PDA

View Full Version : Walking with Cake

Persephone
04-02-2013, 03:05 AM
If you are practicing your high heel wearing at home be prepared for some changes once you go out and about. Pavement and other surfaces will be very different from the smooth comfortable surfaces in your home.

And women carry things! Not just purses, but sweaters or jackets, small (or not so small) children, bags of groceries, you name it.

I was invited to a GNO of about 10 women (all the others are GGs) tonight and was asked to bring a dessert.

So there I was at my door, purse on my arm, jacket over my arm, cake in my hands, juggling keys to lock the front door and open the car doors while wearing a sequin top, skirt, and these:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/ShoeWedgeBeige_zps67feb49e.jpg

Made it to the car and the cake made it to the party! (There was a block walk on the other end of the route too).

The party was great fun! The hostess had to divide us into two tables of five each in order to fit into her living room and dining room. Rather than let us sit with our usual friends, she had us draw a number as we walked in. I ended up at a table with her and three other women while my spouse ended up at the other table.

In between courses and chatter I was one of the women who helped clear up and serve dessert, so it was back on my feet with stacks of plates and platters of desserts.

Some of the conversation was about shopping (of course!) and the hostess mentioned how my best female friend still shops with me even though she has moved across the country and how we send pictures to each other of what we're looking at, what we're trying on, and so on.

I said that as a matter of fact I'd wanted to send her a picture of the top I was wearing tonight but that I hadn't had a chance to do it, so the lady on the other side of the table took this picture for me:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/PassoverDeenaBarbara4-1-2013_zpsa9dee1fc.jpg

All in all, a wonderful, fun evening!

But make sure to practice, practice on those heels! You could end up carrying a cake!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Beverley Sims
04-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Barbara,
Try it with Jelly.
I was lucky, I just made it.

Rogina B
04-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Those are "sensible" shoes with their wedge heels made for carrying cakes and kids and groceries and....whatever is required to live life. Did YOU make the cake or just lick the spoon?...oh,yes,you iced it,and licked those spoons as I see two glazes..Bet it was good..

Lisa Gerrie
04-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the good laugh. You're adorable.

stephNE
04-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi Persephone! You are quite right! When I get home from a shopping trip, standing at the front door, hurrying to get in before a neighbor sees, juggling a bag of groceries and a purse, and trying to find my keys to get the door open is quite a struggle.

Kathi Lake
04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Barbara,

A cute top. A fun evening. Oh, and you gained both a new skill and a new appreciation. I'd say it was a winner of a night!

:)

Kathi

Persephone
04-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Those are "sensible" shoes with their wedge heels made for carrying cakes and kids and groceries and....whatever is required to live life. Did YOU make the cake or just lick the spoon?...oh,yes,you iced it,and licked those spoons as I see two glazes..Bet it was good..

You caught me, Rogina, I deliberately selected them as more "sensible" shoes. :) Actually, I selected them because they were the first brown pair I could find in my closet!

And yes, I baked and frosted the cake that day. It was a completely non-dairy (parve) flourless chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

Hugs,
Persephone.