PDA

View Full Version : Friends?

Janice An
03-22-2013, 04:54 AM
I would like to know what does it mean when you accept or request some one to be your friend on this site ? What is expected if anything ? What is the purpose?

I'd just like to understand without having any wrong idea's or drawing any wrong conclusions.

suzy1
03-22-2013, 05:09 AM
I think it’s just a nice way of saying that they like the sound of you.
And sometimes you get to be real friends and chat a lot using PM’s. [I love that]:)

I just love to wake up in the morning, turn on my P.C. and there is a friends request waiting for me.

Beverley Sims
03-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Ah! Well that explains why I don't have many friends, Suzie.
I am probably too harsh.
What I do get is PM's and visitors messages asking how something works or explaining something.
I have had thank you notes and this gives me great satisfaction to think I have been able to help someone.

meganmartin
03-22-2013, 05:50 AM
In my view it is people who either like the post you have done or something about you.
And maybe would like to get to know you.

But when someone request to friend me or me them I do not have any preconceived notions I just assume they would like us to be called friends.

Right or wrong - when someone friends me I reach out either in a private message or email and thank them for friending me and to try to engage in a conversation in order to get to know them better. It is just my belief that sometimes the virtual world can be impersonal and the attempt is to make it more personal.

Sandra
03-22-2013, 05:51 AM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_friends_conta cts