PDA

View Full Version : It's Official! I'm A Columnist!

Julie
12-11-2005, 05:10 PM
My article is now posted on TG Life (http://www.tglife.com/). It's not as thrilling as I thought it would be to see it there but what I liked most is my real last name is used in identifying me. I feel like it validates that Julie is a real person.

I have been fearful of using my last name thinking it left me more exposed to being found out by those who don't know. But little by little I have used it in identifying myself because anything else felt fake. When I signed on to TG Life I gave my real last name because nothing else felt right. I have a credit card with Julie on it. I'm getting junk mail adressed to Julie. Julie is becoming more real. I guess it's just another step along the road.

At the end of the article I like that they added: Write Julie when you're headed for the Chicago area at ChiTownJulie@tglife.com (ChiTownJulie@tglife.com)Hmmmm, am I going to need a secretary? :p

Kimberly
12-11-2005, 05:23 PM
w00000t!! GO YOU!

It's always great to see your name printed somewhere - I still get kicks from seeing my name on a theatre programme. :D

Vivian Best
12-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Way to go Julie. Something like that does move you up a notch or two. Good for you.

Vivian:rose2:

Wendy me
12-11-2005, 05:38 PM
way too cool i would apply for the job but it sounds like work ....we can all say we knew you when......

Shelly Preston
12-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Julie
Well done, but don't forget the rest of us, who can hardly manage to make a sentence.

When you become famous remember to let us all know

Julie
12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
i would apply for the job but it sounds like work......

Wendy, are you telling me you think going out dressed and drinking and dancing is work? :rofl:

JennyCD
12-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Congrats!

Jakie_Rose
12-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Hi Julie

I hope this will be the first step in a long career .

Congradulation .

Jakie

Wendy me
12-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Wendy, are you telling me you think going out dressed and drinking and dancing is work? :rofl:
well that part i could do but the secretary?part might be...

GypsyKaren
12-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi Julie

I think it's all just great, it looks like something you really enjoy doing, and you can't beat that.

GypsyKaren

Laurie Ann
12-11-2005, 09:29 PM
I still want to be invited when you win your Pulitizer Price for Journalism. BTW congratulations.

Sarah Smile
12-12-2005, 01:20 AM
Oh, that's so wonderful, Julie! Congratulations!!! :)

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Congrats! Just remember all the little people when you're famous. :D

Shannon
12-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Congratulations Julie. It all starts with an innocent column...then a little book featuring your favorite columns...then short story...followed up by a collection of short stories...then a novel...that's turned into a movie. Go Gurl!!

Katie Ashe
12-12-2005, 09:43 AM
:clap:Congrads, Julie. :la:

Your one step closer to being normal ;)

paulaN
12-12-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm so happy for you. I hope this turns into something realy big. just what julie needs.

Julie
12-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Thank you ladies! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! With such great ladies like you supporting me how could I fail. And I really mean that. :hugs:

I can see it now...

"And the winner for Best Picture is 'I'm Still Trying To Figure Me Out' from the novel by Julie Marie."

"Accepting the award is Julie's lesser half, old what's his face....."

"On behalf of Julie I just wanted to thank the following three thousand, four hundred, sixty-eight people....."

Julie York
12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Congratulations. It is a thrill to get your work in print.

So does this mean you are going to use a second name again and finally people don't have to go "Julie" "What Julie" "Julie Julie" "You mean Julie York" "No Julie" "What Julie. There's hundreds of them." "Julie!" "YES WHICH ONE!"

and so on.

:D

melissacd
12-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Congratulations Julie...do we now have to bow down at your feet and chant some sort of TG holy phrase..;)

Sophia Rearen
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Julie,
That's great news, girl. I'd like to apply for that secretary job, if its needed.
Hopefully, I wouldn't have to do anything but sit there and look cute. I hate phones. Paper cuts are a job hazard. I have a tough time typing with nails. But, I would enjoy the dress code.