PDA

View Full Version : Met en femme with my therapist for the first time

PaulaQ
03-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Although only by skype (my car is still in the shop), she was able to see me in my wig, makeup, forms, dress - I was fully dressed. I've never shown myself to someone like that.

I was surprised, other than being a little nervous before hand about wanting my makeup to be straight (I fail at eyeliner), this was no big deal.

It felt great to be seen by another person, live. (Well, almost live I guess.) I wasn't self-conscious at all - I felt perfectly natural. I felt really happy too - she noticed that.

She did tell me that it was a LOT easier to call me "Paula" when I presented as female. Male me doesn't look much like a Paula, I guess. :)

She liked my dress, she said. She was a little surprised it was so short. She complimented my wig (which is nice I think), and my makeup. (We'll give credit for that to the low resolution of skype, lol, I have lots to learn about makeup!)

I'm really happy this afternoon - I feel fantastic! :)

NurseSamGG
03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Paula,

This is great news, baby steps my dear. But fact of the matter is you are doing it, and it's making you feel good!

Xoxo...Sam

Beverley Sims
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
It is easier for a therapist to judge the true you after seeing you in both modes.
They can see and note any change in mannerisms and physical presentation.

PaulaQ
03-26-2013, 02:42 PM
She told me I seemed a lot happier - and it's true!

traci_k
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Oh Paula, I am so happy for you that it went well!
Your post is so - bubbly. I can tell how happy you are! Way to go Girl!
Hugs & XXXXs