PDA

View Full Version : Hight heels and going out. In desperate need of advice.

SexyErica
03-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Ok, For those that haven't been keeping score I had my first public outing two weeks ago and although I had a great time with no negative comments or dirty looks I did have one major Issue and that was that me heels kept slipping off when I walked. Up until then my dressing was strictly limited to behind bedroom doors so my practice time and space was very limited and my shoe collection is quite small and consist of all 4 and 5 inch heels so I had bought this pair of 3 inch heels for going out and they turn out to be to big which is surprising because they are the same size and brand as all my other pairs. So I ordered another pair 1 size smaller that I was planning on wearing on my 2nd outing tonight tried them on last night and they are way to small. By the way I'm a size 16 so I can't just run down to Macy's to buy another pair. So here is where I need advice I was planning on going out tonight and basically I have two options for shoes do I wear the 3 inch heels which are to big but I did put heel pads in which seemed to help some but still slip a little or do I try a pair of the higher ones that although they fit better they make me look very tall because I'm 6'1 in stocking feet. Just wondering what some of you would do. The other option would be to just stay home but that doesn't sound like much fun.

Shelly Preston
03-23-2013, 07:14 AM
I would say it depends on where your going.
Mostly I think you should wear the shoes that fit best and keep the walking to a minimum.
Walking outdoors is a lot different from indoors. I hope you have a great time.

BLUE ORCHID
03-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi Erica, Maybe you need nonslip insole pads to keep your foot in place.

Sophistic8d_grl
03-23-2013, 07:34 AM
You've already tried my first thought to use ball-of-foot pad inserts and the previous comment to just wear the shoes that fit and take baby steps should be considered a fall back plan (already with a pun!)!

I would also suggest a pad insert at the back of the heel, however that may develope a run if you are wearing hosiery. Unfortunately, it can be less of an exciting night for you if your feet end up killing you or worse, you end up injured and even the hottest GG may look foolish in heels she's not adept at walking in. The uneven street, polished floors or slick cement can become an obstacle course for any of us getting out and about.

Deedee Skyblue
03-23-2013, 07:37 AM
When I wear boots that are a little too large, I wear an extra pair of socks. Not much help in heels, but depending on how revealing they are, some peds?

Deedee

adrienner99
03-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Could you try heels with ankle straps? They are very cute.

Jenniferathome
03-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Erica, are you wearing hose with those shoes? Hose will make shoes slip more easily, even with heel pads. I prefer heels I can walk in easily, so lower is better for me.

SexyErica
03-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Could you try heels with ankle straps? They are very cute.

I do have a pair with ankle straps but they are 5 inch heels and I worry that they make me look awkward (to tall)

Michelle James
03-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Probably not what you want to hear, but how about option 3: Start out with a pair of comfortable flats that still go with your outfit. You will be able to walk in them without falling off of them. In my book nothing screams "TRANNY" louder than trying to walk in heels when you can't. Remember GG's have had a lifetime to learn how to walk in them.

suchacutie
03-23-2013, 10:26 AM
My thought would be to head to a local pharmacy and by insoles. You may need to buy a couple different styles but with a little trial and error they will likely take the place of "an extra pair of socks" but yet be out of sight. You just need to make those shoes that are a little too big a bit smaller.

Also, it might be that your stride is too long for the shoes. I have often seen GGs with shoes that are clearly too big for them (i.e. heel doesn't touch the back of the shoe) walking successfully but their stride shortens dramatically. Also, try to lead more with your thigh so that your ankle doesn't flex quite as much. It's that ankle flex that throws the shoes off!

Good luck!

DonnaT
03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Sounds like you should have ordered the new pair a ½ size smaller. Are they leather? If so, they could possibly be stretched.

If you are going to a club, then 4" heels will be fine. Don't let your height bother you.

If you are going to dinner, then the 3" heels would fit the occasion better.

If you don't want to run to Macy's, think about a store like Payless or DSW, or even a thrift store, like Goodwill.

Cheryl T
03-24-2013, 07:25 AM
If they are too big you can add insoles or those smaller pads that fit under the ball of the foot to take up a little room and make the shoes snugger.
As for the height...it takes a little getting used to, but being 5'12" myself I know that no matter what shoes you wear someone is going to stare as tall women are just a natural attraction. Be proud of your height and your beauty, stand tall and be confident. Nothing else matters.

shawn123
03-24-2013, 11:10 AM
There's a couple of things you can do. I find a lot of times shoes in the larger sizes don't come in 1/2 sizes, so you get the best fit you can and then start add-ing on. I've used heel pads, insole pads and even tissue-paper in the toe to make the shoe fit right. There was a you-tube video floating around a while back with a GG explainig how to make higher heels more comofortable. That's where I learned about the insole pad (makes you foot stay-put when wearing slippery hose) and the tissue-paper in the toe (especially if the shoe is really pointy).

Beverley Sims
03-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Wear a pair that fit comfortably to the event and change to others afterward.
Use some pad or adhesive to hold them in place.

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
You are already 6" tall so a couple more inches shouldn't matter, wear the shoes you like the most and have some fun. Then let us all know how it went.