PDA

View Full Version : GG Friends

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
I AM SO lucky, and I AM blessed! Tonight my sister-in-law said the one thing that will allow me to plant my head on the pillow tonight and make me feel great! And a girl I went through school with in the late 1960's (and who is a Facebook friend) apologized for not calling me today due to her workload, but said we NEED to get together and go shopping. All the while my wife accepts and understands! She said to go for it! WOO HOO!!!!

I took a brazen approach throwing caution to the wind. My sis-in-law flat out told me that her side of the family will love me no matter what. Even my mother-in-law now knows about me and it's okay! I referred to my wife as a saint, a fine lady who'll take me shopping and has even suggested I try experiencing what it would like to be a woman with a male friend, if you know what I mean. I'm having trouble trying to fathom this because I really feel I'm between someone who enjoys crossdressing and I'm probably transexual! Not "probably" I know I am a woman!

Another GG friend got back to me today. She has offered to take me shopping away from the usual places where we won't run into someone. This is the one I went to school with.

Someone pinch me or throw cold water on me! NO! Don't do that! Sounds like a dream but believe me, since I started coming out, it's real!

Cheryl Ann :-)

Persephone
04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Wow! How is the weather up in the stratosphere?

It sounds like you have reached a wonderful level of acceptance. Now you need to learn how to be "one of the girls1" Take it easy at first, remember, they've had more experience at it than you have!

Hugs,
Persephone.

AmyGaleRT
04-06-2013, 02:45 AM
Wow, Cheryl! That's a tremendous step.

I took the plunge and told a longtime GG friend of mine, who is a former coworker and a close friend. I figured she would understand, because she's been heavily into various "alternative lifestyle" cultures since long before I met her. She was completely understanding and happy for me, and she thought my ultimate goals in this were very insightful. I'm sure she won't completely "out" me everywhere; she's kept other secrets of mine before. She thought that my level of courage and trust in her to share this with her was "no less than inspiring." And now I have someone else to discuss this aspect of my life with, someone I trust. :)

- Amy

BLUE ORCHID
04-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi Cheryl, It sounds like you are living the dream.

Beverley Sims
04-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Coming out to GG's is like joining a club.
They make you feel so welcome.
As long as you present nicely and do not overwhelm with your "girlieness."

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Hi Girls! My life has taken an awesome and dramatic turn. I preach honesty whenever we feel the need to tell those closest to us. It sure pays off. I came out to about ten girl friends in the past year and the love and acceptance has been awesome! Since I've been on Facebook I've reconnected with high school girl friends from the early 1970's. Some knew I was shy and now they know the reason. Even my hair stylist who just turned 41 has no problem and has encouraged me to come in anytime as Cheryl. I do need my brows waxed soon.

I love being on the "girl team" and it's really a relief to have this level of acceptance. I'm still not sure about finding a boyfriend though even though I've been encouraged to find out what it's like. I do like the idea of maybe going out with a guy for a quiet dinner. Several years ago I went to a big Halloween party dressed and ended up dancing with a really cool guy. It was awesome!

Just as awesome as my sisters here! Ya know, instead of worring about what the rest of the world thinks, let's just love life and be ourselves!

<HUGGS!!!>

Cheryl ann

wanagione
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Im so happy for you! I told a GG friend and she has been a wonderful friend. She was the one who actually pushed me out into the open and to be my self. At work she calls me " A " and no one really knows why. It's a good thing!!

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Im so happy for you! I told a GG friend and she has been a wonderful friend. She was the one who actually pushed me out into the open and to be my self. At work she calls me " A " and no one really knows why. It's a good thing!!

I'm very happy for you too sis! I think we fear the worst and nothing bad happens for many of us. Of course, good judgement is a must. There is nothing like building the confidence and take the risk. I find GG's to be very supportive unlike the past. What color is your parachute? LOL!

Cheryl Ann