PDA

View Full Version : thanks to all you great members

groove67
03-22-2013, 11:27 PM
i love this site and you have helped me be what i am. six months from srs and i can tell you i am so excited. i live as woman everyday of my life and feel so great and that i am finally me. can not wait until i am total woman. that will be greatest day of my life and i thank all of you on this site for your support. this site has been my most loved thing that i ever found as i find i am not alone. love you all marianne

ReineD
03-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Groove, you've posted 7 times in the last week or so, telling everyone how wonderful your transition is going, how happy you are, you're half way there and you're having SRS in a few months.

I'm really happy for you, but please tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you handle the fluctuations in your emotional balance when you started HRT? How many years did it take for you to make the decision to transition, and did you not agonize over it even a little? Have you sought support from a different TS site maybe? Or do you have a great gender therapist? How are you making out with your particular estrogen & anti-androgen mix? Were there any issues? Do you have any questions? I gather from one of your other posts that all your 6 male coworkers accept you totally. This is wonderful. What line of work are you in that they would be so forward-minded? And how are your parents dealing with this? Your siblings? Do you have any children? You also mentioned that you are good friends with your ex. This is more great news. Was the divorce or break-up because you were transitioning?

Is anyone mistaking you for a guy sometimes (this frequently happens during transition) and if so, how does that make you feel? Do you plan on FFS? Do you need FFS? Are you considering BA?

Also, where do you plan on getting GRS? Thailand? Canada? The US? Do you have recommendations for a good doctor, or do you have any questions about a doctor? The members here know quite a bit about this and I'm sure they would answer your questions.

Sorry for all the questions, but I've read so many transition stories over the years, plus I've met people in real life who have transitioned, and your story really does stand out as being inordinately smooth. So please could you tell us a bit about yourself so that we can all get to know you?

groove67
03-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Yes you are correct i am one of the lucky ones. Yes my wife and i are split she wants a man in her life and i understand but we are best shall i say girl friends. I find that my feelings are toward men also and maybe hormone treatment was all it took to get that out of me that was probably there already. My work is in food industry as a buyer for a major food company, and yes my sales reps from companies i buy from have been very wonderful to me also. As far as how long did i wait it was the usual thing i new at 7 years old that i was different but dressed in hiding when my mother and sister where away but got married at young age have children but always new and fought if for 25 years. I just new i could no longer go on and needed to seek help. And here i am loving everyday of my life . Srs will be in usa just more comfortable doing it here. My daughters are very kind to me and understand as we have had counciling together and they have accepted my wish. We actually are meeting for lunch today and and shopping as my oldest getting married in july. Ffs will not need as i said very passable as matter of fact never had chest hair and very slight facial hair. Always full head of hair very dark curly and have it long now so little make up and i am good to go.

ReineD
03-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Well then, you're the poster child for a positive experience, and a positive attitude, in a process that is frequently very difficult for people.

Congratulations again, and I wish you all the best in the rest of your journey. :)

groove67
03-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Thank you so much reine as you ladies on this site have been totally been a god sin for me. I have read so many storys both good and bad and i think that helped me have the courage to face things head on.