PDA

View Full Version : Male to female ratios

Annie M
04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I wondered tonight while out walking, if everyone had a choice to chose their sex or gender at some point without all the hubbub and anxiety, would there still be roughly a 50/50 female to male ratio?

Rachelakld
04-05-2013, 11:38 PM
I would chose female, one day per week, preferably the day after payday, and hopefully it will be a weekend when I could do some serious shopping.

The other 6 days per week as a male.
:)

paulaprimo
04-05-2013, 11:45 PM
interesting thought...but i would choose female :)

Tiffbear
04-06-2013, 12:01 AM
As I do 27+ of 31 days of the month, male.

Simply, it's just easier. Don't have to answer to anyone about anything. "Why do you do things like that?" "Because I want to." "Okay..."

biggirlsarah
04-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Although I would choose female, I don't know if I could actually cope with being female having had 50 years of training to act as male and fit into a male persona.

ReineD
04-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Probably.

EllenJo
04-06-2013, 08:18 AM
I think the 50 to 50 ratio would still be close. I am only guessing but I think there would be many women that would choose to go male. I have never seen any stats on FtM trans but it is out there. Women that choose to become masculine are seldom talked about but MtF seem to get noticed more. It may be because society sees women becoming masculine as a way to gain power while men becoming feminine as giving up power and why would anyone want to do that. Just my 2 cents.

Jillian Faith
04-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Why pick one? I'd love to be able to switch back and forth as I love both my male and female sides!

Cheryl T
04-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I'd rather switch than fight...lol. Make mine female.

Nikki A.
04-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I think it would still be pretty much 50-50. Lets face it percentage wise we are not that big a number that are TS and there are probably and equal number of FtoM that would also switch.
Think of the number of butch lesbians that may also switch over if they could.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-06-2013, 11:17 AM
I'll bet a lot of people, whether TG or not, would would chose to be the opposite sex. I'd say that more genetic women than men would choose it simply because in many ways it's easier to be a man. I just saw something in the news where women make only 77-cents an hour compared to every dollar a man makes. That might be a good reason for some. I could be wrong but this is my take on it. For me I'd still choose to be a woman only because that's who I feel I am. Plus it would get rid of all these years of depression and anxiety over the issue.

Cheryl Ann

Lorileah
04-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Probably.

I agree. The number of females who would switch to be more powerful, command more respect, sit with their hand in their pants watching football with a beer and chips, would balance the guys who decide they want to be "pretty"

Beverley Sims
04-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Only a couple of correct answers here I notice.
I do agree with Lorileah's explanation and Reine's probably.

The rest have not read the question properly.
Sorry girls.

Erica Marie
04-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I would chose the female sex. Ok gg's you may dissagree but this is from my male viewpoint. I think it would be easier to be a rough and tumble gg/tomboy and be pretty when you want than it is for a male to be dressed as a female to express how he feels. I hope that made some sense

Kate Simmons
04-06-2013, 02:28 PM
In general women out number men in this world. It's impossible to estimate the ratio if each person were allowed to choose their sex. There are so many variables, it would have to be considered on a case by case basis and something like that would be a pretty nebulous task indeed. The best thing to do is work with whatever raw materials and resources we have and make it work for us.:battingeyelashes::)

AllyCDTV
04-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Throughout most of the world, males dominate both blatantly and subtly in terms of opportunity and earning potential. With that in mind, my guess is that there would be a lot more females that would become male than males who would become female. And if you throw in childbirth, that would keep a lot more males from wanting to become female.

If there is anybody that lives in a fantasy world about how nice it would be to be a woman here's a little story for you. I was driving in rural North Carolina a few years ago and passed a billboard. The message on the billboard was that husbands should not beat their wives. And that is in the "civilized" United States.

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I would chose the female sex. Ok gg's you may dissagree but this is from my male viewpoint. I think it would be easier to be a rough and tumble gg/tomboy and be pretty when you want than it is for a male to be dressed as a female to express how he feels. I hope that made some sense

Exactly Erica! That makes a lot of sense. Girls can go with or without makeup. They can wear what guys wear too. And it doesn't matter. For me I love to get pretty but it obviously takes a lot of work to be female and be accepted.

Cheryl Ann

Brynna M
04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
I really think given a choice most would choose what they are. The percentage of people who would actively choose to be the other gender is likely statistically small. I suspect that most "normal" people don't even seriously consider if they would want to be different gender. Gender identity questions are are probably so foreign to most people that they would go with the default without thinking.

So in short 50/50 with a margin of error.....