PDA

View Full Version : Times a changing

Julie Gaum
03-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Today on the Internet was one of the daily Cleveland Clinic's Wellness Newsletters. For those who haven't lived in Cleveland, or heard elsewhere, this is one of the top five hospitals in the U.S. In case you missed it: "Lend support
to friends coming out of the closet. Gay people who are out have lower levels of strain, depression and anxiety'. I thought gee maybe we can get them to say the same for the CD community.Wishful thinking.
Julie

Also today: "If the world was a logical place men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle."

SarahBJackson
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Wow, this is awesome. I have an interview in 2 weeks near Cleveland, so this is good news! Thanks for sharing!

Beverley Sims
03-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Julie, that is interesting progress in that newsletter.

I also agree with that logic.
I have slipped off my bike pedals and landed on the crossbar when I was younger.
That is painful and maybe I should have ridden a girls bike.
More logic.

Lorileah
03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Trust me it applies to the TG community also :)

Jamie001
03-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Gay people who are out have lower levels of strain, depression and anxiety'. I thought gee maybe we can get them to say the same for the CD community.Wishful thinking.
Julie

From a medical perspective, this would certainly apply to CDs and other trans-folk because they face the same problems regarding being closeted. Therefore, if you are a CD and want to be healthier and feel better about yourself, you should come out.