PDA

View Full Version : Family shocker

Allison Chaynes
03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
I was going through some very old photos my parents had and found a picture they could not explain of my very conservative grandfather crossdressed in the 1950's. I am guessing it was one of those womanless beauty review kind of things because it looked like it was supposed to be funny.

I showed it to the wife, and of course the response was,"We know where you get it from then, don't we?"

STACY B
03-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey back then you had to take what you could get !! What ever worked ??

Beverley Sims
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
I have seen many skeletons in the cupboard exposed, do not change your feelings towards these skeletons if they are innocuous enough.
I feel sorry for those that discover more insidious skeletons though.

NV Susan
03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
I've always wondered if anyone in my family cross dressed....:daydreaming:

sandra-leigh
03-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I wandered across a photo of one of my great-uncles cross-dressed, as part of entertaining. I inquired and was told that Yes, he did it just for laughs, but the wording of the responses suggested that it wasn't uncommon for him (but the people I was corresponding with didn't think of "cross-dressing" as such); also I could see from the pictures that his wife was a fairly different size...

Michelle55
03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm sure my dad dresses, but we've never had that conversation. I saw him wearing stockings under his farmer's overalls many times. After a family gathering at my neice's, he left early as was typical. I needed to drop off something at his house when I headed home and he was on the couch in femmy satin PJs at 4 in the afternoon. 15 years ago he used to sit on the couch in boxers and undershirt so the satin clothes were very much out of character for him as a guy.

I've also seen silicone enhancers, a wig, my mothers old shoes modified to accept a larger foot, etc.

Allison Chaynes
03-26-2013, 07:14 PM
I have seen many skeletons in the cupboard exposed, do not change your feelings towards these skeletons if they are innocuous enough.
I feel sorry for those that discover more insidious skeletons though.

Being descended from Scottish horse thieves, political prisoners and well poisoners, I think seeing Grandpa in drag is kids stuff!

Melissa73
03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't know for certain, but ive heard through the family grapevine that my dad also dresses. it is kinda nice knowing im not the only one :)

melissa

andrea lace
03-27-2013, 04:03 AM
I was on a British Army exercise in Germany winter 1989. The whole of the Army were cross dressers that year. Most wore tights under there uniform as it was minus 15 degrees centigrade that year bloody freezing. Our regimental shop the NAFI sold out of tights that year.

Chiana
03-27-2013, 04:40 AM
I know my cousin was kicked out of the service because he was gay. There were always family rumors and whispers about his father (my dads brother). AFAIK there were never any similar rumors about my dad. But when I was fairly young, I noticed that many of his personal belongings tended to start acquiring a pink tint to them. When I asked him about it his response was kind of awkward but he said he had a skin condition that caused that to happen. I never connected the dots. But in later life, after he had passed away, I started to wonder.