PDA

View Full Version : Ankles

Valerie Louise
03-25-2013, 10:06 PM
I know that women have supporting joint tissues which are less tight than men. I have worn heels a lot, and frequently adopt the yoga "hero's pose" in an effort to stretch the front of my ankles so that they bend backwards, as most women can do naturally.
I've improved the range of motion, but seem to have hit a wall and the best I can muster in my 5 inch heels is a straight foreleg to foot line ... if I step the foot forward the toe comes up.
Anyone find a way to increase the range of motion of the ankle?

docrobbysherry
03-25-2013, 10:48 PM
I think I know what u mean, Rikki. U clunk your spike heels down first when u walk? I did that so much when I first began wearing 4" and 5" heels, I kept destroying the rubber tips. I started buying replacement tips by the package. And, that was when I never went out of the house when I dressed!

Now, many years later, I've walked miles in those same heels in an evening or a day. I've learned to hit the ground with my heel and toe at about the same instant. And, I haven't had to replace a tip in years!

Stretching may help, but NOTHING beats practice!

Beverley Sims
03-26-2013, 11:53 AM
You need to practice, practice and then practice even more.

JoanAz
03-26-2013, 12:02 PM
I have made & used a "modified lader" 4 inches wide and 24 inches long padded rungs to hold the foot "enpoint" if i can find a link i will post it..
(((HUGGS))))