PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Personality

FelicityMay
03-23-2013, 02:09 AM
I'm wondering how common it is that people who cross dress can actually end up with some sort of a personality disorder, where they think they are 2 different people.

I ask this because I have been almost feeling like this is whats happening to me! I recently lost most of my close friends, and have been very lonely. yet, I almost feel ok, like my girl self is there to comfort my guy self. It's more than an alter ego, its like I have 2 completely different people inside me, but manage to get along well.

I can easily say that I am my own best friend, and I can manage to entertain myself while being alone. but does that make it some sort of disorder?

This might sound like nothing, but I'm starting to question if im going crazy?

andrea lace
03-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Try having a full blown conversation with your self. If you start arguing the I suggest you have a problem. Joking aside I am sure there is no problem with me I find the female side of me tends to compliment the male side of me thats the way I see it

Barbara Maria
03-23-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi,Felicity. I've wondered that same thing about myself.The woman and the guy are two completely different people.I live alone too and when I'm home alone I'm all woman all the time. But I can still adjust to guy mode when I have to pretty much with ease.Right now I'd say I'm about 60/40,60 being female.I sometimes wonder what's happening because it's like the woman is slowly taking over.As for it being a disorder,that I don't know.I do know that I'm happier than I've been in years when I'm female.I have yet to find a down side to it,so I just go with it. Barbara

Tara D. Rose
03-23-2013, 03:10 AM
I'm wondering how common it is that people who cross dress can actually end up with some sort of a personality disorder, where they think they are 2 different people.

I think I feel you.

PaulaQ
03-23-2013, 03:27 AM
I can relate to feeling this way. In my case, the two don't get along very well at all. It seems easier to just let Paula win. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be.

Princess Ludwyna
03-23-2013, 03:56 AM
I don't have the smeagol/gollum effect in my head. Nor a second personnality. I'm male and I have a big female part as well but the whole is just me and I don't have to fight against myself. Which is very lucky for me probably.
Yet when i crossdress, it's my feminine part that takes control, in order to be correct in term of roleplay. The male "energy" is still there though, in the background and fully acknowledge what the female part is doing because they're one (of a kind lol).

Lisa Gerrie
03-23-2013, 04:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that mental illness (like a "personality disorder") is no more common among crossdressers than among the general population. Indulging in crossdressing will not split your personality, but it might make you more aware of your one true soul.

Naomi Newman
03-23-2013, 05:03 AM
i dont feel myself it is 2 people, its one person thats not been allowed to come out cos you are some1 different to what you are, i think its more of a comfortability issue, are you comfortable with yourself ? you say you have lost alot of friends, and maybe this has something to do with it.

noeleena
03-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Hi,

You are treading in to my turf, I'v had to look at this because of being intersexed, & many of those i know who are as well. you see we are born both male female now some of us it wont happen unless we go the schizophrenia way, then its a disorder,

Talking to your self is not the issue its when two personalitys are at play, a very marked difference between the two regardless wether its male or female,

im furtunate in being both male female in personality i only have one & there is no seperation between the two. like there is no just male or just female,

I can not claim thinking as a male i dont know how to, yet with female i do because our hormones & lots of other detail's are different there is a maleness about myself in a few ways, both body wise & mentaly .

How i think is as one person / being, just because im a mix of both does not say im a delusonal person or a sketso,im quite sane .

Okay just a bit of fun here, i escaped from the assylam i jumped over the fence & no way am i going back till they catch me & by then itll be to bloody late,. i was signed off as being sane, if i was not sane i would not be where i am now after what i'v gone through, ....oh did some one say sane ... oh ya that word . wonder what it means........

I dont take my self too serious , other wise id never have any fun,

Going back to being intersex if any one was insane it should be myself why because of being male female. you see when you think about it what am i really male or female you see i knew what i was from age 10 & never had any issues, its not something many people understand we have to live with it & just get on with life i have so many neat friends who just accept yes im different ... so what .... im just a normal female just because im not a complete female makes no difference,

so you see we can be different & accepted, we dont have to be understood , so dont wory about it just enjoy life & love life,

...noeleena...

xdressed
03-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Hopefully this will help:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?191761-Bi-Gender-what-it-means-and-why-you-need-to-know!&highlight=

MysticLady
03-23-2013, 06:28 AM
It's more than an alter ego, its like I have 2 completely different people inside me, but manage to get along well.

I can easily say that I am my own best friend, and I can manage to entertain myself while being alone. but does that make it some sort of disorder?

I felt the same when I was younger. It aroused me intensly. Over the years the arousals subsided and the others feelings that come from it didn't. I believe since you are young your arousal (sensors?) are peaking and will extremely satisfying until you climax and then you'll experience a crash, at least I did.:o
As far as 2 different personalities,I would say no and this is just a different part of you that wants to peak out once in a while. In time you'll decide if you would like this part of you to become more or stay where youre more comfortable switching back and forth. :)

donnalee
03-23-2013, 09:07 AM
I feel like whatever is going on with me, it's still me. However, one habit I have had as long as I can remember is talking to myself. It's a way for me to make mental notes so I can keep track of what I'm doing, particularly when I'm working on something as I often have more than one mental process going on at a time.

Jenniferathome
03-23-2013, 09:10 AM
There is no relationship whatsoever.

Beverley Sims
03-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I have not thought like this at all.

KellyJameson
03-23-2013, 01:58 PM
It is possible to have two or more distinct, separate identities that do not know of each other but you would not question having multiple personalities because paradoxically you would not know of them.

It is like asking yourself if you are insane, only a sane person could ask this question because you have enough of a grip on reality to be self aware.

It does seem like for many crossdressers they create a companion for themselves in the image of themselves as women so have "company" while alone.

Nature insists on movement between opposites through attraction and crossdressing is an expression of this movement.

There is psychological pain when resisting this movement that nature has designed into life and this pain is resolved through eliminating the impulse of movement toward others by creating the other inside the self.

It is combining the Yin and Yang of nature as movement for procreation into one body.

You notice that many crossdressers are introverts so movement toward others is painful and crossdressing solves this problem nature designed into life.

Introverted shy males sexually attracted to females are perfect candidates for crossdressing.

There are also the high stress extroverted Alpha males that use it to "unwind" which is a temporary escape from the stress of being "male"

Crossdressing seems to be psychologically a very healthy thing to do if it does not become a crutch to avoid engaging in life.

It should bring balance into your life, not throw it out of balance.

Crossdressing is an adaptive response to natures brutality. Far more humane than the usual solution used, which is violence.

Much of what human beings do and create is a response to the problem of being human, whether it is spirituality or science to contend with the insecurity of existence or crossdressing as a solution for the perpetual pressure, problem and impulse of movement toward ones opposite.

You are not crazy but simply trying to solve the problems of being human, which every single person must solve in their own way.

FelicityMay
03-23-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm really not worried about how it is going right now.
It actually feels really nice, knowing that I can be self sufficient when trying to enjoy myself! In the past, I have tended to have mental breakdowns whenever I would go a long time without having any friends around, but im starting to feel ok now!

I Am Paula
03-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Judging by the number of girls who refer to their femme selves in the third person, I'd say ...lots. My other self agrees. For once.

CDChloe1972
03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
I think you maybe being a little hard on yourself Felicity.

I try to balance crosdressing with having a job and being a father and navigating the "straight" world and it helps me to compartmentalize by addressing my femme side in the 3rd person.

When I was with my partner I used to say things like "I think Chloe would like that dress" or if I wanted to dress I would say " I think Chloe wants to come visit today" and so it can become a playful sort of short hand to think of yourself as another personality.

Now I'm on my own and I can still feel happy and comfortable knowing I have two sides to myself, and yes I also feel happy being in my own company when dressed en femme. Besides, its a great way to wind down.

yeh, you should embrace the two sides of yourself I reckon.

xx Chloe xx

Kate Simmons
03-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Learning to manage both sets of feelings doesn't mean you are going crazy Hon, it just means you are becoming more proficient as a full spectrum person.:)

Charlotte Haynes
03-24-2013, 01:41 PM
I've long assumed my dressing was down to a personality disorder...it might be, I don't know...I've never been tested. I can confidently state that my behaviour is sometimes erratic, and I get the urge/compulsion to dress during these periods...For me, there is obviously something wrong, and although I've accepted what I am, I do know that I'm crackers... I'd say my "weird" periods are a cause of my dressing, not a result of it...
C

Kelly DeWinter
03-24-2013, 02:30 PM
I think it's just a silly notion that a person would have twon personalities becuse they crossdress.
Oh you would ! I get mayby 2-3 hours of quality time a night while you have the rest of the day.
I mean whats next?, two separate wardrobes ?
I would only have one if I could just get you to toss out those silly guy clothes.