PDA

View Full Version : questions

jennigrace
04-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I have been a cd since I was 6. I've always been in the closet. Obviously my mother knew. She bought me my first panties and I've been hooked ever since. I wear panties and have my toe nails painted almost 24/7. A few of my female friends have known too. I am fully shaved but when I go to the doctor I still dress in full guy mode. I'm very active at my church and in youth work. Incidentally I am 100% straight. I am more and more tempted to come out, but I'm afraid it will damage my church and youth work. When I'm home alone I do fully dress. Don't know how to handle all of this.

Lynnmorgan451
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
How old we're you when your mother started buying you panties? I'm not really in a position to give you good advice but I will say this......if you're worried about your church turning its back on you, and it's a Christian church, perhaps it's time to find a new church?? I mean, they preach forgiveness acceptance "come as you are" is in the bible....I would start off by looking for someone at the church around your age who you think might understand and see what they say...come out with one person at a time until it reaches a critical mass point, then no worries...just roll with it...like I said, I may be the worst person on here to get advice from since there's so many far more experienced and knowledgable girls on here but follow your heart, live your dreams and create your reality as YOU want it.. This is YOUR world!!!!xoxo
Lynn

SandraInHose
04-04-2013, 06:41 PM
To the OP...why do you feel the need to come out? What do you hope to gain by letting others know of your CDing?

This subject is discussed ad infinitum on this forum, but honestly, not everybody needs to come out to the world. Some things are best left as personal, and in many cases, CDing is one of them as far as I'm concerned. Just my two cents.

Lynn Marie
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
You're active in church and youth work. So you come out. You're church will probably attempt to get you counseling and you can bet the parents of the youth will want you to stay away from their children. Churches are hard and judgemental places with little understanding of what they're dealing with. I've been a churchman for over 20 years. Always on the council and an elder. Trust me, the council needs to appease the congregation and will do whatever it takes to insure church survival, right or wrong. Be careful.

Your Christianity will survive just fine without the church, but the church cannot survive without the Christians. We don't need churches to be "all you can be" in Christ. I've been gone for 8 years now and doing quite well, thank you. Love my Sunday mornings to myself among other freedoms I've learned to revel in!

docrobbysherry
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
No advice for u RE: your church and your work there. I have my own special arrangement with god. I don't talk to her, she doesn't talk to me!

However, I'm confused how being straight has anything to do with your dressing? Most of us r.

Ceri Anne
04-04-2013, 07:46 PM
In most traditional churches, you will be viewed as abnormal and possibly a sinner. This will cause you to be removed from any leadership positions and possibly outcast. It's not a good thing but if it goes against the ideals of that particular church, they are in their right to protect their beliefs. There are other churches that are more open to CDs and Trans People. You may check with the United Church of Christ (not Church of Christ, they are very conservative). I personally would not recommend coming out to them. There is nothing to gain by opening up to a group who's core beliefs do not accept cross dressing.

There are a number of us here who are straight, though many people automaticly assume cross dressers are gay. Some are, some arn't, but the LGBT community usually accepts us, so we identify with them. If your family and close friends accept who you are and how you dress, consider that a major blessing. Find a new church, you do not need to turn your back on God just because you cross dress. If you want to live your life more openly, do so. I really enjoy going out dressed in public. I feel great doing so. Whatever, do what feels right to you, and surround yourself with those who support you as you.

mikiSJ
04-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I would be very concerned about coming out to your church members, especially since you are active in youth matters.

There are way too many fundamentalist religious adherents who believe anything contrary to their specific book is an abomination and probably means the offending individual is into paedophilia to make me want to stay in the closet as it comes to youth activities and church/temple/mosque/whatever.

Amanda M
04-05-2013, 01:47 AM
As far as church and religious issues are concerned, my wife has a great answer. She says " It's simple. Ask yourself "What you Jesus do or say? Then do it."

Rogina B
04-05-2013, 05:50 AM
No advice for u RE: your church and your work there. I have my own special arrangement with god. I don't talk to her, she doesn't talk to me!

If you were to join the UU church,then you can make Sherry your god! And we don't care if you are LGBTQ or otherwise,you are a person,equal to others.

Lorileah
04-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Religious discussions are for the religion section. I am closing this for now. Feel free to join the religious forum and discuss this.