PDA

View Full Version : My neighbour's wife

Lotte L
12-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Last saturday we went to a party in the neighbourhood and we met our new naighbours. They live next to us since a couple of months. They are rebuilding the hous they bought and live in the gardenhouse nearby. I introduced her to the wife of an ex colleague because they both love running.
Out of the blue they sayd straight in to my face we love you for being such a female man. My ears blushed of, but I was verry happy with that remark. She is a professional in physiccare. Do you think I can open up to her?

Lotte L

Darlena
12-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi, Lotte! I don't think anyone could have comunnicated their acceptance any more clearer than that. You are very lucky to have neighbors like that dear couple. Find out if they have a hot tub. Oh, next time you go on a clothing drive for the deserving you should swing by there first. Love & kisses, Darlena:thumbsup:

Phoebe Reece
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Your neighbors must have seen you dressed at some time to generate that kind of remark. I suggest you let them in on the whole story.

susandrea
12-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Yes. :) :thumbsup:

BrendaChristine
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
I might look into what made them say that first.

Imogen_Mann
12-12-2005, 04:42 PM
A wise guru once said...

Slowly Slowly catchee monkey...

Then he said

Test the depth with a long stick BEFORE you dive...

Get the idea ?

XX

Jayme.

freshfrankie
12-12-2005, 06:34 PM
I came out to my wife, who moved out in october. I've told her two best girlfriends and my best friend's (who just died at 52) wife. She was wonderful and supportive but my wifes friends were a differant story. One hasn't spoken with me since and the other read me the riot act. She said I was a liar and deceitful.She also told me I should tell a woman right away about myself and she would of killed me if I were her husband. She made me feel sooooo special!:) One thing about coming out to friendsis you really find out who your real friends are. Just think and be careful. Hugs

Love
Jeannie

Kimberly
12-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Asnwer?

Erm.... yeah? :D

Vivian Best
12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Lotte, Personally, I'd be careful because they might just fishing to find out anything they can. Try to find out why they made the remark before you tell them anything.

Vivian:rose2:

susandrea
12-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Lotte, Personally, I'd be careful because they might just fishing to find out anything they can. Try to find out why they made the remark before you tell them anything.

Vivian:rose2:

If they are that nasty, good riddence! :mad:

Billijo49504
12-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Go for it, if you want to. Just because you are neighbors, doesn't mean you have to be friends. If things go south, just stay neighbors and not friends. With that said, good luck and I hope everything goes well for you...BJ:)

Darlena
12-12-2005, 11:53 PM
After reading some of the other ladies' posts I must reiterate by saying, do be careful my dear sis `cause there are people out there who will bait you and throw you into a simmering pot of Gossip Stew. Oh how they love the aroma of a reputation on the boil ! And I should know through my own experiences. The ones who feel uncomfortable in their own skin or have the most to hide will seek to out you, Usually in the presence of others. I once went to apply for a job and some bloke, whom I've only seen in passing, was present and started hurling all sorts of epitaths and inuendos my way. Right in front of my prospective boss and everyone. "You are nothing but a fag! I wouldn't work with you!" It was only months later when a gay friend told me that they occassionally have sex and that Kevin liked being the bottom. The very one who disparaged me that day. So Grasshopper...the moral of this story is, never trust a repressed homo with an agenda obscure and overtly curious strangers. Especially when they tantalize you with candy. Lovable kisses, Darlena

nancy58
12-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I would not reveal my innermost secrets to someone I barely know. I doubt they were fishing, and I doubt they suspect you crossdress. I believe they genuinely found you someone they can relate to, and that you should tread carefully. I am out to my wife and to the rabbi who married us -- and to you all, in a very limited way -- but I have not told others I have known for many years, because it is impossible to predict what will happen. There are people to whom I don't think it will matter, but information has a way of traveling unexpected routes.

By the way, in your budding friendship with your neighbor's wives, take care not to get between them and their husbands, or to entangle them in your own relationships. I remember how the husband of a woman I once worked with got the idea that there was something going on between us, when in fact we were just friends passing the time on the graveyard shift. It could've gotten very nasty.

Hmmm. Now I'm thinking about telling one of my old friends. See what you started? :)

Nancy

Julie
12-13-2005, 12:34 AM
People's reactions run from total disgust to total acceptance. Too often our need to be accepted for who we are overrides common sense. Unless you know your neighbors very well, proceed with caution. Remember, once the cat's out of the bag it can never be put back.

Lotte L
12-13-2005, 04:54 AM
Hi girls,

Thank you all for your advice. I think it's better to stay low profile, not everybody in the neighbourhood is as openminded as the women nextdoor. But i will stay a kind of girley even in man's cloth.

Hugs,
Lotte L

Kim E
12-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi Lotte ~
Yes, I'd also use a bit of caution. Let some time pass and get to know them better. They might just be open in their views but on the other hand, some other motive could lie under the surface. Just be careful, hon, you don't need to have problems develop that close to you.

Hugs ~ Kim

Julia Cross
12-13-2005, 08:46 AM
I have to agree, take time to get to know them first. They may be harmless, but even gossip to the neighbours may make things uncomfortable for you, at the very least.

Once you feel they are trustworthy, it's your call.

Julia

JennyCD
12-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Trust is earned over time, not bestowed suddenly.

Helen MC
12-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Be very careful and investigate what may be behind their remarks. If you are cautious then it will do no harm to have delayed coming out to them and they won't mind if they are genuine but if you reveal yourself and they have been fishing it is too late then and they might then turn nasty. It is not easy to change your home . To put it sucinctly "You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube"

Marlene4a
12-13-2005, 10:57 PM
It might be safe to say "yes"

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I agree it's better to wait a bit to get to know them first.