PDA

View Full Version : attaching forms

Marsha Riley
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
OK, help this girl out. Do I spray the medical glue on the form - on the chest - or both? How long after spraying before I can attach?

Jenni Yumiko
03-28-2013, 05:54 PM
haha, at first I thought this was how to embed JSON or javascript into a web page... wrong forums :-)
Spray on the form, let it get tacky then apply to your chest.

Michelle James
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
I you go to Janet's closet web site http://www.janetscloset.comshe has a video of just how to do that. The few times I tried it it works perfectly even for my size 13's

Cheryl T
03-29-2013, 02:45 AM
If you're using the Hollister's spray I used to spray just the form and then wait about 5 minutes. Then I would slip on my bra with the straps down, lie on the bed and position the forms and slip up my straps. Then I'd lay there about 5 mins letting the adhesive set. After that the forms would easily stay on for a day or two, even with showering.

Nicole Brown
03-29-2013, 09:41 AM
I have found a slight variation to the method already discussed which I use whenever I am attaching my forms. Of course, for best adhesion you will want to ensure a hair free chest which has been cleansed with an alcohol wipe and allowed to dry. Also ensure that the back side of your form is clean and that all previous residue has been removed.

After spraying the Hollister adhesive on the back of the form, take each form, one at a time, and press it against the area of the chest it is to be attached to. Move it around a little bit in a circular motion to share the adhesive with the skin. Now, remove the form, put it down and allow the adhesive to set for about 3 minutes.

While waiting for the adhesive to set, put on your bra and adjust it to where you would normally wear it however, do not put on the straps. One at a time, place the forms in the cup of your bra, slip your arm into the strap and pull the strap up your arm while holding the form away from your chest. Finally, and very carefully, align the form to its location and angle and press it to the skin. Take special care when attaching the form as it will adhere instantly and you will not be able to adjust it or easily remove it.

Using this method, I have attached my forms and they have remained in place for up to a week.

Laura28
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi All, i finally purchased some forms as well and the medical spray. I havent yet tried the glue yet but do want to try it. However i hear some say it will last for a couple days? My questions is to you lady who have been doing this for a while is there any method to remove them. It sounds like it they really stayed glue on pretty good but when the time comes to remove them is it like removing a band aid? i would think if you pulled them off to hard you might damage the form or remove skin? Any thoughts or tips for removing them? Thanks

Renee
03-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi Mary, the sight from Michelle's post is a great video on attaching the forms. As Nicole mentioned make sure that the forms are clean and dry. btw message me girl.

Ashlyn Brooke
03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi all, I hope I can help with this one as I have experience as a nurse attaching devices to patients. What the breast form stores don't sell is a crucial item. You need "Skin Prep Wipes" that you can get at medical supply stores and some independent pharmacies that sell OSTOMY supplies. These are used to "prep" the skin for attachment of ostomy bags, usually to the abdomen area if you aren't familiar with them. I pre-set my forms on my chest and placed a couple of small dots with a ink pen as a guide to placement. Using 2-3 per side wipe your chest around the nipple big enough to cover where the form will go. Spray the back of your form with the "Medical Adhesive" and allow to dry for about 5 to 10 minutes. Now, very precisely place the forms per your guide marks and press on. They should be firmly attached now as the skin prep also made you chest very tacky for the adhesive but it protects the skin also. Put on your bra and enjoy. As for removal, you should use "Medical Adhesive Remover Wipes" also purchased when you got the skin prep wipes. Starting at one edge, rub the wipes back and forth as you gently begin pulling away the form until it is completely off. Use more wipes to remove all adhesive from the back of your forms and leave them clean for their next use. Hope this helps everyone. XOXO

Renee
03-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Excellent information Ashlyn. Thanks

Laura28
03-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks Ashyln, i have both types of wipes and will do as you say. Cant wait to try it.

Beverley Sims
03-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Both the chest and the form.
Let it dry, a little tacky and then fit the form.
Just like using contact cement.
Usually sticks very well when done properly.
If you have hairs on your chest, ooowwww, when disengaging same.
Enjoy.

prene
03-29-2013, 04:37 PM
If you're using the Hollister's spray I used to spray just the form and then wait about 5 minutes. Then I would slip on my bra with the straps down, lie on the bed and position the forms and slip up my straps. Then I'd lay there about 5 mins letting the adhesive set. After that the forms would easily stay on for a day or two, even with showering.

I use only Hollister's spray and they are great. Cheryl is right .. I have worn mine of a max of 2-3 days and yes even in the shower and in a braless top.

Laura912
03-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Well, got some Loctite super glue....:eek:

mikiSJ
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
BEFORE YOU USE THE GLUE (AND THE WIPES) - TRY IT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST!!! The comment regarding the using the wipes first is very good advice.

Even the Hollister adhesive can cause irritation. The last thing you want is two very red, raised areas forming the outline of your breast forms on your chest for up to a week!!!!!

RenneB
03-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Wow what a wealth of info.... the only thing that I could add would be the aid of using gobgone when there's that sticky stuff still on the skin... Oh and cleaning the forms as one poster said, I use dish soap and alum pie pans. Soap water and then set the forms in. After an half hour or so, rince and let dry....ready for another 'outing'....

Renne.....