking out clothes?

STACY B
03-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Good Lord NO !! My wife don't go for that you wear it you keep it ,, You got your stuff an I got mine ,,,She is a stickler about her clothes !!!

Jenniferathome
03-19-2013, 08:15 PM
My wife and I can share some things but as I am larger than her, it's more she borrowing mine. She likes some of my style choices and I like some of hers. We each prefer buying for ourselves and then sharing if we like something.

I always ask my wife her opinion about clothes that I buy because I like her style.

FelicityMay
03-19-2013, 08:15 PM
i find it too weird to wear my moms or sisters clothes... so i buy my own, although i am really new to shopping for womens clothes so im not very good lol

Mermaid
03-19-2013, 08:16 PM
My husband wears mine. He says it was easier to hide that way. I don't mind, we wear the same type and size so it works out..more for us both :) However he looks better in some of it than I do :(

Alexisninsar
03-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Most everything I have I've bought. There are several items that we do share, as well as I have some hand me down. My wife does help me at time with shopping.

flatlander_48
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
I choose ALL my own clothes, male and female. My wife is not a participant in that regard.

BLUE ORCHID
03-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi Mermaid, I buy all my clothes and raid the box my wife makes up for Goodwill sometimes.

Being Paige
03-19-2013, 08:54 PM
I buy all of my own clothes, but have also raided the Goodwill box at times if I see anything that I like in it.

RenneB
03-19-2013, 08:57 PM
I buy all my own clothes. I'm a size M / 12 to 14 and the SO is a .... well let's just say, I can't seem to get the look I want in a size 18. But I guess that story is left for another thread....

While I really love to buy new from the store, I spend most of my time buying from the thrift stores.

Renne.....

Mistybtm
03-19-2013, 08:59 PM
I buy my own clothes, I have 2 closet and A portable closet full.

Mikaylagirl
03-19-2013, 09:22 PM
I will buy my own or my gg goes with me. I buy online and I will even go out on my own to purchase whatever I need. If I'm lingerie shopping I hit the local mall as soon as they unlock the doors. Hardly anyone there at that time of the morning and it's usually an older woman at the register that never questions. if my gg is with me,we'll go in the middle of the day and not even care who's watching,as we browse discretely.I'll find something I like and she'll hold it up to me giving me a yes or a no. When it comes time to purchase she takes it to the cashier,while Im with her. Every now and then she'll put me on the spot,ina fun way, and burst out "Honey,you're going look great in this tonight". Once in awhile some cute college girl behind the counter gives the look of "I wanna see,I wanna see". It;s actually quite funny.
Now today,this morning. I went out and stocked up on makeup myself. Eyeliner,mascara,lip gloss,lipstick,eye shadow,blush,foundation,hair clips..everything. When I get to the cashier,she only says,"shopping for your wife". I just smiled and replied that "it is my daughters 16th birthday and I snuck in her room to see what she likes to wear". Totally sold this woman on it. I did't feel any embarrassment at all. I then wnet over to Walmart and purchased thigh high stockings,a new wristlet and some cheap earrings,necklace and bracelets. Cashier didn't even look up.
My gg and I will share some things as well as we are both a size 6. We share dresses,panties and lingerie mainly.
Their are times she will show up with some nice lingerie she wnats to give to me or she purchased for me.

Roberta Marie
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
My wife and I will occaisionally borrow from each other, although we have somewhat different tastes. I usually shop for my own clothes, although I will occaisionally pick her up something if it catches my eye, and vice versa. We often ask each other's opinions while shopping. Some of my clothes I have made myself, and I have also made some clothes for my wife.

Starr
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
I have no SO so i buy my own clothes.. i enjoy shopping in fem and love trying on things to be sure they fit....

Emjay
03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
I pretty much have all of my own stuff and she has hers but there are a few tops that seem to get shared from time to time. We do go shopping together sometimes, sometimes I just go by myself.

It's funny, because we have similar taste. Usually when we're out shopping together we point out the same stuff on the racks and say in unison how nice something is or how cute it is.. :)

Jocelyn Quivers
03-19-2013, 10:16 PM
I buy and wear my own clothes. I actually prefer my own clothes and look at them as part of my identity unless my wife has a really cute outfit I must have granted I can fit into it without destroying it. My wife will "borrow" whatever outfits of mine she likes and that fit her. When shopping together she will give me her opinion on what looks good and what looks like crap mainly because she knows at some point she will end up wearing the outfit.

lingerieLiz
03-19-2013, 10:38 PM
My wife and I shop together and sometimes with her women friends. We both like shopping and buy things we like when we see it. It is interesting that often we only shop in the women's sections even when other women are with us. I've been asked what did you get and have done the show and tell. I've also had a couple of fellow shoppers say did you get that at such and such store, or I almost bought that too or I have the same blouse.

As for sharing clothes we do share some but we each have different taste and styles. We are also different sizes. It doesn't bother me that she or our daughters have worn something or have borrowed something, it is just clothes except for underwear which no one shares.

Alison_Mathers
03-19-2013, 11:20 PM
When I first started dressing, I didn't know what I liked. There were a few tops that my wife had, but she is a different size than me. Since shopping together for clothes, I have found that we have different tastes, but sometimes we have the exact taste. It was really neat when I picked out a top and she loved it. She got one in her size. Of course she gets to wear her's more often than I do, but...

Lynn Marie
03-19-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm happily unattached by choice. I buy all my own clothing and I'm learning about dressing for the season. Also learning about what actually looks good on me and sadly, what doesn't!

IngeInCO
03-19-2013, 11:34 PM
We are pretty much the same size, apart from pants, she has much longer legs. I have my own but tend to "share" hers more than she does mine. I pick my own when shopping and am a knowledgeable advisor for her...lol

Rachelakld
03-19-2013, 11:46 PM
I share with wife and 3 daughters, admittedly I'm upset when my oldest wears my clothes as she is 3 sizes bigger than me, and my tight clothes come back baggy.

JBPerry
03-20-2013, 12:14 AM
I have my own clothes due to my wife and i being on opposite sides of the size spectrum. However, we had a friend that used to live on base near us that was the same size just about as me that I would share clothes with (obviously not bras, panties and hose)

AmyGaleRT
03-20-2013, 12:42 AM
I shop for my own clothes, Mermaid, although I sometimes take suggestions and advice from my fiancee. (Her tastes and mine differ a bit. She isn't fond of fancy shoes, for instance, preferring to wear her tennis shoes on most occasions. I, on the other hand, am already making a start at being the next Imelda Marcos. :D)

I don't wear her clothes, that would be rude, and we're not always the same size in everything. However, when she bagged up a bunch of clothes for donation, she let me pick through them before hauling them off. I got a number of nice tops that way; I can wear deeper V-necks than she can.

- Amy

Cheryl T
03-20-2013, 02:43 AM
We share lots of things just like girlfriends do. What ever fits both is open to both, if you ask first of course.

Amanda M
03-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Just call me second hand Rose!. We don't share, as such but my wife will buy me the odd item, and give me some of her clothes that are getting a little big for her - she has been working hard at losing weight!

Beverley Sims
03-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I have always selected and bought my own clothes.
My wife has sometimes suggested something I could buy.
I never wear my wife's clothes we are different sizes and different fashion tastes.

Maria S
03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
I would say it is a mixture of buying my own clothes and wearing my wife's. At first I had mainly my own clothes because I was a bigger size than her. Now I have lost weight I am wearing more of hers (cheaper than buying new). Also she has put weight on so she has donated certain clothes to me. She does not help me with picking out clothes as our tastes are different. Sometimes she will buy clothes with the intention of sharing.

Maria

cathie pantyhose
03-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I have worn my wife's outfits from time to time but I prefer to own my own. Her tops are too small for my shoulders but I can wear a few pair of her jeans despite her being so tiny now. She used to wear a size 10, followed by 8 now 4-6 depending on the over priced brand.

Jenni Yumiko
03-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Buy my own, wife dresses for comfort and office appropriate whereas I work from home and am not office appropriate.
I'm too small for her stuff. That sounds wrong, she has bigger boobs and bigger hips.

Rebecca Watson
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I still wear my wife's clothes from time to time. She knows I do it and, if anything, would prefer this to me buying my own clothes. Occasionally, she's been okay with me wearing her things when she's around (e.g. sleeping in her nightgown). Practically, this doesn't work well as my wife is tiny, and there's been a few items that were irrecoverable. But, to be fair, I do buy her a lot of clothes, and the clothes that I do wear of hers, she's not so keen on wearing after having kids.

- Becky

UNDERDRESSER
03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
I would LOVE to share stuff with my GF, but sizes don't overlap that much. She wouldn't have an issue with it, and has given me several items that don't fit her properly, cycling and thermal wear mostly, but she has banned me trying on some stuff if there is a risk of stretching it.

Allison Chaynes
03-20-2013, 04:29 PM
My wife and I share occasionally, but it's more like she sees something I bought and steals it. Her stuff is too small for me. Sometimes (maybe once or twice a year) we go shopping together.

JasmineD
03-20-2013, 04:44 PM
I, have my own clothes, me and my wife are different size and also different test. We mostly shopped together and exchange ideas with each other, but she likes hip and sporty stuff where as I like more elegant and more feminine clothing’s. Size wise On the top I am larger than her and in no way fit into her clothes. However, occasionally it's possible to share a skirt except that she hardly wears a skirt!!!

StarrOfDelite
03-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Can we include makeup? I've been divorced for a long time, and my Ex is like 5-6, 170, and 36-DD, with short, muscular calves and thighs, and I'm like 5-11, 150, 38-B (weightlifting pects), and have long bony legs. So, although I cannot say I wouldn't have worn her stuff if it fit, it was such a physical mismatch it was laughable to even consider. Now, makeup, on the other hand: I used to play with her makeup boxes by the hour.

giuseppina
03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Hello Mermaid

I wouldn't think of handling my (currently imaginary) SO's clothing beyond laundering. To me, that is a privacy violation.

Miriam-J
03-20-2013, 08:22 PM
For decades I dressed just in the odd nightgown around the house. Once I started dressing more fully (five years ago), I selected and purchased nearly all my clothes on the web. Shortly after that I met the woman who is now my wife and told her. Since then most of my purchases have been items handed down from her (she lost a lot of weight) or purchased together - often at Goodwill stores. Shopping together, for her and for me (guys stuff and gal stuff), is something that has helped bring us together since the beginning.

She has also helped me to understand and purchase makeup and jewelry, though I do well enough with that now that I rarely need her help anymore.

I wish you well as you work with your SO. It's wonderful that you're so supportive.

Miriam

Missy
03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
When I met my wife she found out about me weraring ladys cloths all she said was do not wear hers. Ever since then I buy my own and she has help me buy items, and even got me cloths as gifts.

AmyGaleRT
03-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Can we include makeup? I've been divorced for a long time, and my Ex is like 5-6, 170, and 36-DD, with short, muscular calves and thighs, and I'm like 5-11, 150, 38-B (weightlifting pects), and have long bony legs. So, although I cannot say I wouldn't have worn her stuff if it fit, it was such a physical mismatch it was laughable to even consider. Now, makeup, on the other hand: I used to play with her makeup boxes by the hour.

Good point, Starr, I ought to have mentioned it.

I don't use my fiancee's makeup either; that would be rude, and also unsanitary. Besides, she's a Cover Girl fan, and I use L'Oreal, 'cause I'm worth it. :D Actually, she's tried a few L'Oreal products herself, and I've gotten a few things from Maybelline (same manufacturer). Still, "separate but equal" is the way to go with makeup cases as well.

- Amy

Kelly Smith
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I was wondering for all of you CDers, or GG/SO with CDing partners...

Do you prefer buying your own clothes or do you wear your SO's clothes? Or both?

Does your SO help you with picking out clothes?

Even if her clothes fit, I wouldn't wear them. She wouldn't like it and her space is respected.

My SO is not involved in my XDing in any way, but I would LOVE to take her shopping for clothes and shoes at Macy's. A positive, cheerful trip to VS with her would be pure joy.

bobbie c
03-21-2013, 11:16 AM
hey mermaid....fun question.we shop together,but since we're different sizes....we buy separate, but help each other with looking. we make it fun esp shoe shopping. make it an outting. I 'll get gifts from her which is always fun to open esp when others are around....."ah gee thanks skinny jeans with prints....should work fine"...lol always fun to watch reactions!!!

DonnaT
03-21-2013, 11:35 AM
I'll buy my own, but sometimes she'll buy me something.

When shopping she'll ask me for advice, more than I will ask her.

Our tastes/styles are quite different, but at times I can find her something she really likes, but wouldn't have considered on her own.

As for sharing, she has a great dislike for sharing her things. It goes back to when she had to share with her sister when young.

Chickhe
03-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Even if my wife said it is okay, for the most part I would not. Consider what happens if the CDing acceptance goes sour...all of a sudden you are fighting over stretched fabrics and the whole story about he wears my clothing sounds like you were disrespectful to anyone on the side line... besides all that you probably want your own style. Go for making CDing a positive experience for her...let her borrow something of yours instead.