PDA

View Full Version : First time working around women.

Brynna M
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
So this may seem a little weird but I recently changed jobs and this is the first time in my 10+ year career I find my self working with and around women.

It's intriguing and mildly exciting to see the different styles of clothes and hair and smell the different perfumes. I find my self constantly noticing a sweater or pair of earrings in a style I've never seen and I'm intrigued (Ok, envious)

Just something I thought was fun (and I hope not creepy)

Rogina B
03-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi,And some of them are really focused at their job,aren't they? Women are most often so skilled at multitasking,yet that skill isn't recognized nor compensated for in the workplace...So now you know...

Brynna M
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Rogina,

It was never my intent to disregard their technical ability. I've always been lucky enough to work in a place where almost everyone was very good at what they do. This job is no exception. It's just an observation about and unexpected aspect of the workplace.

Rogina B
03-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Well,I am glad on that and it looks like you may really enjoy your new surroundings!

BLUE ORCHID
03-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi Brynna, I worked with some women that were great dressers it was always great yo see all
the different fashions and accessories.

noeleena
03-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi.

I have a ? is this with the perspective of or as a male or female. & with interactions women between women do you see what takes place, or can you enter in,
would be interested to know & how you see it,

...noeleena...

Brenda Freeman
03-23-2013, 07:51 AM
I do work with women and men in my job. I agree I am often envious of what they can wear to work and I have come away with alot of ideas from them just from observing. I also find I enjoy their company more! I am such a girl! I guess.

wanagione
03-23-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm an RN and I work with women all the time. But lately there have been nights in the ICU when its been all guys. I have to be careful sometimes, for example the girls were saying that they needed new boots for the winter and I almost chimed in I do too! The only down side is that we all wear scrubs, oh wait that's not a down side because i don't have to envy thier fashions!

Rachel Morley
03-23-2013, 10:48 AM
IMO, compared to men (at least the men in our office) the best thing about working with women is the general atmosphere. Much more pleasant and less "testosterone driven" ... not to mention all the femme things you mention!

Beverley Sims
03-23-2013, 12:48 PM
I work with women all the time and if I step out of line it becomes a hazard.
Ihave fun interacting with them but you do have to watch your step as you can become ostracised very quickly.

Brynna M
03-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi.

I have a ? is this with the perspective of or as a male or female. & with interactions women between women do you see what takes place, or can you enter in,
would be interested to know & how you see it,

...noeleena...

At this point i haven't really formed a circle of work friends (I'm always a little slow in that regard.) but I'm definitely seen as a generic guy right now and not in any of the female social circles. Having not interacted with women in the workplace in the past, I'm not sure if that will change as people get to know me.

Dena
03-23-2013, 07:47 PM
I worked as a courier in a past life, I got a complaint one day about being rude. I could not figure out what it was.
Later, I remembered admiring the receptionists blouse. I guess she thought I was staring at her breasts or something!