PDA

View Full Version : "I like your bracelet" *blush*

Rebecca Watson
03-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Just sharing a story...

I bought a bracelet with "Becky" written on it, and was wearing it at work. One of the office ladies said "I like your bracelet". Oops, it seems it is more noticeable than I expected. (Although, I do admit, it was awesome that she noticed.)

I didn't really know what to say, so I didn't say anything, I just blushed. We then changed the topic onto the weather, which felt less awkward.

This is the bracelet:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LADIES-CHILDRENS-TEENS-EMERALD-GREEN-NAME-CHARM-BRACELET-GIFT-BOXED-NAMES-A-E-/00/s/MTAyNFgxMDI0/$T2eC16FHJG!E9nm3pwYIBQdWcE)ucw~~60_12.JPG

I bought it from Ebay; here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120997694815

- Becky

Maria S
03-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I wonder if sometimes like me and probably many others on this site you almost wanted someone to see your bracelet whilst in boy mode. Almost as if it is a pressure release.

Maria

Kate Simmons
03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, one thing you learn quickly in this "business" is that women don't miss much. Plus they have memories like elephants, do not forget.:heehee::)

Rebecca Watson
03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
I wonder if sometimes like me and probably many others on this site you almost wanted someone to see your bracelet whilst in boy mode. Almost as if it is a pressure release.

Maria

Perhaps you're right!! And, indeed, it is somewhat of a pressure release. I didn't deliberately go out of my way to show her, but, I wasn't exactly hiding it either. It caught me by surprise though, since we were already chatting for a while before she pointed it out.

- Becky

~Joanne~
03-20-2013, 02:41 PM
That's a very pretty bracelet :D No Joanne though and I wonder about "charlie" lol

Beverley Sims
03-20-2013, 02:55 PM
I have inadvertantly worn my gold watch to work and explained that the strap on mine had broken and I needed another quickly.

Laura912
03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Uhhh, Bubba, there ain't nothin' masculine about that cute bracelet. Do you want to be out? :battingeyelashes:

Rebecca Watson
03-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Uhhh, Bubba, there ain't nothin' masculine about that cute bracelet. Do you want to be out? :battingeyelashes:

Hahaha! Well... I'm not sure if I have a notion of "out". I have a notion of "being myself".

Even back in high school I'd do this kind of stuff openly. Once I grew my fingernails and painted them blue (and not, say, gothic blue, but genuine girly blue). Nobody at school payed much attention, although sometimes the girls would say they looked nice. I even dyed my hair pink once (which came as somewhat of a surprise to my at-the-time girlfriend).

Besides, once you get the bracelet out of the pink box, it doesn't quite look so girly. Although, it's certainly not a typical thing you'd see a guy wearing.

- Becky

Jamie001
03-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Hahaha! Well... I'm not sure if I have a notion of "out". I have a notion of "being myself".

Even back in high school I'd do this kind of stuff openly. Once I grew my fingernails and painted them blue (and not, say, gothic blue, but genuine girly blue). Nobody at school payed much attention, although sometimes the girls would say they looked nice. I even dyed my hair pink once (which came as somewhat of a surprise to my at-the-time girlfriend).

Besides, once you get the bracelet out of the pink box, it doesn't quite look so girly. Although, it's certainly not a typical thing you'd see a guy wearing.

- Becky

The important thing here is that is it ok to be a feminine guy.

Angela Campbell
03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I have had girlfriends who gave me bracelets or necklaces of theirs and I wore them to remind me of them. No one would have a problem with it.