PDA

View Full Version : Something I've pondered...

Momarie
03-21-2013, 09:24 AM
The more you think, breath, behave and speak like the women you are...the more some may resent you for it.

As with any other GG, who comes under attack for daring to say what she thinks.

Does it seem to you like a sign of passage?

Beth-Lock
03-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Now, the people who might have a problem with it are no longer in my life, at their request, or they just keep quiet about it. New people I meet probably are actually positive about it. I never thought about it until you raised the question, so it doesn't seem to be an issue after transition.

It seems to be more like what happens if one moves from being a stealth CD to Cd'ing in public, or adopting feminine things piecemeal. Some people noticed that before I transitioned, I started to wear clear nail polish, and it puzzled them for though I was wearing all female clothes, they were chosen from those that looked like male clothes, at least until they spotted a bra strap outline under my t-shirt.

STACY B
03-21-2013, 10:22 AM
You want to know something ? As far as what we do an where we are in life ,, We shouldn't look an say are my friends going to accept me ,, We should say am I going to accept my friends an family ? Because we might not be only living a lie about our gender we might have chosen the wrong friends an family to ? Maybe we also chose wrong ,, Maybe we sometimes have to start over an do it all again the right way this time ?

arbon
03-21-2013, 11:40 AM
There were lots of people that were resentful for my transitioning.

But I am not sure if that is what you are talking about? or are you talking about women in general more often having their opinions and input dismissed, or not taken as seriously by men. That is harder for me to pin point the "why" when I notice it - is it because they are seeing me as a woman or they know I am trans? I don't know. At work I was basically shut out of any real responsibility for a very long time after I came out and indicated I intended to transition. I went from being the owners assistant and helping to run the shop to being not much more then a delivery boy and getting scrutinized for every little thing I did as he was trying to make me quit - my opinion was not sought on anything anymore, I did not count anymore. But I think that was mostly due to my transition in general which my boss was very pissed off about. A little over two years later things have settled and increasingly I am taken more seriously and being treated like a human again. But it was a very painful experience - one of many rights of passage I had to go through to be where I am today.

kellycan27
03-21-2013, 12:22 PM
If I felt any resentment it came from some of my TS sisters... I guess that started out as equals and as I progressed some of them became standoff-ish. One of my very close friends even said that I was no longer " one of them" ( I am still wondering what exactly she meant). They wanted to talk about their issues, but not about my successes. They didn't want to hear about my relationship, but wanted to complain about their lack of. I had 2 of my good TS g/f's even dump me as a friend.

Jorja
03-21-2013, 01:15 PM
First off, I have never had a problem speaking my mind, male or female. To date I have never had a time where it seemed that what I had to say was being ignored. As for those who might resent me for becoming the person I am today, they do not matter one bit to me. They had just as much (if not more) opportunity to progress and grow as a person. They should have taken full advantage of it, I did. So no, I see no sign of passage here.

Momarie
03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
It's a very hard thing to articulate...wanting to be as sensitive and respectful as possible.

For the most part, I meant from other Cd's, Ts's etc.

Nigella
03-21-2013, 02:06 PM
and we are soooooooooooooooo not going there.