PDA

View Full Version : Getting ungirly for Easter

Lisa Gerrie
03-31-2013, 09:50 AM
For the first time I really need to "undo" some stuff before a family gathering. I'm not pissed off about it, or sad, just... inconvenienced.

I'm getting an inkling that this journey may eventually lead someplace I didn't expect. (Duh, right?)

But my elderly aunt will die thinking I'm a Presbyterian too, and I'm ok with that.

Jessica86
03-31-2013, 09:55 AM
My wife told me this morning I NEEDED to dress. Yeah, that's what needs to happen on Easter. Show up to the entire family going "Hi, I know what you are thinking." LOL. I have been "down grading" for two months. I've got all of my arm hair and leg hair back. Should go well today.

MsRenee
03-31-2013, 10:32 AM
If a relationship is going to work hun there has to be give n take.
It cannot always go the way youd like it to.
Renee

RenneB
03-31-2013, 12:31 PM
I know how that goes. I had the family over to my house last month. Took me two weeks to 'de-girl' the place and pack up the closet, the shoes, the makeup cabinet..... but I passed..

Renne.....

Beverley Sims
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
It is better to make little sacrifices than make none at all.
Just take the inconvenience in your stride.

Persephone
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Happy Easter to one and all!

I celebrate Passover rather than Easter because I'm Jewish. Our tradition is two nights of a large, special celebration and meal known as a Seder. This year I was a woman for our first Seder and a man for the second one. A huge personal breakthrough for me, this was my first Passover Seder as a woman. About a dozen family and friends for each night. There were people, including children, at the first one who only know me as a woman and people at the second one who only know me as a man.

Hugs,
Persephone .

Rachel Morley
03-31-2013, 03:19 PM
I share your pain. When my wife and I visit my parents and my brother's family (who all live in another country) I always have to present in a less girly boy mode than I usually do and it feels very inconvenient to me. I'm ok with it (I guess) but the alternative is to tell my family and I'm not going to do that for a bunch of different reasons (that I won't go into here). I have to let my eyebrows grow a bit and I don't wear earrings but I do keep my body shaved. I just cover up with longs sleeves and long pants ... but it's still inconvenient because I'm not used to feeling "less femme".

Lisa Gerrie
03-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Barbara, I just got home from a lovely combination Easter/Passover dinner at my sister's. Lots of fun!