PDA

View Full Version : Supporters

DawnD
04-02-2013, 12:56 PM
I know it's not a run of the mill thought process for SO's. But I'm truly happy my husband is the way s/he is. Not just for his sake, but for mine. We have grown as people together, and as individuals. Learned how to be good to each other, and ourselves. And our children are showing the benefits of that acceptance. My daughter enjoys shopping for my husband, holds his hand when we're out in public, and stands up for him when she feels the need. And she's 15!!! She just plain amazes me. How many parents get that?

My question is, how many of you have the support of your family and friends? Do your children know, or just your SO? I'm just curious I suppose. I couldn't imagine it being any other way for us, or me.

Sandra
04-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Hope you don't mind another GG jumping in here :)

Nigella has my full support and like your daughter ours is very supportive, she was 14 when we told her she's now 23. Nigella is transitioning and Amy is still as supportive as the day we first told her.

Kate Simmons
04-02-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm happy for the both of you Hon. The days are coming when all of us will need that kind of closeness to hold things together. Be happy.:)

Joanne.England
04-02-2013, 01:22 PM
It is great that you are so supportive. It must really help. I know I would appreciate it if it were me but I'm still very much hidden away from all.

DawnD
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Hope you don't mind another GG jumping in here :)

Nigella has my full support and like your daughter ours is very supportive, she was 14 when we told her she's now 23. Nigella is transitioning and Amy is still as supportive as the day we first told her.

I don't mind at all! I'm happy for you and your family Sandra.

suchacutie
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Tina is a project of my wife (completely supportive) and me, and no one else, except all of you! We don't mix genders either, so it really is three of us. I wouldn't be surprised to find that our daughter doesn't have some suspicions since I know a bit too much :).

DawnD
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to find that our daughter doesn't have some suspicions since I know a bit too much :).

My daughter loves being able to talk to her father about clothes, makeup, and all the girly stuff. It warms my heart to see the bonding like that.

~Joanne~
04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I always love to hear from SO's who support their SO's in whatever they do, not just the CDing. It's really great to hear your story and I hope that she returns the love in spades :) My SO currently is the only one who knows. She has been accepting and supportive to this point. I am not looking to tell anyone else at this point either. Well, I guess I can tell you....Dawn, I am a crossdresser ;) Welcome to the forum!

kimdl93
04-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Good for you, Dawn. And for your SOand family life.

In my family it's a mixture. My sons and siblings know but it's DADT. My wife and step daughter are understanding and supportive. But I can say that no one in my family has rejected me or ostracized me for being transgendered.

Tracii G
04-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Dawn you sound like a wonderful person and I'm glad you and your daughter are there for him.
There are not many special women like you out there. :hugs::love:

Rogina B
04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
My now 11 yr old daughter[only child] has known since age 5 and enjoys going everywhere with me."If we were to bump into a school friend,then I am to say nothing or split for a few minutes" lol These are my instructions from her..My wife is learning to be comfortable doing everything out and about..It doesn't happen overnight and acceptance takes work and determination..But good things come from being comfortable with it all.

Beverley Sims
04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
I think it is very special families that have a bonding like this.
If only it spread further.

artofbalance
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Well as Dawn's SO, I'm going to jump in here. I told Dawn right off the bat about what I wore. I didn't want to get down the road and tell her. Been there, done that. Luckily she is the way she is and here we are. I wasn't so sure when we told her daughter/ my stepdaughter. I only say it that way because she wasn't brought up with me in the picture till later. Took a while for me to get comfortable wearing anything in front of her, but she is a great person and has really accepted me. Including everything Dawn said and giving me clothes and shoes she no longer wears. I couldn't do it any other way.

MissTee
04-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Welcome Dawn!! Sounds like you have a great family there. My wife and I have opted to keep my CD-ing from the kids, but I have a two daughters and I think they suspect. I, too, know too much about girl stuff. I'm certain my middle daughter knows as she once walked in on me wearing a night gown, then backed out of the room quickly. She never said anything though.

FelicityMay
04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
sharing a deep secret with people can really bring you closer together...
I recently told some extended family, and they are some of my best friends now! and i barely even knew them before that...
I may have to hide this from my parents, but I love having a few who don't think I'm crazy!

Bethany_Anne_Fae
04-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Love threads like this ;) Yes, I'm fortunate enough to have a very large support system of family and friends now that "Beth" has come out on a regular basis. I've lost some male friends over it due to their inability to process the other side of me, but thats to be expected. Life is good.

*hugs*
Bethany