PDA

View Full Version : Two great experiences today

I Am Paula
03-22-2013, 11:08 PM
This morning had to take my wife to a gynocologist. The office was huge, being shared with five Drs. It was kinda wierd walking into a waiting room filled with 35 pregnant ladies. Specially when you're over fifty, and don't own a vagina. In line at reception, I answered my phone. While I was in lala land on the phone, my wife had finished her business with the receptionist, and headed for the magazine rack.
'Ma'am, you're next'
Me- brain dead
'Ma'am, step up please'
Not connecting at all
'Ma'am, please, you're next'
Oh, she's talking to me! In guy voice 'Oh, that's my wife (pointing), I'm not in line'.
Now I'm certain that the room full of moms- to-be are looking at me.
My wife, in the meantime is killing herself laughing.

Next up, I had a doctors appt. Usually they ask me at check in what I would like to be called, as my health card and medical records have my guy name on them. This time they didn't ask. Sitting there they called out first names of all the patients. The nurse picked up the chart, looked at me, and said 'last name ..........'. I thought that was both quick thinking, and very respectful on her part. I'm always impressed and grateful when someone goes the extra mile for us trans folks.- Celeste

~Joanne~
03-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for sharing your story with your wife lol I got a good chuckle of the situation and yes, your right, some do go the extra mile to make people comfortable :)

Caroline-Grant
03-22-2013, 11:25 PM
It's always neat to see how people will react. Personally I was once out in public (not en femme) wearing a red shirt that looked like one of those chinese dresses and some girl behind a counter thought I was female. This also happened a lot when I worked at the texas ren fair even though my outfit wasn't very feminine my hair covered my eyebrows and I guess that was what threw them... Still I take a bit of pride in passing without altering my body or trying. It makes me smile :)

Beverley Sims
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
You know you are making progress when things like that happen.

whowhatwhen
03-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Why not roll with it just to see what the doc said?
:)

Claire Cook
03-24-2013, 05:56 AM
What great stories -- thanks for sharing! And yes, following Corinne's question, THAT would have been an interesting session!