PDA

View Full Version : Gifts from the Goddess

CDChloe1972
03-23-2013, 11:08 PM
As if I didn't need anymore of a sign. I've been feeling very maudlin about my recent separation and worried about the future when I happened to be going through the cupboards in my new apartment, when what should I find but a gorgeous pair of women's leather boots

How exquisite. They are a perfect fit. Like a piece of heaven sent just for me.

Has anyone else "found" any items of clothing either purchased or stumbled upon at a significant time in their life and they have seen it as a positive sign? Or negative?

I'd love to hear everyone else's stories.

Thanks

Chloe xx

Beverley Sims
03-24-2013, 11:35 AM
When my Grandmother died some years ago I found some clothes from a confiscated stash that was taken out of circulation years before

docrobbysherry
03-24-2013, 11:43 AM
That's what started me dressing! Women tenant's clothes that they left behind when they moved out.

Kate Simmons
03-24-2013, 12:38 PM
It's neat when that happens. I tend to use anything I come across to my advantage.When I find something usable, the wheels in my head start turning about how I can adapt it.Otherwise I pretty much have what I need to enjoy being myself.:)

Stephanie Miller
03-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Oh, good Lord yes! I see those signs all the time. Mostly when I'm at the mall though. And they're very explicet. Something in the way of "SALE" or "NEW FOR SPRING" :D
I just KNOW it was meant for me.

I Am Paula
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Oh, good Lord yes! I see those signs all the time. Mostly when I'm at the mall though. And they're very explicet. Something in the way of "SALE" or "NEW FOR SPRING" :D
I just KNOW it was meant for me.

I'll second that. Found some Ferragamo pumps just sitting there on a shelf in the store. I left a hefty donation with the sales associate just to feel better.

Jodi Anne
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Good find on some nice boots that are your size.
I will sometimes buy things and put the bag away somewhere, only to forget about until one day I look on top of a shelf or a hidden place and open the bag or box and feel like it's Christmas morning.

Maria 60
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
When I was younger in my part time stock boy days, the store was renovating the washrooms and they asked me to go give the washrooms a last cleaning and make sure no one had left anything behind and when I went to clean the women's washroom there was a plastic cloths bag hanging on a hook and when I opened it I found a skirt and when I went to see what kind of skirt and what size the skirt was that's when the jackpot hit, there was a slip under the skirt on the hanger, I couldn't believe my luck and I couldn't wait to get home and try it on, it was perfect. The next day a cashier had found out I was the last one to clean the washroom and she asked me if I had seen her slip that she had only found the skirt in the bag, I acted like I didn't know what she was talking about but she gave me this I don't believe you look, what a thrill. It was to bad I let it go in a purge. And by the way what a score with those boots, looks like someone upstairs is looking out for you.

CDChloe1972
03-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Oh I love the story about the wig and the slip. I've also found shoes in the park and pair of panties in the stairwell of my old apartment. I think for a CD those finds can mean a lot because until we're comfortable with buying stuff (even for our "imaginary" girlfriend.) they are like gifts because they take the awkwardness/shame/ embareasment out of buying them.
Anyway keep the stories coming. I love them!

Chloe

DonnaT
03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
When I was 9 or 10, I was relegated the task of cleaning out part of the basement and came across some old things of my mom's. I was a skinny kid and these clothes fit like a glove, so I know they were old. Don't know why I tried them on, but that started my joy of CDing.

libbyb
03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
I was 12 and went into the attic at my aunts house in the truck was a wonderful find of long line bras
Open. Bottom girdles and 3 of the old playtex rubber girdles. I was in heaven.