PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Experience

Barbara Maria
03-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Hi,all.Barbara here.Had a powerful experience tonight and just had to share.I just got a lovely new dress from Lane Bryant,and it's just beautiful.Fits me perfectly.Even makes me look like I have hips.So I got done up and,looking at myself in the mirror,started crying uncontrolably.It went on for about five minutes.Not about anything particular,and not in a bad way.Maybe I was touched by the image in the mirror or something,I don't know,but it was a major outpour of emotions.After I was done,I fixed my makeup and felt wonderful,like someone lifted a huge rock off my back.I never felt so feminine and so at peace.It was a lovely experience.just wondered if anyone can relate.XO Barbara

Persephone
03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
I can relate. I know that feeling.

Hugs,
Persephone.

PaulaQ
03-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Barbara, I can relate to this. It is like you finally see yourself in the mirror - for real, as if you've been wearing a costume or disguise for your entire life, but now, you see the real you. At least that's what it was like for me.

Beverley Sims
03-25-2013, 06:11 AM
It is another of those first time experiences that some of us have, especially if we feel and look good.

Kate Simmons
03-25-2013, 07:22 AM
As you have experienced Hon, deep feelings are what drive us to do what we do and be who we are. Enjoy being yourself.:battingeyelashes::)

Laura912
03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Been there. Done that. Got the bra to prove it. It happened with a new wig.

suzy1
03-25-2013, 08:45 AM
What a wonderful side we have to our lives Barbara.

All the years I have been dressing and the feeling has never worn off.:)

BLUE ORCHID
03-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi Barb, Crossdressing without a mirror is like a day without sunshine.

Sally24
03-25-2013, 10:04 AM
I've had those moments. They can sneak up on you. Sometimes it's just the realization that you can be more than you thought. Or maybe pure joy at seeing what you've dreamed of for years. Cherish these times.

Sarah Doepner
03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
I'd been to my first Diva Las Vegas and had gone out in public and met other crossdressers face to face for the first time. On the long drive home I was listening to comic on the stereo and I laughed at one of his jokes. Before long I had to pull to the side of the road because all the pent up emotions began flooding out and I was crying and unable to safely drive. It didn't take a mirror, but none the less, the emotions were there and ready for me to experience them. I'd just been holding the back. That was the moment I knew I'd not be turning my back on crossdressing.

Barbara Maria
03-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts.It's great to have friends like you to share these things with.Today I feel like I've been reborn.Think I'll wear that same beautiful dress tonight.If I ever figure out how this thing works I'll post some pictures with it on(I'm computer illiterate)XO Barbara

DianeDeBris
03-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Crossdressing without a mirror is like a day without sunshine.

And a day without sunshine is like night.

MissTee
03-25-2013, 10:58 PM
I've never had a crying experience, but lots of deep sigh ones. Especially on those occasions I sleep with my forms in, wake up and have that first cup of coffee in my nightie and wig, stare at my painted nails. Deep, deep sigh.

docrobbysherry
03-25-2013, 11:18 PM
For me it's a bit different. I want to see a woman that is NOT ME in any way!

Crying when I see her is the LAST thing on my mind! Jumping up and down and cheering would be more like it!

Suzanne F
03-26-2013, 12:16 PM
It was so emotional the first time I saw Suzanne. I am adopted and it was like seeing what my mother may have looked like. It was also so touching to see the girl that I knew was inside me. I totally cried with my wife and it continues to touch me every time I dress.
Suzanne

Ms. Laura
03-26-2013, 03:25 PM
I know that feeling too. It's like a tumbler in a lock that falls into place and you realize something about yourself. I get wistful, happy, but a little sad as well for what might have been. It happened when I got my blonde wig.

(Which come to think of it helps me definitively anser a wig question I'd posted a while ago, so thank you!)