PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing on Yelp

daisygurl462
03-20-2013, 08:38 PM
I love Yelp. It's one of the most useful websites and I use it all the time. I am an active yelper, both getting information on places and adding my own experiences as well. I like that it holds businesses accountable, both good and bad. However, I think crossdressing is severely underrepresented on yelp and it's difficult to find good information related to crossdressing. A quick search of "crossdress" and "Los Angeles" only brings up five hits! I'm guessing a lot members here use yelp, so what are your thoughts on making a push to add more crossdresser relevant information on Yelp (CD friendly businesses, CD recommended activities, CD testimonies, etc.)? I personally would create a separate account, but I think it would be helpful to other CDs looking for information and also increase awareness of CDs in general.

Ceri Anne
03-20-2013, 09:28 PM
It's a great idea, I have only Yelp'd a couple times, usually do checkin on facebook, which also has a seperate account for Ceri. Your pic looks incredible btw :)

VickysBFF
03-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I haven't used Yelp specifically for CD stores/activities per se, but have used it to rate things like salons, wig stores, etc. for overall service, quality, etc. Yelp can be good in steering you towards or away from some places but overall I did not find it all that useful. Especially in trying to warn others about a horrible incident that happened to me in one chain (not CD related) my post did not really gain any traction or cause anyone else with bad experiences to come out of the woodwork and post.

Beverley Sims
03-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Yelp!
Obviously another great source for opinions.
I look at it as another way of using my internet allowance.

AddyCD
03-23-2013, 11:21 PM
I don't yelp often. At least I don't contribute, just read the reviews. After reading this thread I wanted to see how Glamour Boutique is rated on Yelp (It's a CD centered store in Mass). I have been and thought it was great but was interested to see what others thought. I read through the reviews and one reviewer looked familiar. Yup, went to high school with her. THAT was interesting.

Krististeph
03-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Yelp virgin. But liking the way it is growing. Lurkers rule. especially watching socal..