PDA

View Full Version : 30 hours and counting down

Nicki S
04-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Hello all,

I am in Bangkok now and the clock is winding down until I go under the knife. Almost all prep work is done, with the exception of drinking some more nasty stuff to finish cleaning me out.
During my consult, Dr Chett told me that he was going to do the requested FFS first and then go into the SRS. When I wake back up, I assuming that I will look different under all the bandages, and will be one sore girl.

The plane ride over here was nice, and uneventful. It was extremely long (23 hr) and finding comfort was difficult. I departed Ft Lauderdale and had a 3 hr stop in Dallas. Then I flew over on Korean Air with a 2 hr layover in Seoul. They are very attentive flight attendants and very pleasing to the eyes also. They actually have some good food on-board, which was a pleasant surprise. Free wine too! I can just imagine how difficult the return flight home will be in 23 days with a sore crotch.
I will admit that it is a bit of a culture shock being over and being alone doesn't help much either. There is a huge mall one block away, that I have been to a few times. But that is just to pass time and get some groceries. There is a ton or restaurants in there to taunt me, as I am on a very strict diet as per Dr Chett.

So here I sit, in a very nice hotel, cant really get too far from a toilet, cant eat, and sleep is elusive as usual.

So that is my day in a nutshell!

Nicole

Paula_56
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
My thoughts are with you Sister....

Stephanie-L
04-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Wow, and I was a bit nervous traveling 3 hours for my FFS. Much luck to you..............Stephanie

crystalann
04-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I made that long 30 Hr trip form South Fl to Bangkok on Korean Air. Best of luck on your journey. :)

DaniG
04-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Nerve-wracking, but exciting. Good luck, Nicole!

Barbara Ella
04-03-2013, 09:12 PM
You are in all our prayers Nikki. Be strong girl.

Barbara

Persephone
04-04-2013, 01:55 AM
All the best to you, Nicki! Will hold you in thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
04-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Nicki, we're all thinking of you and hoping your recovery is smooth.

Hugs, Eryn

AllieSF
04-04-2013, 04:06 AM
I wish you the best and am looking forward to your post op communications.

Emma Beth
04-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Good luck to you in the land of a smiles.

Jennifer Marie P.
04-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Hang in there sis its almost over.

traci_k
04-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Annaliese
04-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Good luck and hope all goes well, hugs

Kaitlyn Michele
04-04-2013, 08:25 AM
I"ll be sending good karma health vibes!!!

groove67
04-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Be4st wishes to you nicki, we will all be praying for you i am sure. Marianne

Leanne2
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Nicki, I will be praying for you to have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Remember that you are never totally alone. Good luck girl! Leanne

Marleena
04-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Best of luck with everything Nicki! Looking forward to your reports on how everything went.:)

Paulette
04-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Niki I hope that your surgery is the best Dr. Chett has ever. Done and that you will finally be the person you have been waiting for. You will be I am sure in everyone's prayers over the next few days and weeks. Know that you are not alone and that there are many of us praying for you.

josee
04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
hope everything goes well with no complications and a pain free recovery as well.
Let us know how it's going after.

DanaM64
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Best of luck Nicole, hope all goes well and with a quick recovery!

Nicki S
04-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Thank everyone for your kind words. I am getting tears in my eyes reading such kind words. I am 4 hours away now, and need to take a shower etc, and get ready to go.

Thanks again and I will post once I am able.

Hugs

AmeliaPond
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Best wishes to you!

StephanieC
04-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Eventually, it will be over. And things will be better.

My prayers are with you.

-stephani

Kathryn Martin
04-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Welcome on the other side sister

Maria in heels
04-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Nicki...I pray that you are not in too much pain and a speedy recovery time

Kerigirl2009
04-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Nicki, I hope that all has gone as planned or maybe even better then expected. I hope you find everything to your liking and I bet you did. I am envious and of course a bit jealous. Good luck girl and I hope we hear from you soon.

Donnadcd
04-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery. How I wish I could do the same.

:hugs:Donna

pickles
04-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Been awhile since Op posted, I hope they're okay.

Jodi Anne
04-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Been awhile since Op posted, I hope they're okay.

My thoughts also, my prayers for Nicki for a safe and speedy recovery

Jessica Keys
04-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Hope things go well Nicki.
A ride of a life time for sure.
Don't drink too much rice wine. :)

Nicki S
04-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Hello all, and thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

I am now 10 days post-op of a successful surgery. I ended up going into the ER a little bit later then planned due to the anesthesiologist running behind. I I waited in Dr Chetts pre-op room, watching TV. It was kinda funny, the one nurse came in and told me of the delay, and told me to relax and take a nap. With my blood pressure bounding enough that I could feel it, there was no way that i was going to sleep.
So after 1 1/2 hrs, they came in a nd told me to follow them. Next room over was the OR and a table all set for me. The anesthesiologist introduced himself and told me to lay down. I stuck the IV in my hand and said a couple of time.... Good night Nicole. I seen the O2 mask go ever me and that was it. Next thing I know, It is 6 AM and there is a nurse sitting in a chair alongside my bed, with her head laid on the mattress and she was holding my hand. It sounds so simple, but at that moment, it was incredibly special. I tried to talk, but with head wrapped from chin/jaw surgery, that was too difficult.
I was fortunate enough to have an extended stay at his surgery center, which kept me there for a week under the fantastic care of Dr Chett and his nursing staff. Of course it was an extra fee, but well spent money in my eyes.
I am now back at the hotel, The Dusit Princess, in Bangkok, doing my best to rest and heal as good as possible.
Food.... Now this is a whole other topic. My last meal that I had was on April 30 on the flight here. Once on the ground in Thailand, it was midnight, and the next day, Dr Chett had me on a strict bowel cleansing diet to prep for surgery. By the time I left his surgery center, I was 9 lbs lighter than when i left Florida. Being that I had the FFS, my entire lower jaw is full of stitches, so no solid foods for me. Soup, and soup, and there was something else... oh yeah, soup! i am going to need a new wardrobe by the time i get home.

Anyone considering SRS, I would not hesitate one second to come to Thailand and have Dr Chett. Just as I have read from many others, he is a fantastic Dr.

Marleena
04-15-2013, 08:44 AM
It's nice to hear everything went well Nicki! Here's wishing you a speedy healing time!

Emma Beth
04-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Nicki, I hope you have a speedy recovery and all continues to go well for you.
You will still be in my thoughts and I look forward to hearing more.

Love and Hugs,
Jamie

traci_k
04-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Nicki, I am so excited for you to hear that all went well and recovery is coming along just as well.
I pray wishing you continued and speedy recovery!
XOXOXO

FurPus63
04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
So you had both FFS and SRS at the same time? WOW! That's a lot to go through. Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.
Paulette

arbon
04-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Glad to hear everything is going well :)

pickles
04-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Phew I'm glad...

Now post some scary pictures of your face :p

DaniG
04-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Congratulations, Nicki! So happy you had a rewarding experience. Now for recovery and rediscovery! XXX

Leanne2
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Yea Nicki! I am so happy to read that you have finally had your birth defect surgically corrected. I will continue to pray for you to have a safe recovery. Leanne

Nicki = Woman

Barbara Ella
04-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Nicki, so glad to hear you are doing well. Wishing you a speedy non eventful recovery. You go girl.

Barbara

Kaitlyn Michele
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
so pleased to hear you are doing so well!!

all the best!!

AllieSF
04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome back and congratulations on your successful surgeries. As one of our late members here used to say, "Now the real transition begins." Good luck and enjoy.

kimdl93
04-16-2013, 01:09 PM
congratulations, Nicky. I'm glad to hear your surgeries and recovery went so well...and that enjoy soup too.

Nicki S
04-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Now for recovery and rediscovery! XXX That sure is the truth!!

As one of our late members here used to say, "Now the real transition begins." Good luck and enjoy.I miss that member too. She may have been rough in her opinions, but she was spot on.

So you had both FFS and SRS at the same time? WOW! That's a lot to go through. Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.
Paulette
It is a lot to go through at once, but I figured if your gonna be in recovery, make it count! To be honest I would have loved BA also, but the bank account took a big enough hit already. Now that needs healing and recovery also.

Thank again everyone for all your kind words.

Jessica Keys
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Wow Nicki, good to hear of your success girl.
Please keep us updated....girl
Lol