PDA

View Full Version : CD shopping open house

suzanne
03-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Some time ago, I read a post about how someone had arranged for a particular clothing store to be open after hours for a CD shopping event. As I recall, it was said to be well attended and successful.

Has there ever been any such event in the Vancouver, BC area? If so, can anyone tell me how successful it was? Would it be worthwhile to attempt to organize one?

Diane Smith
03-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Here in the U.S. Midwest, Dressbarn stores do this on a regular basis -- they even have pre-printed forms and instructions on their website about how to set up an after-hours "Friends and Family" event for any special group. Everybody gets a gift and a discount on anything they buy, and the organizer gets a somewhat bigger discount. They lay out drinks and snacks and sometimes will invite a special guest like a makeup artist. I don't think this program was set up specifically to cater to CD groups, but it works well for us, and I've been to two such events in the last couple of years. They were fun but, alas, somewhat sparsely attended -- this was our group's fault, not due to any lack of attention from the store manager and SAs. Obviously, the SAs were aware in advance of the nature of our group and I suspect anyone who had a problem with it was excused for that night.

I don't know if you have Dressbarn stores up there but that would certainly be a place to start if you do. I'm sure other stores would be willing to sponsor similar events if you could guarantee a reasonable level of participation, but the Dressbarn folks already have it down to a science (and corporate policy).

- Diane

Beverley Sims
03-25-2013, 04:02 AM
I have been in fashion shows years ago that catered for a similar clientele.
It stemmed from the fact that I modeled for a fashion boutique for charity and some CDer's made inquiries at the shop during the day and bought clothing from a supposedly CD friendly store.

Brantill
03-25-2013, 05:31 AM
Shopping are always interesting however it is for any purpose .I am always enjoyed bras shopping and love to spend my free time in shopping . Shopping is an easy way of entertaining for me and provide me a good time to spend with my friends .

Cheryl T
03-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Our Tri-Ess group does that regularly at Dress Barn.
They are very open to us and very helpful. Each time it's been wonderful to have the store to ourselves so that some of the girls who don't usually go out in public could enjoy that moment, shop in comfort and try on garments prior to buying. Sometimes this is a new experience for them and certainly one they don't forget.