PDA

View Full Version : Self esteem

Kate Simmons
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
A running theme in many threads here is that some folks seem to feel much better about themselves when en femme than they do en homme. I'm wondering why this is. Personally, I've come to balance all of my feelings so I feel good about myself in either mode.The only thing I do a little differently en femme is put a slightly more female "spin" on things. I'm thinking maybe deep down, some feel something is missing when in guy mode? Let me know what you think about this.:)

Lynnmorgan451
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
When I'm in guy mode there is something missing. Something huge! First off, I'm wearing a costume in guy mode. A costume that is shapeless and ugly, even when supposedly I look nice, I hate it. For me, the girl is the real me, hiding, trying to surface at every possible moment but failing for so long. Now, It's impossible to suppress the urge and shes coming out! which is s t r e s s f u l to me and my family ! xoxo

DonnaT
04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't feel any different about myself when enfemme or drab, self esteem wise.

I just get an inner feeling of 'just feels right'.

Laura912
04-02-2013, 05:05 PM
The self esteem is the same but more delicate en femme. A nice compliment goes a long way then. En home, meh!

Nikki A.
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Being that I'm in sales, I've got the hide of a rhino as far as self esteem goes in either mode. I guess thats why when I decided that I was ready to go out as Nikki there was no trepidation. I don't dress in my town in deference to the family but that radius is narrowing and I am willing to accept what comes my way.
I like both parts of me, and a little like Kate, I try to blend a little of both sides of me in everyday life. That is my comfort zone.

kimdl93
04-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Today, I have the same feelings about myself, as others have mentioned, regardless of how I'm dressed. Self esteem should be independent of outward appearance. It's not a product of how we dress, our education, social status or accomplishments. Rather, self esteem is recognizing that you...and I ...can see ourselves as being as entitled to our brief lives as anyone else....and not to grade ourselves by measures of status, but rather the content of our character.

Barbara Maria
04-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Hi,Kate.Before I finally let my female self out,my self esteem was in the gutter.I saw myself as an ugly,washed up old man with nothing to look foreward to but watching myself rot away a piece at a time.Since last year when I started dressing and living as the woman I've always wanted to be my self esteem has skyrocketed.When en femme I look and feel 10 years younger.Maybe I was so down because I was supressing such an important part of myself,I don't know.All I know is it feels great to like myself again,and it also carries over into my guy life.Barbara

Beverley Sims
04-03-2013, 02:15 PM
My self esteem is the same but I am more outgoing as a girl.
Confidence, springs to mind here.