PDA

View Full Version : A song I wrote

Lynnmorgan451
04-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I wrote a song about coping with transsexualism. I would like to share it with everyone but I don't want to get in trouble for posting a link to it so I'm asking first. Would it be okay to put a link to it in this thread?:thumbsup::thumbsdn:

Lynnmorgan451
04-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Lyrics

Sooo....
Sweet sweet suicide
If I knew how to provide
Things that can change can change my mind
So what's the problem?
You decide

Sooo sweet you there in my face
Sweat drips down my sides and waist

Just wait cuz time is it. That's right.
Time to think. Time to try. Time to
Lay it all on the line.
Doesn't take much time at all
If someone where under to catch my fall

When I look down I see the sky
When I look around I see my friends
Scraping out my eyes to change my mind
Pride makes me crazy, crazy inside
Who made this sooo sweet decision
In my face with that stuff
Right in my face
Soooo many ways to go
Soo many ways to be wrong

wanna hear it? here it go!! lol

https://soundcloud.com/us-jams/falling-up

Kaitlyn Michele
04-05-2013, 09:55 AM
I have a little studio in my home...so i love soundcloud and post songs me and friends do there too...

i hate seeing the "S" word

i really liked how you put the desperation of your lyrics in musical context... the production and all that reverb put the song in the right space for it....well done!

Jorja
04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Cool song. I don't know anything about music itself. I just know what I like. Maybe it is the style of music but I think you might want to make your vocals stand out a little more. To me the music is too loud to hear the words.I had to really work to grasp the content of the song.

Lynnmorgan451
04-05-2013, 11:00 AM
i hate seeing the "S" word

I hate that word too but I wrote this in one of my low low low moments and unfortunately it was like an "in your face" type contemplation I just couldn't think of a better word to describe it. And its not referring to a self inflicted act of violence, its more of a way of explaining the feelings and questions that come up when one decides to leave one identity behind and take on a new one.

My wife sang this for me (I wish that was my voice!) and I played the banjo and we screwed up a few times but I really appreciate your compliments! :)

to Jorja : Yea its a real bad recording we did with my wifes iPhone, which all in all didn't sound as horrible as you would think it would recorded with a cell phone! lol

Emma Beth
04-05-2013, 07:43 PM
That song was really good.
I loved the touch the banjo gave it and the vocals were really good.
I have to agree that the balance between the vocals and the banjo could have been better but I understand the limitations of improving with an iPhone or any cell phone for that matter.
Kudos.

Kathryn Martin
04-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Awesome, I love both the lyrics and the music. I wish you could record this in a studio.

Lynnmorgan451
04-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Thank you! me too!! We haven't had time to record it since we created it. Work school work school kids work school life ugggh....but maybe we can re record it this weekend and I'll share :)