PDA

View Full Version : Guy in mary janes

Tracii G
03-31-2013, 01:10 AM
I was out at a night spot tonight and one of my friends wives noticed a guy in a pair of ballet flats.
She said that guy has on ballet flats so I looked and said they look like mary janes in a way,she said how do you know what mary janes are?
I said Oh I know trust me.
Funny thing during dinner earlier she said Oh I love that ring you are wearing let me see it.
It was deff a ladies ring plus the bracelet I had on was a ladies bracelet.I'm sure she noticed my nails were done nicely in clear.
I think she has an idea about me but just won't come out and ask me in front of her husband.
All she has seen me wear are womens jeans/shoes for the last few years.
I wish she would ask to be honest.

MaryAnn40c
03-31-2013, 01:23 AM
I worked on my truck today and wore my 5inch boots,also a bra that you could easy see my size...was outside all day and lots of people came by but no one said anything

FelicityMay
03-31-2013, 01:24 AM
well I guess this answers the thread "can you pass off women shoes in guy mode?" haha...
It may stand out, but its not bad :)

Jill Devine
03-31-2013, 06:14 AM
This thread underlines the reality when we think people don't notice. Truth is that people DO notice. They see everything. It's just that most times they don't make it obvious and keep their opinion to themselves.

The general public are not blind. Luckily they are subtle.

Michelle 51
03-31-2013, 07:19 AM
I wore my forms under a loose fitting jacket the other day .I was in guy mode except for the forms and my unisex haircut.Shopped for a couple of hrs and walked about.Few double takes but most people didn't notice and those that do don't care.

Sara Jessica
03-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Sounds like one of my best friends who I've written about in the past. He often circles the drain but has never come right out with it, accurately at least. So I keep him squirming.

Edyta_C
03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Most people see. There are few which actually notice what they are seeing. IT is the "trained observer concept". Ask ten witnesses to a robbery, what the bad guy was wearing. You will probably get 6-8 different descriptions of the bad guy. Now ask an undercover cop you was there. His description will be close.

So what this really means is that most people see what you are wearing but it does not register or make an impression. Ask them five minutes later and they will say what?? We did not really fool them, they are just into their own world and you do not register.

It is why many on here stress blending. IF you are not too different than the "norm", you get a free pass. If you interact with them the story might be different.

Just one gal's opinion

Edy

Rachel Morley
03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
This reminds me of a situation I was in a few years ago when I was with my wife in Home Depot. I was wearing women's fitted jeans, a slightly femme white tee, under a mildly obvious baby blue girls hoodie ... but I was also wearing pink and white women's tennis shoes. We were standing in the paint isle and a woman who was trying to get by with her cart said out loud "excuse me ladies" ... then kinda looked at me slightly startled and said to us both, but looked at my wife, "oh I'm sorry, but it was his shoes!"

I'm in agreement. If you are one of those people that adds femme things to you boy mode presentation (and I am one of those people) depending on how obvious you make it, I feel that some people don't realize, some people do notice that you look different but don't make the connection, and some people do notice and do realize what's going on (like the OP's wife's friend). However, I have never had anyone actually say anything derogatory to my face. The worst I have had is a few double takes and a snigger or two from a couple of a teen girls and a very obvious look of disapproval from a middle aged woman.

IngeInCO
03-31-2013, 03:10 PM
well I guess this answers the thread "can you pass off women shoes in guy mode?" haha...
It may stand out, but its not bad :)

People probably notice but most don't really care right? If you rock the women's shoes, own them!

Sounds like a fun dinner Tracii!

LelaK
03-31-2013, 04:17 PM
People used to think guys with long hair were gay. I think it'll be even harder for them to think that men who try to look like women aren't gay. It may help if we wear a sign saying I'm Not Gay (Are You?). [Or I'm Not a Gay or Lesbian (Are You?)] I mean it may help to wear a sign if we aren't gay. Actually, I'd be Lesbian if it were easy enough to change.

Jamie001
03-31-2013, 08:02 PM
The general public are not blind. Luckily they are subtle.

That is because it is none of their business!

flatlander_48
03-31-2013, 09:26 PM
I think she has an idea about me but just won't come out and ask me in front of her husband.
All she has seen me wear are womens jeans/shoes for the last few years.
I wish she would ask to be honest.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you just tell her? I say that because it could be some time before she might decide on her own to ask. Perhaps she feels like it is too personal to ask about.

Tracii G
04-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Maybe so flatlander but her husband and I are close friends and I'm not sure how he would take it.
I would never want to cause a rift between them.
I want her to ask me but I'm not going to push it for the sake of my good friend.

Beverley Sims
04-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Tracii, one day it will all come out, and it will happen when you least suspect it.
It will be surprise, surprise, for sure.

Tracii G
04-01-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm sure it will Beverley I'm sure it will.

lingerieLiz
04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Some notice, seldom want to make a seen or create a situation. Those that do huh beat them up with your high heels.