PDA

View Full Version : Are you womanly?

Kate Simmons
03-21-2013, 08:06 AM
One definition of womanly I've read is: "Becoming a woman, feminine in a praiseworthy sense." When en femme do you feel you are womanly according to this definition? Why or why not? :)

noeleena
03-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi,

I am a woman i have grown into one of cause being female does help. i know others see me as feminine though i have doughts about myself in that regard, thats just me though of cause, i dont act it or is it a put on im just a real liveing woman,

if you meet me youll soon see regardless of my looks i really am just a woman no pretence a pretty much a all out there, being doing & enjoying my life as i should, yes thats its really, & i hope iv conveyed that .

...noeleena...

Beverley Sims
03-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Kate, I would have to think about this one.
When I was young I got praised, I was told I was beautiful, gorgeous and a whole lot of other expletives.
These days the rot has set in I am afraid.
Womanly does seem like a senior moment although I haven't been a hot chick for years.... Sigh!

I Am Paula
03-21-2013, 10:49 AM
"You're so feminine you could give milk"- My wife
"Most of us should take lessons from you"-Barista at my coffee shop
The only good thing about being 54 is I can stop acting girly, and behave like a woman.-Celeste

Kate Simmons
03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
I think that the best thing about being a senior TG lady is that we can get away with a lot and be elegant at the same time. It's kind of a "state of being" in a lot of ways as Noeleena said.:battingeyelashes::)

carhill2mn
03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Whenever I am en femme I definitely feel "womanly", at least by my definition. I try my best to act like a lady, as well.

Alison Felicia
03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't know about womanly, but I definitely feel feminine when I am dressed.

andrea lace
03-21-2013, 05:24 PM
I feel womanly when dressed and have tried to act womanly too. There is the problem I am a dreadful actor. I just tend to act the same in guy or girl mode. I never leave the house so a knuckle dragging bloke in a dress does not bother the outside world. But I think it will be amusing to watch.

Maria S
03-21-2013, 05:35 PM
When I am in girl mode I become a woman I almost forget I am a man. It is almost like flicking a switch in my head.

Maria

Kate Simmons
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
It seems to be relatively easy for those of us who have been doing it for years.:battingeyelashes::)

Jodi
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Womanly? I don't know. I've never been a woman so I have no idea how it feels to be a woman. I just dress in women's clothes.

Jodi

Kate Simmons
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Most women don't know either Jodi. It's mostly an intrinsic feeling.:)

ArleneRaquel
03-21-2013, 07:18 PM
My feeling is that I am womanly, but maybe I'm not the best person to ask, I am so biased about bbeing "ArleneRaquel" the pink fog may have overtaken me entirely.

Chari
03-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Womanly? Probably, but definitely always feminine, and proud of it!!! As we are all individuals, it is best IMO to always be comfortable and confident in whatever we wear and do!

rayne75
03-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Womanly not necessarily, In guy mode I'm slightly feminine. I'm slightly punk like skinny jeans and tight shirts but feel complete. In girl mode I'm more 20 to 30 year old-ish girly stylish and pretty. Don't get me wrong I feel feminine and complete in girl mode but not necessarily womanly. It's hard to explain I hope that makes sense.

Nikki A.
03-21-2013, 07:41 PM
When out dressed I act like a lady and expect to be treated as such. The more I dress, the more I forget that I am a man in a dress. So I guess that is "womanly"

Ineke Vashon
03-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Without wishing to hijack your thread, I love your - avatar - hair, both in style and the grey look.

Ineke

shae
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Womanly not necessarily, In guy mode I'm slightly feminine... Don't get me wrong I feel feminine and complete in girl mode but not necessarily womanly.

I like that, it's the way I've evolved too. I'd hazard an opinion that "womanly" is the sort of thing one gets with the plumbing and socialization GGs get; more of an acquired thing. "Femme" works for me, at least around English speaking folks. (I think "sissy" means about the same to CDs as "*******" offfends TSs.)

A voice trainer, Melanie Phillips, mentions on her instruction CD that a lot of femme presentation is cooperative, multitonal, and uses a completely different vocabulary than the masculine baseline. Then there's the breathing thing; male types have bigger lungs and can chatter on for longer at a stretch.

EllenJo
03-21-2013, 08:40 PM
I feel very womanly, meaning that I care about my family, feel fullfilled cleaning the house and cooking for my spouse. My style of dress is not sexy but feminine. I think age has matured me as a woman just like it has as a man.

docrobbysherry
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm not really sure. As a guy, I'm pretty much of a jerk. Can females be jerks, Kate?

ArleneRaquel
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
I can be a jerk, but I'd rather be a jerk wearing lipstick.

Janie {3
03-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Try to be as much as possible. Even in guy mode, when alone act enfem. Just love being a girl.

I Am Paula
03-21-2013, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=Ineke Vashon;3146124]Without wishing to hijack your thread, I love your - avatar - hair, both in style and the grey look.

Ineke
I'll second that. You remind me of one of my favorite ladies- Emmylou Harris-Celeste

Leah Lynn
03-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Oh, my gosh, yes! I think I act like a woman almost all the time; When in drab (at work), I have to consciously think to act like a man. I have developed many feminine attributes that have become normal behavior for me. I still have more to work on.

Leah

MysticLady
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM
I believe there's a woman in each one of us. Each one of us allows or doesn't allow her to come out depending on our lifes' situation. In my case Im happy that she's coming out because she's my "peace".

AmyGaleRT
03-22-2013, 01:35 AM
My fiancee thinks I'm womanly. :) I certainly try my best to be so when I'm Amy, although a lot of times I may feel "girly" rather than "womanly." But the warm glow I get while I'm dressed, the one I think of as my "feminine aura," certainly feels very womanly. And, oddly enough, that's how I described my preferred bust size: "womanly without being excessive."

- Amy

Kate Simmons
03-22-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm not really sure. As a guy, I'm pretty much of a jerk. Can females be jerks, Kate?To answer your question RS, I think some women can be anal retentive but they are still family oriented.:)

emma30
03-27-2013, 07:25 AM
I feel completely womanly when dressed I turn into a total female. My mannerisms change, my thought process is softer and I feel ultra sexy. Also I feel very attracted to men. Its strange but I love passing over to a woman from time to time. It some how liberates me. In my life as a man I observe the way women act and dress as well as the way they move and get jealous that I'm not living that way. I look at some women not through the eyes of a man but as a woman.

Asp
03-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I fell womanly outside of the whole "en femme" thing. If I didn't have to hold it to go, I would think I was a woman.

Suzanne F
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Friday night was my first night out. It surprised me how natural it felt. I felt like I has been a woman all of my life. I loved the purse, the dress and the shoes. I even went to the ladies room. I loved feeling womanly!