PDA

View Full Version : As we try to get more girly

Jordan
04-06-2013, 09:56 AM
What do you consider your most difficult thing to do for me it is applying my make-up I just never seem to be happy with it. I feel I got a good walk and can do my hair and voice I just never seem happy with the make-up:eek:

EllenJo
04-06-2013, 10:01 AM
I just figure all things take time. The more I dress, the better I will get. The only thing that I would like to improve more is my hair. Finding the right look in a wig is my biggest challenge.

BillieAnneJean
04-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Jordan,
If you are near the Grand Rapids area, we have a social and support group that meets twice monthly. On the 11th we will be doing our makeup and helping each other to imporve our look. For anyone bringing a camera, we will be using their camera to take their pictures. It start at 5:30pm with an open for anyone Q&A and on site private changing rooms for those desiring to dress. At 6:30 pm it goes in to the private meeting room, enfemme only. So if you are near, please come. It will be very discreet and a lot of fun. PM me for the address if you are interested.
Billie

MysticLady
04-06-2013, 10:22 AM
What do you consider your most difficult thing to do for me it is applying my make-up I just never seem to be happy with it. I feel I got a good walk and can do my hair and voice I just never seem happy with the make-up:eek:

Ughh......eyeliner is the worst for me:sad:

I just figure all things take time. The more I dress, the better I will get. The only thing that I would like to improve more is my hair. Finding the right look in a wig is my biggest challenge.

I agree. Practice makes perfect:heehee:

Jordan,
If you are near the Grand Rapids area, we have a social and support group that meets twice monthly. On the 11th we will be doing our makeup and helping each other to imporve our look. For anyone bringing a camera, we will be using their camera to take their pictures. It start at 5:30pm with an open for anyone Q&A and on site private changing rooms for those desiring to dress. At 6:30 pm it goes in to the private meeting room, enfemme only. So if you are near, please come. It will be very discreet and a lot of fun. PM me for the address if you are interested.
Billie

This is so neat. I wish my support group would do something like this. Too bad I live so far away if not I'd be there:D

Kate Simmons
04-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Most women aren't happy with their appearance either. They mostly just settle for it.:)

Jordan
04-06-2013, 10:57 AM
mysticlady I agree eyeliner is the hardest thing to get right
. The other thing about make-up that makes it so hard is to get it right with your outfits and your age?

michelleddg
04-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Well, next step is to make a very small investment and seek expert input and advice. So easy, head over to the nearest MAC counter at the mall and schedule a makeover. They'll show you what's possible, you'll have a blast and if you ask tons of questions you'll get tons of desired tips and techniques! Hugs, Michelle

Beverley Sims
04-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I think makeup is looked at too critically.
I put less on and look better.
Plastering it on seems a waste of time.

jillian_nphilly
04-06-2013, 01:32 PM
your should look at all the makeup tutorials on youtube. thats where i learned. b4 that it was trial and error and i was never really happy with the results. theres alot of cd makeup tutorials as well as ggs too

Ashlyn Brooke
04-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Eye shadow is one of the hardest things for me to get right (based on my expectations) as is shadow and texturing my face. But the really really hard part is my voice. I'm afraid I'll never get it right. Any ideas how to improve that would be greatly appreciated.

DeeArel
04-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Well, next step is to make a very small investment and seek expert input and advice.

Two years ago I got up the courage to do this at Sephora. Best decision I ever made regarding make up. I have been happy with my look ever since.

AnnaBMarie
04-06-2013, 05:40 PM
I think I could do a better job on makeup if I could actually see what I was doing. I wear glasses for close up and can't see a thing without them. Magnifying mirrors help a bit, but they are not strong enough and distort the image. I'm wondering if I shouldn't get contacts just to wear when applying.

Maria S
04-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Eye makeup is the hardiest for me. I have a lazy eye so even a magnified mirror or those special hinged glasses don't help.

Maria

BLUE ORCHID
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Jordan, Practice makes perfect.

Veronicatally
04-06-2013, 10:30 PM

Hi Jordan
The makeup has been challenging for me as well, but it's starting to make sense. There are a lot of great videos on youtube. Have you considered taking a lesson? If so, go to someone who actually does M to F makeovers. Once you've had a lesson or watch some videos, then like the others here have said, practice practice practice. Have fun.
Veronica

Jilmac
04-06-2013, 10:36 PM
For me the biggest difficulty is eye makeup, perhaps it's because I'm nearsighted and have to be inches from the mirror to apply it. However my femme glasses hide the lack of eye makeup so I guess it's really not a difficulty at all.

Angela Campbell
04-07-2013, 11:53 AM
I find the eyes are the biggest challenge but if done well it makes all the difference. It takes time and a lot of experimentation to find what works for you. I tried a million different kinds of eyeliners before I settled on one that goes on pretty easy for me and looks good when I am done. I had to learn what kind of primer worked best on the skin before using the shadow, what brushes I liked better, all the little stuff. There are so many choices and some will work better for some skin types and colors of eyes and skin so it will take experimentation to find the best for you. Fortunately it is fun to do so getting the practice in is not so bad.

I have practiced and practiced with putting it on, wiping it off and starting over. After a while something just clicks and it gets easier.

Barbara Maria
04-07-2013, 09:46 PM
I think makeup is looked at too critically.
I put less on and look better.
Plastering it on seems a waste of time.
Me too.Lipstick,eyebrow pencil and just enough makeup to cover the occasional red blotches.I've tried different things,but less is more seems to work best for me.

MarinaKirax
04-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Most difficult? Voice, no question.
Walk? Got a busy one for stilettos and pants, a sexy one for heeled boots, and a swishy one for low heels and skirts. Makeup? I agree, less is more. I do not/can not wear bright colors for eye shadow. I usually go without it, as do most women, most days. I will dab some brighter whites and silvers in the inner corner of my eye to make it seem less 'deep'. (Our male faces are more angular than females) A little lighter powder in the darker creases of my face also seems to 'flatten' the look of the face, and de-emphasize the increasingly deep creases beside my nose and mouth (what can I say, I'm gettin' older and I've done a lot of laughing). Go on you tube, there are tons of videos, but I think the best explanations are the older 'What Not to Wear' episodes where Carmindy would explain the theatrics behind the makeup, and how to apply. Practice makes perfect. MK

julia marie
04-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Getting makeup right continues to be a trial and error thing in terms of finding the right balance. I still need to work on voice. Walking hasn't been a problem as long as I avoid the 5-inch spiked heels. I'll stick with shorter pumps and wedges for comfort and balance -- sensible shoes but just enough lift.