PDA

View Full Version : A Comedy of Errors

jaye_cd
03-23-2013, 05:48 AM
I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but life, as it tends to, has kept me away from free time for quite some time now. I would like to share with you now, my comedy of errors on a previous attempt of a Friday night out.

The website deployments for work ran unusually long on Thursday, lasting well until past midnight. Having spent the last 18 hours with the QA testing group and finally getting the all clear to deploy the new revisions to the production site, I should have just collapsed and gone to bed, but I had plans for a weekend of fun Jaye time, and by Cthulhu, I was going to go!

After making another cup of coffee, I settled down to put a fresh set of acrylic nails on. I diligently filed down my free edges to support gluing the tips on and cleaned and prepped the nails. I had been using this smallish tube of tip glue and it was almost empty. So to keep the glue at the tip of the tube, I had been plugging the hole with a thumbtack and leaving it end-down in a dapper dish I use for the bonding solution. I pulled out the 10 tips I needed and filed them down to the shapes I need and began to affix them to my nails with the aforementioned glue. I alternate hands, starting at the pinkie fingers and working towards my thumbs. When I got to the middle finger of one hand, I had some issues pulling the thumbtack out of the tube. The tack went one direction, the tube ended up falling on the floor. I put my hand down on the desk and grabbed the tube off of the carpet with quite the r-i-i-i-i-p of carpet fibers with it. Steadying myself upright, I then realized that a fair amount of the glue had spilled onto the desk during this, and I had placed my fingers right in it.
"Well, crap" I muttered to myself, and in a state of barely-awakeness, grabbed the bottle of acetone and some cotton balls and freed myself from the sticky situation completely melting all three tips on that hand in the process. UGH!
A few hours later I finished my mani-pedi and settled in for some sleep, planning to be up in 3 hours. I ended up sleeping through my alarm and not waking up until 1pm Friday afternoon, completely sleeping through work that day. Whoops!

After waking up and calling my boss to tell him I was going to be 'out' that day (derp) I proceeded to epilate all of my visible hair from my hairline down. Things were proceeding as normal until I sneezed while working on my tender man-bits....

Just imagine, if you will, that sensitive skin wedged into what felt like a wheat harvester.

"OW" does not do justice to what I was feeling.

After recovering from that, and attending to other matters I needed to take care of that afternoon, I started to get ready for my weekend out. I laid out the outfit I was going to wear that evening, and packed an overnight case with some sleepwear and the outfit for the next day, and some drab clothes I would need to don for the drive home on Sunday.

As I was getting dressed, when it came time to put my stockings on, the left one went on just perfectly, halfway up my leg on the right one it snagged on a rough spot on my fingernails I missed, and put a huge run in the stocking. UGH! I had purchased them with the sole purpose of accenting the outfit and had no backup plan or spares so I took off the left stocking and decided to go without any at all.

Carrying on, I began to put in my makeup. When it came time to put on my eyelashes, I decided they could use a good cleaning, Taking a few drops of makeup remover on a cotton swap, I removed all of the previous layers of mascara from them, then proceeded to pick off the old glue residue. One lash ready to go. Placed it on my lash line, sealed it, good to go. Started picking the old glue residue off the second lash and ended up breaking it in half. (Insert Charlie Brown "Argh" here)

Ok. Fine. I won't wear false lashes tonight. Touch up the makeup, and start getting my new wig ready.

Brush. Brush. Brush. <snag> WTF?!?!?!

One of the bands completely separated from the wig cap on my new wig and there was a clump of hair in my brush. (Insert another Charlie Brown "Argh" here with more emphasis and some tears)

Completely disheartened at this point, I called my friend and told them I was not going out , completely changed back into drab mode, and proceeded to intoxicate myself (Yes, not the brightest of plans, but I was really in a bad place mentally and needed it.)

I ended up staying at home the whole weekend, and missing out on a 2 day local event I had been really looking forward to.

A week later, I was dressed to the nines singing karaoke at my favorite bar.

Moral: We all have our off days. Do NOT let them keep you from dusting yourself off and getting back out there!

BLUE ORCHID
03-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi Jaye, That was enough to make a lady just want to cry.

Beverley Sims
03-23-2013, 01:22 PM
I really wonder WTF. when that happens.
I have had a string of mishaps one week only to have a total blast the following week with everything falling into place.

Persephone
03-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Yipes! What a nightmare!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Diana Bain
03-23-2013, 02:35 PM
My last step is always lip liner, lipstickand gloss. Screw up my liner and I'm done...back to drab I'm working on the car. Done this so many times...my car runs great.:D

AmyGaleRT
03-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Some days you can't win for losing, Jaye. But it's good to hear that, after you "fell off the horse," you got right back on the next weekend! :)

- Amy

Mikkigurll
03-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Some people have one of those days! I, occasionally, have one of those lives.

Laura912
03-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? :heehee: