PDA

View Full Version : First time almost caught - breathing normally now

iGenny
03-24-2013, 02:20 PM
A couple of nights ago, I was dressed while my wife was at work. That night, I had my entire wardrobe out. It was getting close to quitting time, so I had stripped down to my bra, still wearing my skirt and sandals, to wash off my makeup. I took my first load of clothes down to the basement, still half un-dressed, when I heard the front door rattle. No, too early by a lot! Then the doorbell. Damn.

Popped the girls out, stripped off the bra, dumped the skirt, kicked off the sandals, and hid them under a tarp. Then the back door opened. I had left it unlocked. "Dad?" It was my daughter, stopping by to visit. I wrapped a sheet around me (I had finished all the laundry the day before, so nothing else was nearby). Shouted up to cover her eyes. I told her I had brought laundry down and decided to wash what I had on. OK, plausible. I got boy-dressed, said hi, and she went on the computer waiting for her mom to get home. That gave me a chance to walk everything else past her ("more laundry").

Whew. Until today, when I found the skirt near the laundry. I had missed it! I managed to hide that, and a good thing. My wife was actually planning to do the laundry. Whew.

Funny now, but a wee bit hectic then, and again this morning.

Rogina B
03-24-2013, 08:04 PM
As there have been a zillion posts like yours,I will repeat the reply that has been given a zillion times to it. "It is only a matter of WHEN you will get caught...not IF you are going to get caught". Consider our wisdom in saying this..

Sarah Doepner
03-24-2013, 08:07 PM
I had 3 or 4 close calls before I was finally discovered. I had hoped I was more cat-like and had 9 lives.

cdinmd206
03-24-2013, 08:07 PM
That sure will take a few years off your life

FelicityMay
03-24-2013, 08:09 PM
I have to admit that hiding it can be some of the most exciting parts to cross dressing :)
sure it terrifies the heck out of you, and you go crazy not to get caught, but it sorta feels awesome to be so sneaky without anyone else noticing!
At least i get a bit of a thrill out of it. Any time I buy things for myself, I can't just walk a bag of girls clothes through the house to my basement bedroom, so I tend to stick them in my window well and pull them through from the inside. I have come pretty close to being caught a few times too...

Leah Lynn
03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Not IF, but WHEN. Most of us have been there. It's part of the thrill, I think.

Leah

Maria 60
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
I have to admit that hiding it can be some of the most exciting parts to cross dressing :)
sure it terrifies the heck out of you, and you go crazy not to get caught, but it sorta feels awesome to be so sneaky without anyone else noticing!
At least i get a bit of a thrill out of it. Any time I buy things for myself, I can't just walk a bag of girls clothes through the house to my basement bedroom, so I tend to stick them in my window well and pull them through from the inside. I have come pretty close to being caught a few times too...

You know the saying, it's not the kill it's the thrill of the chase.

MissTee
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
My, that is scary. Nice recovery though.

My wife knows and supports, but not the kids. So far so good. Closest I've come to being discovered was my own fault. Was working on a business case from home in full Misty mode when the doorbell rang. Was so engrossed in my work I absent mindedly walked to the door, reached for the knob. Thank goodness for bright red polish! I noticed it on my fingernails just before I grabbed and turned the knob. I learned you can't get nail polish off in a hurry, and there's no way to hide the smell of acetone :)

All that said, I know the "when" is inevitable. Good luck!!

Rachelakld
03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Before I got "caught" I used to paint my daughters nails & toes, then do my own. I also used to wear leggings around the house (plain cotton or shinny lycra) saying how wonderfull and comfortable they are. One of my teens "borrowed" dads jumper so I borrowed her top.
So the "When being caught" occured, the girls were like "no surprises there, whats for dinner?"

FelicityMay
03-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Before I got "caught" I used to paint my daughters nails & toes, then do my own. I also used to wear leggings around the house (plain cotton or shinny lycra) saying how wonderfull and comfortable they are. One of my teens "borrowed" dads jumper so I borrowed her top.
So the "When being caught" occured, the girls were like "no surprises there, whats for dinner?"

hahaha, that is so cool!
I really hope that I can have a family like yours one day...

iGenny
03-25-2013, 05:39 AM
As there have been a zillion posts like yours,I will repeat the reply that has been given a zillion times to it. "It is only a matter of WHEN you will get caught...not IF you are going to get caught". Consider our wisdom in saying this..

Yes, I know....I've been thinking about how to tell (SO not likely) and what to say when (much more likely). That's part of the reason for trying to figure out my own personal 'why am I doing this' because that would be the wife's first question.

Beverley Sims
03-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Don't fret about it Genny, there will be other times and one day..........
I hope for your sake you are out before that day comes.

SandraInHose
03-25-2013, 08:11 PM
I also have been nearly caught by my kids too many times, and yes, it does take a few years off one's life! LOL

The first 'oops' with the wife was the time I left a black shaper slip out with my work clothes. She decided to do laundry, picked up my pile, and lo and behold, the next thing you know I'm getting a call at work accusing me of cheating on her! She thought it belonged to another woman, and I'm trying to explain to her that it is actually mine, all the while trying to keep hushed tones while I'm sitting at my desk. (This was before cell phones, otherwise I'd have stepped outside).

We talked when I got home, and although she was relieved it didn't belong to another woman, she was stunned that I was the one wearing it. Oddly enough, she pushed that out of her mind (denial?) until the big 'moment of discovery' several years later. Then she started putting other clues together that she had filed away in the back of her mind.

PaulaQ
03-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes, I know....I've been thinking about how to tell (SO not likely) and what to say when (much more likely). That's part of the reason for trying to figure out my own personal 'why am I doing this' because that would be the wife's first question.

Do you think, perhaps, that on some level you may want to be caught? It would force the issue, and while it would be unpleasant, possibly, at least you wouldn't have to bring the topic up - it'd be right there, uh literally up front.

Of course, in general, doing this while hiding it exposes you to some risk, and yours was pretty minimal. (Compare with threads where the OP is like "I was out half dressed, in my neighborhood, and I think someone recognized me" Gee, ya think so?)

edit: lest I sound holier than thou -

I've almost been caught a couple of times. The last time, I was only wearing a garter belt and stockings, and doing something else I am less comfortable about talking about. I'd stripped and put the garments away in a bag, but I was still in the bathroom, washing up some, well, toys. My wife just opens the bathroom door - it's about 2:30AM, and she's sick at her stomach. I tell her to wait a minute, and I quickly dress, and go find her some medicine. I guess she really was half asleep, and not feeling well, because she's never said anything about why I was pretty much totally naked in the downstairs bathroom, and I feel fairly certain that the item I was putting away would've elicited comment.

She's never said anything more about it, and I think she probably would've - because my wife is not a "let's pretend that didn't happen" kind of a girl. She's much more "let's get this out."

It's really only a matter of time before I'm caught though. It should've been that last time.

Stevie
03-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Yep close calls make dressing exciting. Gave myself a couple of those heat attacks. Not funny at the time, but looking back yea it was.

SandraInHose
03-25-2013, 08:36 PM
I know your question about wanting to be caught wasn't directed at me, Paula, but my wife said the same thing after my secret was out. She thought the thrill of getting caught was a main incentive for my dressing, but I told her with 100% certainty that it most definitely was NOT part of the equation.

For me, there never was that extra thrill of (almost) getting caught, and if anything, my constant checking the driveway and keeping my ears pealed for any sounds of someone coming home actually detracted from the experience of being dressed.

RenneB
03-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Oh, I too have had a close call or two.... part of me thinks that it's my inner Renne trying to let the secret out while the other side strives so hard to keep it hidden. Yea, I'm a little compartmentalized like that.

I soon learned that I should keep a quick change of boy clothes in the basement, justin case. I've also learned to be able to hear the engine of the SOs car coming up the driveway. On more than one occasion I've had to sprint up the stairs past the glass front door (peeking out quickly to see her getting out of the car) then up the stairs to the shower. Toss everything Renne-like under the sink and take a shower to clear makeup, etc off. Phew... another close one.

Thanks for sharing the experience.....

Renne.....

PaulaQ
03-25-2013, 08:56 PM
@Sandra

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm naturally sneaky, but I hate it and find it to be stressful. Worrying about being caught is a buzz-kill, to put it mildly.

Despite that, I think part of me is trying to get caught. I don't like that, but I'm not all the way in control, either.