PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone shop at Payless?

Jennifer47
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
I bought some nice formal open toed heels and I'm wondering how their shoes hold up. The price was good.:rolleyes:

KatieZ
12-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Most of us shop at Payless!

Very friendly place where you can try on the shoes in the store and no one minds.

I have at least 5 pairs of shoes that I bought there and they are all holding up well.

Hugs

GypsyKaren
12-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi Jennifer

Payless is great, I get most of my shoes there. So far I haven't had any problems, they seem to be holding up well.

GypsyKaren

Laurie Ann
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I have purchased from Payless and they are holding up well

Adrianne
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
I shop all the time at payless and there shoes and sneekers are holding up very well.

Tedi
12-12-2005, 10:33 PM
I've bought 8 or 9 pair of shoes/boots from Payless.. out of those I'd say a couple pair have turned out to be kinda crummy. Overall I'd say they have pretty good shoes though.

cdcheryl
12-12-2005, 10:41 PM
I have never actually tried the shoes on in the store but yes I have bought a few pairs there and the prices are good and the shoes are doing well

Billijo49504
12-12-2005, 11:55 PM
I love the shoes at Payless, but the only problem I have there is, they always talk me into a new purse to match the shoes I bought:D :D I wear a size 12w and they are the only place to have that size priced right. Avenue's shoes are much more.

Joanie B
12-13-2005, 01:29 AM
I love the shoes at Payless, but the only problem I have there is, they always talk me into a new purse to match the shoes I bought:D :D I wear a size 12w and they are the only place to have that size priced right. Avenue's shoes are much more.

Hi billijo,
I too have a large foot, can wear a 12N open toe, but need 13N for other shoes, so sometimes I can find shoess that fit there at a low price. Most other stores only carry up to 10 or 11. For the money, they are good shoes.

Joanie

Bridgette T
12-13-2005, 01:38 AM
All of my shoes come from either payless or fredericks. I am glad to be a crossdresser in modern days with online access.

ChristineRenee
12-13-2005, 01:40 AM
I have more than 20 pairs of shoes...many of them have been purchased at Payless. I have had excellent luck with them. Good prices...many good specials...and the sales people have been great. I have even tried shoes on there with no hassles at all and I usually don't try shoes on in the stores. Payless is definitely a winner with me!:thumbsup:;)

Stelli
12-13-2005, 02:44 AM
What's good with Payless is availability of large sizes. What is not that good about it is the quality. OK prices/quality are fine for the occasional activity. I avoid tranny shops because I find most of shoes there somewhat vulgar - simply not my style. However I have figured that my first shoes (purchased in europe) obviously not from Payless still holding extremely well and will likely outlive all Paylesses. I love them but I also understand that it will be hard for me to find this kind of quality around. My friend suggested to visit shop for tall girls. I think I would go next time for something of more value. I'll see when I go next time to TO. Yet no particular complain about Payless. They do great job both for the selection as for the price.

Sharon
12-13-2005, 03:04 AM
I have only bought two pairs of tennis shoes (don't much care for their other dressier styles) from Payless, for about $12, or so, each. While they may not be as well-made nor last as long as premium brands, I have to admit that they both made it through the past year in fine shape, and this is with almost daily outdoor wear. In fact -- they both survived a recent tumble through the washing machine (they're both white), looking as good as new.

Leilani68
12-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Duh, and other shoe stores as well.....
Shoe Pavillion is a great discount source as well.............:D

Wendy me
12-13-2005, 05:28 AM
payless rocks bogo rules...............yes good prices .........

Kim E
12-13-2005, 08:24 AM
I've shopped at Payless for years. I wear a woman's size 9 and find a large selection there. Prices are right and the quality has always been good.

Kim

Lissa Stevens
12-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Geesh, over the years I have probably had over 100 pairs of Payless shoes. No shoe fetish here. LOL Quality may not be quite as good as higher end stores there are good enough. I also buy from Zappos.com. The shoes are more expensive but they are great shoes and the service is fantastic.

Julia Cross
12-13-2005, 08:41 AM
You get what you pay for. They are generally inexpensive and for dressy shoes that's great. Very few shoes contain any leather or have good outsoles, but again, these are the items that make shoes moe expensive.

I have a few pairs and they have been fine, my GF buys hers there but obviously wears them all the time and they don't last as long then, as well offer no arch support or much support of any kind.

You get what you pay for.

Julia

Katie Ashe
12-13-2005, 08:55 AM
I buy most of my shoes at Payless. I have nothing bad to say. :thumbsup:

geegee2
12-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Yes,Payless=more shoes:D . At least here where I live. Have not had any problems with their shoes and I wear them all the time. Especially the boots,for under thirty dollars,when Im home I go out alot and I just love to wear boots. No I have not had any problems, all the shoes and snaks I have from Payless are holding up love kisses hugs GeeGee2

BeckyAnderson
12-13-2005, 12:09 PM
I have probably a dozen pairs of shoes from payless. The shoes are very reasonable and I have found that they hold up well. I've found that Payless shoes are not quite as comfortable as the major brands. However, if your feet can hold up until they are "broken in" a bit they do become somewhat more comfortable.

Hugs,
Becky

CharleneCD
12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
when I lived in Phoenix AZ I couldnt shop at Payless because they only carried up to size 11. After reading this thread I might have to check out the ones up here. My wife though has bought nmany shoes from payless and has never had a complaint.

Dana
12-13-2005, 07:15 PM
I purchased a pair of high heels, once at a Payless. It was on a Saturday, and there was a young lady there. The store was somewhat croweded, and although she didn't say anything, she took the shoes out of the box, and examined them, as though she was examining an alien creature from another planet! :eek:

They were a size 13, and she knew who I was purchasing them for, and attempted to make a specticale out of it and me! :mad:

I could have cared less ~ and rather enjoyed it!:D

Wenda
12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
The boots in my Avatar are from Payless. Womens size 12. I have another pair from Payless that I like very much. No problems. Good prices.

Staci
12-13-2005, 10:34 PM
I bought most of my shoes and boots from payless. They have a good selection and the larger sizes. I also need a size 12 if a closed toe shoe or boot. I can get by with a size 11W in a sandal.

Francine
12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Payless shoes??? ... All the time.
The store clerk there is a aquaintenance of mine, and I think she even knows..or has a strong hunch, that the size 12 women's shoes I buy, are for me.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15908&page=2

shellyrichardsoninsc
12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
not only is payless one of my fave shoe sources (i am a high heel fanatic), i also buy shoes from cross-dress.com (secrets of sunrise,fl). i have found a really great shoe store in west columbia, sc called shoe show. i bought a pair of black 4" heels (airwalk brand)for $11.00 and they are comfortable as can be. there is also a couple of places called rack room shoes (expensive as all get out), and shoe barn (so-so selection). i bought a red pair of pumps from payless about a yr ago and have NO complaints about the quality at all. they have held up great.

HaleyPink2000
12-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Oh Lisa, lets see a picture of them please please please.

Haley:)

Crystal Harmony
12-19-2005, 07:23 AM
I do all the time they have a good selction and cheap prices,the quality is good as well,im sure its the same as i do shop at payless shoes in australia:thumbsup:

Lauren Mitchell
12-19-2005, 08:29 AM
I've gone to Payless a few times, but they really do not carry my size.

I have had some bad experiences with them though, one store (Port Washington) manager made a rude remark to me while I was trying on a shoe and my panties so happened to show when I bent over. If I was not in public, he would have needed a new set of teeth. One good thing about that place, he is no longer there. He was transfered to another store and has a history of making sexual remarks to customers.

At another store (Garden City Park) they gave me a look of disgust when I went to pay for them.

Lauren

Carole
12-19-2005, 08:42 AM
I went to the Payless shop in the Fowler mall Tampa, last month, the Manageress ( I think) came up to me in the ladies section and asked if I was looking for myself or my wife; when I admitted for myself she was so pleasant and asked me if she could help or if I wished could try any shoes on in store. I have bought shoes for him and her and found them to be great value!