PDA

View Full Version : have you accidentally gone out dressed?

FelicityMay
03-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I know it can be easy to get so comfortable in drag that you forget you are even wearing any.
have you ever forgotten you had something on and gone out in public like that?
did you feel embarrassed and try to hide it, or did you just say to heck with it, play it off cool.
I love hearing funny experiences from the members here!

PS. 100 forum posts already :)

Asp
03-27-2013, 08:41 AM
I once went to work with makeup still on....that was entertaining. Had to come out to my employees. To be honest, they liked me even more!

Ashlyn Brooke
03-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Two of my coworkers are gay and know that I dress but have never seen me that way. Last weekend I was off so I took one of them a coke and told him to come outside to get it. Only I was totally dressed femme. He almost fainted he was so happy, LOL. Anyway as he took his smoke break we were talking and a female coworker came out for hers and when I revealed myself, her reaction was priceless. She couldn't believe what she was seeing, and then said I looked great, and she wanted my earrings. We worked together the next night and not one awkward word was said.

Beverley Sims
03-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Drove across town with makeup on.
Nobody noticed as I was dressed a little androgynously.
My hair was styled in a short wrap around style.

joank
03-27-2013, 12:59 PM
I ave left my female glasses on and some make-up. No reactions.

~Joanne~
03-27-2013, 01:03 PM
I always leave dressed, it's against the law not to lol so no accident there ;) For the record I also don't do drag ;) Now that my horseplay is done lol I have never left accidentally with anything on, it's always been on purpose ;)

Sandra1746
03-27-2013, 01:06 PM
I have gone out to local hardware stores wearing colorful yoga tops. The first time was an "accident" as I had to make a quick run out in the middle of mowing grass. Since I got no reaction at all I now don't pay the tops any attention at all.

I dress in 'plain fem' attire nearly every day and have never had anyone make any remarks or even notice, at least that I noticed. Most folks just worry about themselves, not others.

Jest be comfortable,
Sandra1746

cathie pantyhose
03-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I answered the door while wearing a pair of pantyhose, skort and a jog bra following a run on the treadmill one day. Nails were painted a soft pink too. It was the UPS guy, he didn't say anything. Never saw that drive again though in our neighborhood after that.....

LSL_Dee
03-27-2013, 01:29 PM
:D Is it really ever and "accident"

Jessica Keys
03-27-2013, 01:38 PM
I had a appointment to have me car serviced at 2 PM. I drove over to the place and the guy opened the big overhead door and I drove in for the oil change.
I noticed he smiled as I told him what I wanted and then wehn into the waiting room and the little gal at the desk told me my car was done and again i saw she had a big smile on her face as I paid.
Drove back to my condo and looked at the hall way mirror as I walked in and there was my hoop ear rings still in my ears.
Now some guys wear little studs in their ears but not two inch gold hoops. Just shows how use to something you get.

Kate Simmons
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your view point) I always know exactly how I look before going any where, so when I go somewhere dressed up, it's intentional.:)

Sissy_Michelle
03-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Not fully dressed, no. I have only fully dressed perhaps a handful of times, and only one of those times were to a costume party so I don't really count that. However I have found myself at Walmart or at the Mall realizing that I was still wearing bra, panties, and slip. I was caught a couple of times mostly by women, but I just shyly put whatever I had down, and just went home. No one had laughed nor given me dirty looks, and thinking back I should have stayed. I guess I was overwhelmed by embarrassment and just did the first thing that came to mind.

:-)

Jenni Yumiko
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah I went to the store with the remnants of eye makeup on. The clerk asked if I had makeup on, I said I passed out and my friends messed with me. :-(

AngelaSmith
03-27-2013, 04:21 PM
I haven't yet but that's my worst fear!

Caroline-Grant
03-27-2013, 04:29 PM
I came home wearing eyeliner (thinking that I'd removed my makeup well) I was threatened for the next month or so. My mother didn't want to make a big deal out of it, my brothers didn't notice, but my father threatened to drop me off at a homeless shelter. I wouldn't do well homeless so I've kept things on the down low lately. I still went out dressed a couple times but I was really careful. I probably need some good makeup remover.

lyndancgal3
03-27-2013, 05:52 PM
One evening years ago, I had to run out to my car. I totally forgot i had my jeans tucked into knee boots. Remembered it as i walked up the stairs just before i got to my car. I was getting my bag out of the car as a neighbor pulled in the parking lot. I sat the bag down in front of my boots. They never noticed what i had on behind the bag.

MsCheri
03-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Way back in the day, forgot I had light eye makeup on and went out for coffee - didn't understand the quizzical looks by the clerk at Starbucks until I got home....no I feel weird without it :)

AllieSF
03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Not with clothes but with painted toe nails. I did my usual morning run to Starbuck's for my caffeine fix, and as I looked down at my feet, I noticed that I wore flip flops, my normal warm weather shoes, and that my pretty painted toe nails were right there staring back up at me. I took a big gulp of air and walked slowly and directly to my car, went home and changed my shoes. I was really lucky that day because everyone there knows me, except that morning.

Jenniferathome
03-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Felicity, have you ever walked out of the house naked on accident? No. The reason is we are taught to cover up. Boy clothes for boys, girl clothes for girls. And that education is so well ingrained, you wont make a "mistake." Now, makeup or nail polish is a different matter. We men tend to not look at ourselves in guy mode. That is a slip that is very doable. Nail polish on toes is really easy to forget.

ArleneRaquel
03-27-2013, 06:50 PM
I have gone outside fully enfemme, but without my wig. This outing was about turn on a water hose early on a Sunday morning. YIKES !

Cindia
03-27-2013, 07:00 PM
PS. 100 forum posts already :)

Hey this is my 100th post now also. Took me 4 years though. Now who do we talk to about the free pair of panties that come with your 100th post?

krisinpink
03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Myself, I've nearly left the house with jewelry still on. Beyond that, one time many years ago at work, a GG clerk I worked with and got along great with, asked me, "whats with the make-up?" This was Monday morning, and I'd been dressing that weekend, and evidently didn't get it all washed off...I panicked just a little, and responded simply, "It was a hell of a party!" Nothing more came of that.

SandraInHose
03-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I rarely wear makeup but one time I evidently didn't succeed at removing all of my eyeliner. Went to the gym, worked out, came home and my wife (who had since got home from work) did a double-take when I walked in the door. (This was long before my wife knew of my 'hobby'.)
I quickly came up with a good excuse...told her we were working in the industrial part of town that day and a lot of grit and soot in the air. I hate lying but that was my only option...trust me.

More recently, since I wear pantyhose (with my gym shorts & T-shirt) around the house whenever I can, I sometimes forget I have them on. I have stepped out dozens of times to get something out of my truck or get the newspaper or just step out for some fresh air. I always wear suntan hose, so one would have to look closely to tell I'm wearing them from a distance, and since nobody would ever expect such a thing, they probably wouldn't notice. Haven't so far anyway.

Jessica Who
03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
I've never done that but I've had dreams where this happened :)

Jorja
03-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Now there is a subject for a video!

Rachel Morley
03-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Like Jessica (post #10) i have left in my earrings once (mine were large-ish) gold studs and then went to work. I've done that twice now. The only other time I can recall is when I went out with a top that showed I was wearing a bra. I underdress all the time and so wear a bra every day. Normally in the summer I wear loose dark t shirts but when at home I wear fitted femme style tees that so show the outline of a bra to a greater or lesser extent. It was one of these that I wore out to the grocery store for an errand.

Maria 60
03-27-2013, 08:35 PM
I walked to my car and when I was getting in I glazed in mirror and noticed I was still wearing my loop earrings.

TeresaCD
03-27-2013, 09:17 PM
I am out to my wife but not my sons.
I am getting better at covering up my toenails and hairless body (when I have it)
They are observant, so I need to be vigilant.
Every now and then I forget as I walk down the passage..

Jilmac
03-27-2013, 09:40 PM
I've never accidently gone out dressed, I'll only go out dressed on purpose.

Rebecca Leslie
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
It's happen on purpose a few times. And accidentally maybe twice in 7th grade I went to use the restroom in the middle of second period to find that the pair of panties that I'd been underdressing with the night before we're still in one of my pants legs (I guess this wasn't really crossdressing as I was not properly wearing the panties which I threw away upon discovering)
The second time was when my wife came home famished and wanted to go out to a local bar and grill for dinner I had yanked on pants upon hearing the garage door go up and ended up wearing panties out to dinner.

CarleyR
03-27-2013, 11:29 PM
It has happened many times. I will be just going with the flow and end up, without thinking, dressed, sometimes fully, sometimes partly, in public -- with friends, family, or even business associates watching. After I am out, and there is no real turning back, it comes to me, "What am I doing, going out dressed in front of my closest friends and family who didn't know about my crossdressing???" A shiver goes up my spine as I realize what trouble I have gotten myself into. Then, luckily, I wake up.

FelicityMay
03-27-2013, 11:36 PM
yea i have to admit, ive never accidentally gone out while dressed, except in dreams...
i have been taking baby steps in wearing femme clothing while in male mode though, hopefully i can do it all the time and not feel afraid if i accidentally do it :)

Paula DAngelo
03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
I've never done it by accident but i have gone out in male mode with makeup, painted nails, women's jeans, top, and shoes or any combination of those. I guess I'm at the point that I don't care what others think (other than my girl friend) and I'm going to dress how I like.

sexyleather24
05-20-2013, 09:05 AM
I havent yet but very scary thought it is

Nikki A.
05-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Only time I did it accidentally was that I had a star shaped stud earring on and walked into work with it. I had my normal stud in the other ear. Don't know if anyone noticed but nothing was ever said.
Other than that, whenever I have worn something I know that I have and it's my decision.

Tracii G
05-20-2013, 09:32 AM
To the poster that said they had a slip on................did you have pants on at the time how does that work?

linda allen
05-20-2013, 09:45 AM
I was underdressed once (wearing panties and a bra) and wearing a tee shirt. I realized towards the end of the day that the bra was pretty visible through the tee shirt from the back. Of well! At least I was a hundred miles from home and among strangers.

I once went to see the chiropractor forgetting that I was wearing a bra. I realized it in time, went into the restroom, took it off and stuffed it into my pocket, then went out to the car and left it there.

I once let the termite guy into the back yard and talked to him for a few minutes accidentally wearing a pretty feminine emerald ring.

As I get older and bolder, I'm sure something will eventually happen that will embarass me.

scarlett
05-20-2013, 09:51 AM
I came home wearing eyeliner (thinking that I'd removed my makeup well) I was threatened for the next month or so. My mother didn't want to make a big deal out of it, my brothers didn't notice, but my father threatened to drop me off at a homeless shelter. I wouldn't do well homeless so I've kept things on the down low lately. I still went out dressed a couple times but I was really careful. I probably need some good makeup remover.

" I've kept things on the down low lately"

You might want to research that term before using it.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Last summer on a hot day I was wearing a pair of capri denims, my pink flip-flops, and a guy T-shirt. My mother in law happened to stop by and my wife greeted her out on the deck where they sat down to chat. Not thinking I walked out the door to sit and chat too. About a minute into the conversation I said to myself, "OH SH**!" A couple minutes later I went back in pretending nothing was different. After my M-I-L left, I apologized to my wife. She said, "What's done is done." Since then, maybe two months ago, I had a conversation with my sister-in-law. SIL told me, "Hell, we knew you liked to dress-up before you guys got married. Big deal!"

My wife and I have been married about 20 years and still puzzled how they found out.

Cheryl

Allison Chaynes
05-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I have gone to check my mail while dressed and stopped myself halfway through the yard. I regularly wear women's shorts and capris and will check the mail while wearing them. And up until a few weeks ago, I thought my backyard was pretty much privacy central, until my neighbor asked me last week about the dress I was wearing while gardening... Oops.

Jennifer529
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
:) Yes a few days ago,my dog was "hounding" me to go out,so without even thinking grabbed the leash and out we went.
I was wearing a cowl neck sweater dress w/black tights (still chilly here in the evening).
Next door neighbour was getting home,he said "hello",I said hi that was that.

ninadiva
05-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Many years ago my neighbour at that time knocked on my door. I caled to him that i was getting out of bath and would go around to his house in a little while. So I got changed except for the pretty blue bow in my long pony-tail that i had forgotten. I did not realise until i got back to my house. I dont think he noticed unless when i turned to walk away. Nothing was said. I have, as others have said, had dreams and nightmares about being out dressed. The first time I dreamt i had arrived at my parents house wearing my favourite red skirt over my drab clothes.

Annaliese2010
05-20-2013, 02:56 PM
...have you ever forgotten you had something on and gone out in public like that?No, not forgetting to redress for my male work day. But on a few occasions forgot to remove eye liner. Got more attention from women throughout the day which was cool. Didn't know why till I got back home and noticed it in the mirror. Other than that, was no biggie, though I shant repeat the mistake (mis-take), not purposely anyways.

Laura28
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
only happened to me once so far, iwas out of town on buisness, had a wonderful night all dressed up. Had an early flight so showered the night before to get all the make up off. Got up showered again checked my face, all was good not a single trace of makeup, got dressed headed to the airport. Got up to security putting my stuff in the bins took off my shoes and had a nice hole in my socks, wasnt there in the AM but was now and sticking out of that hole was a nice red shiny toe.. I said to my self to late and just went through with it, i know some people noticed becuase they looked down and and then at me and smiled. Now i always make it a point to go to the bathroom before security and check my socks

Lori31
05-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Years ago I was at home messing around with some makeup and stuff. Then I went to the corner store. When I got home I realized I had bright blue eyeliner on.

MssHyde
05-20-2013, 05:38 PM
I had a girlfriend that used to fix me up, makeup perms set or high light my hair etc.

one day I left late and went to local hang out I didn't see I had makeup on till I got home, I forgot all about it.

no body said a word about it. I had long hair at the time it was curled (body waves)

Vanessa5
05-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I went to work one day with nail polish (of the very red variety) and had some traces of eye liner still on. Thank god that I was a painter at the time, and shoved my hands in some solvent before anyone noticed.

Miriam-J
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
My son, not CD as far as I know, let his girlfriend do his nails last night. He did a quick cleaning before meeting me for lunch today, but some of the hot pink still showed on the edges. He doesn't know about my CDing yet, but I started advising him on how hard it is to get those edges and corners - then thought of what he must think about my knowledge on the subject. Of course, he has seen my toenails done once when I absentedmindedly took a sock off for him to borrow at a shoe store. These things happen ...

Miriam

VAWyman
05-20-2013, 06:54 PM
One time I went to the mall still wearing pink lipstick. Wondered why everyone was staring. Oh well, I learned that I wouldn't die if I outed myself. In retrospect a big confidence builder.

Dianne S
05-20-2013, 08:40 PM
I have never gone out accidentally cross-dressed. However, I wear women's jeans all the time and no-one has really noticed. (Well, my daughter did and I said yeah, it's easier to find women's jeans that fit me than men's. (I'm only 5'2"))

Lately, I've been experimenting with wearing mascara at work. No-one has commented so I'm not sure if anyone has noticed.

FelicityMay
05-23-2013, 11:55 AM
I had a recent experience where I got dressed up to go out one afternoon, and had to come home to change so i could go visit my parents (who have always been very against my CDing). i guess i didnt wash out the eyeliner well enough, because my parents asked if i was not getting enough sleep, because my eyes looked dark. i just played it off like that and they didnt seem to expect any more :heehee:

HarleyGirl
05-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I can honestly say on accident no. On purpose yes

Nyla F
05-23-2013, 09:46 PM
I was in a hurry one morning and just grabbed the first pair of pants from my side of the closet. I noticed something a little off about the fit, they were just a little shorter than normal and the pockets weren't as deep. My wife was in the room as I dressed and I mentioned these things to her but I didn't think much of it. Soon after arriving at work I head into a bathroom stall, drop my pants, then notice the women's brand and size tag! They were my wife's "boyfriend khakis", designed to look like men's pants. Suddenly I notice the details that indicate these are womens pants. I then realize I have meetings to go to and I have to stand in front of my coworkers and there is no time to go home and change (I have a long commute). I was terrified of being caught, but got through the day without anyone noticing (that I could tell). I told my wife what happened, she knows I CD and does not approve but I think realized this was not intentional and she didn't make a big deal about it. I never saw her wear those pants, she must have tossed them out after seeing me wear them.

MaryAnn40c
05-23-2013, 09:46 PM
nope I always go out dressed in some kind of women's clothing....bra,forms,jeans...ect

jim1991
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
I will get dressed up and then all of a sudden the damn dog wants to start losing his mind so I grabbed his leash. Right before I opened the door I realized I was dressed and my roommate doesn't know I CD along with everyone else except my GF. I would never go out dressed it is just a bad idea at least where I am now.

MissTee
05-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Booked a last minute deep tissue massage late on a Friday afternoon. Headed there directly from the office, arrived only a few short minutes early. In the dressing room changed into the spa robe, then took off my socks. Oops!! Toes a pretty red. Put socks back on, and slipped on the slippers, went into the relaxation room. Oops number two. They come in with the tub to pre soak my feet in the relaxation room. So awkward at first, but all the staff girls were cool and fortunately it was a slow day and I was alone in the realx room. Massage therapist never said a word. It was no less embarrassing. Oh well.

natalie_cheryl
05-24-2013, 05:35 AM
i went to the airport to pick up my wife from a business trip i had been dressed all day and forgot to take off my make up so there i was sittin in the baggage claim at logan in guy mode except for my FACE! needless to say it was an interesting ride home

ErikaNielsen
05-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Last year, major accident, broke my back, emergency back surgery, in pre-op, during prep, nurse notices my bright red toe nail and says:" nice nail color, and don't worry, we are non judgemental in this department".

UPS dude rings door bell; I am fully dressed. I open door, sign his electric clipboard. He smiled, and said: "You have a beautiful day, Miss" Box was coming from Glamour Boutique.....

I have many more little stories of the sort....all very interesting.

jsunic_1978
05-26-2013, 10:08 PM
hummm, :) guess societies really starting to come around. its no big deal at ALL weomen are tom boys, drives pick up trucks and are mechanics LONG AS THE JOBS DONE RIGHT LOL LOL ;) As guy, no make up, wig etc im always in women's Nikes, just the classic basic ugg boots, women's jeans ( no bling) and sometimes a hoodie I LOVE HOODIES, super super light and soft :)
I just ABSOLUTLEY HATE when women refer me as HIM!!! well they know me both ways where I buy my clothes and I never have corrected them, but HELLO..... im presenting as female mode

VERY VERY TRUE DAWN :) about the fit in women's jeans. In guy mode, I wear 32/34 IMPOSSIBLE SIZE TO FIND! I just get 34/36 that run smaller and bely of course :) womes size 11 PERFECT FIT every time :) I go out everyday as jeff, just wearing pink tennishoes, womens jeans. If people do noticed, im sure they assume I ACCITENTLY put on my girlfriends clothes :)