PDA

View Full Version : Joy of weight loss

Michelle (Oz)
04-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Forgive me but I want to share the value of weight loss. Now down 75 lb (34 kg), my before and after photos are below.

I wasn't game to wear the mini out to celebrate so went more conservatively to an event yesterday to celebrate our city's centenary. Tens of thousands of people and absolutely NO negative comment or look.

Michelle (in celebratory mood)

KateSpade83
04-06-2013, 09:31 PM
What were your clothes sizes before and after?

When I went from 205 lbs to 140 lbs I went from size 16 to 4. Now I'm 159 lbs slightly overweight but I can fit into my size 6's. I have to be 152 lbs to get back into size 4's.

And when I was 163.6 lbs I could fit into a certain size 9 shoe, but at 154 I fit in it!

Michelle (Oz)
04-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Wow Kate you have done terrific.

My before was size 24. Now some clothes can be size 18 but mostly 1X. Skirts are XL with a good deal of 'enhancement'.

I'm still over 210 lb (97 kg) and played far too much sport to ever be small. My ultimate goal is another 25lb (12 kg).

Jenniferathome
04-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Good for you Michelle!

Jason+
04-06-2013, 11:33 PM
The new looks incredible! I still have a lot to go myself.

Amie Marie
04-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Michelle, you look wonderful.

Julie Denier
04-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Congrats - you look great! Enjoying an 80-pound loss myself ;)

Loni
04-06-2013, 11:49 PM
i envy you.
a year back my Dr said i need to lose 40 pounds.
i gained 20.

i did lose some but put it right back on and then some.
work is a problem so many hrs i get home sometime i get dinner and then sleep luck to have 10-12 hrs between shifts. i get three days for a weekend "*" but get to sleep two of them away due to start and stop times. and only one to get all the house chores done. the yard is in desperate need of proper care.
company says they want to "maximize" our hrs. i call it burning us out.
my job is a mix of sitting down and lifting/moving (up to 50 pounds ea), total of 30-40 K pounds a day. mostly on carts.
what is a girl to do.

Michelle (Oz)
04-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks for sharing and the comments.

work is a problem so many hrs i get home sometime i get dinner and then sleep luck to have 10-12 hrs between shifts. i get three days for a weekend "*" but get to sleep two of them away due to start and stop times. and only one to get all the house chores done. the yard is in desperate need of proper care.
company says they want to "maximize" our hrs. i call it burning us out.

Absence of work life balance is certainly a key factor in weight change. I do have some added time on my hands (age discimination is sure a reality in the Australian work place) but still find that weight loss requires substantial will (or is it won't) power. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough.

Rachelakld
04-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Well done Michelle,
I went from 97KG to 75Kg in 3 months.
That was 7 years ago, gave me some great abs and I lost the back pain.
Every morning for the last 7 years, I stand on the scales.
The abs have gone now, but the weight is still below 74.

bridget thronton
04-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Well done - you look great

Amanda M
04-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Superb, Michelle! I'. still working on my weight, but I suffer from an over-active fork.

Leslie Langford
04-07-2013, 01:52 AM
In a word - "Crikey!" ;)

paulaprimo
04-07-2013, 02:22 AM
congrats to you, you look wonderful!! :)

TeresaCD
04-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Congratulations Michelle. Must be a great feeling. You look very happy..

Raychel
04-07-2013, 05:20 AM
WOW, Congratulations Michelle, Loosing weight is so hard to do. And 75 lbs must have been a huge change for you.
You look fantastic and I will bet you feel better as well.

Erica Marie
04-07-2013, 06:10 AM
I deserve to wear the short skirt. You look truly amazing. Congrats on your weight loss. Remeber its not just looking good but feeling good and staying healthy.

Veronica Lodge
04-07-2013, 06:43 AM
You look great. Keep it up!

MissTee
04-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Wow, that's quite a weight transition. Good for you!

Toronto Kristen
04-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Congratulations. I have just started with a personal trainer with a goal of losing 15 kg (33 lb). It will be a struggle to get all the way down there but I have to go for it.

The funny thing is that when my trainer worked out my total lean body mass (64.4 kg, 142 lb), it was more now than my total body weight (62.1, 137 lb) when I left the U.K. 27 years ago!

catriona36
04-07-2013, 08:20 AM
well done sis. i weigh about the same, give or take a k or two. my prob is not that im overweight as much, just that im fat.
i will have to do something soon

kimdl93
04-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Really well done, Michelle.

debbeelee1
04-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Lookin' good Michelle!

Jocelyn Quivers
04-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Excellent you look great, my weight loss was the beginning of the genie being let out of the bottle, causing the girl side to come into her own.

msniki48
04-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Michelle,, that is awesome! you are an inspiration. now I need to get on that scale and loose 20.....

enjoy your girley time.

hugs

msniki

Stevie
04-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Great job I know it is very to get going but once you do it's a great feeling. Love it when people around me ask if I lost weight . It verifies how I used to look.

Beverley Sims
04-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Michelle, you look very good, I find that after a long trip three months 10 to 15 pounds makes the world of difference to me.

The area looked a bit like near the parliament house in the ACT.

Julie95
04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Congrats you look terrific!!!

Julie

MsCheri
04-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Congratulations - so happy for you and great job!

Tracii G
04-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Very nice pics and congrats on the weight loss, good job!!!

Michelle (Oz)
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks ladies for your comments and sharing your weight loss efforts. You are right - it isn't just about looks but about energy levels and resolving health issues.

I am having a harder time getting to my final target, so time to reset.

Michelle, you look very good, I find that after a long trip three months 10 to 15 pounds makes the world of difference to me.

The area looked a bit like near the parliament house in the ACT.

You are very close Beverley. The Open Day was held at the Australian War Memorial. Anyone who has the chance to visit Canberra should put the War Memorial high on their list. It is my favourite place to go femme. Staff are very friendly and will take photos for you. Flash is allowed and there are good ledges to rest cameras. Above all the displays are very interesting and, yes, present great back drops for photos.

There are other museums and galleries in Canberra that are also TG friendly and interesting. How am I going at selling Canberra?

Michelle

Cheryl Ann Owens
04-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I'll admit I have to get rid of the belly I have and lose about 40#. But my breasts have gained too and I'm just short of a B-cup! I hope I don't lose that!

Cheryl Ann

RenneB
04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Great job girl.... my MD said eat less - move more. Dropped 50 lbs... love those size purges of clothes that don't fit..

Renne.....

Michelle (Oz)
04-08-2013, 06:45 AM
I'll admit I have to get rid of the belly I have and lose about 40#. But my breasts have gained too and I'm just short of a B-cup! I hope I don't lose that!

Cheryl Ann

Breast tissue is one of the few advantages.Trouble is that it goes around the back too and looks ordinary. Be nice to control wear we could lose weight from :)

Great job girl.... my MD said eat less - move more. Dropped 50 lbs... love those size purges of clothes that don't fit..

Renne.....

Purging my large clothes (male and female) is something I've been thinking about. I don't want the safety net of having larger clothes if I gain weight. Have you purged Renne.

To answer a PM, waist size in the before was 53" and the after 37". I can get down to 35" but can't last a day at that :heehee:

suzanne
04-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Good for you, you look fabulous and the mini will look even better with those legs. You've earned the right to proudly showed them off. Maybe the best music to a girls ears is "You need that in a smaller size"

LelaK
04-08-2013, 09:20 AM
People started having problems with getting fat in the 80s (some earlier) when carbs became more popular than natural fat foods. Fast food restaurants with the junk food contributed greatly. Did you see the video of the guy who experimented with eating exclusively fast foods for a month or so? Anyway, Dr Mercola's online newsletter at mercola.com seems to have the best health advice online.

"Mary"
04-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Looking good Michelle! I've been struggling to lose the same 15 lbs for years, so your progress really amazes me. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie47
04-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Congratulations on the weight loss. One of the benefits of losing weight maybe getting into a smaller dress size. The other is improving your health. The risk of heart disease and diabetes is reduced. The stress on joints is reduced. Weight loss doesn't have to be accomplished through some fancy named diet. It's portion control and calories counting and putting calories into your mouth that benefit the body. Avoid those sugary soft drinks with 150 calories per 12 ounces. Check in at a gym and exercise. See how long you have to walk to burn off 150 calories. It's a lot easier to drink water or unsweetened ice tea than to walk it off.

DonnaT
04-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Congratulations Michelle.

I lost 70 lbs in 2010. I've but 40 back on.

Be careful. Hopefully you can keep it off, and more.

Michaela42
04-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Congratulations, Michelle!

docrobbysherry
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Congratulations,. Michelle! And, to all u "losers" out there! I hope u all can keep it off.

As a motivator, here's a suggestion: Donate all your loose clothing to charities! The more u lose, the more u give. And remember, the more u lose, the more u get to SHOP! Yeah!

wilt575
04-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Weight loss as side effect of CDing?? I blame l my weight loss on my determation to CD, call it side efffect of my CDing. I have always been over weight couldn't lose it and hated having to get plus sizes , dissapointed with limited selection. As I get more seriously into dressing I've lost 45 lbs and now can shop in womens section with out the "Plus" part. If I can get to where I can wear some figure flatering things, I would like to get breast implants to complete a fem figure and go fulltime maybe, but not total SRS. It will take determation and perseverance wish me luck.

Beverley Sims
04-09-2013, 06:36 AM
The War memorial, that is at the other end of where I thought you were.

Canberra and Washington have a similar layout in this regard.
Paris has a couple of similar layouts also.

War memorial a lake Parliament House, old and new all in line.

The Capitol Washington's Monument and Lincoln's Memorial.

I have a photo here showing the reflective pool in front of Lincoln's Memorial in 2011.
I should mention it was undergoing restoration.
I have better photos but this is unusual.
I think I have a photo of that Mustang? in my collection somewhere, I do have a lot of other shots tho.
The War memorial did an upgrade of their audio visual facilities sometime ago and a lot of exhibits did get put into storage.
The same happened to the Smithsonian Institute about five or six years ago and some of the more exotic exhibits are not on view any more.
It was all for student education. You have to stimulate their minds.
I like Questacon over by the Library.
A great student interactive display.
Oops! I am getting off topic here.

BLUE ORCHID
04-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Congratulations michelle , You look fantastic I know the feeling and it feels great.

Michelle (Oz)
04-09-2013, 08:08 AM
There's a common theme here - CDing motivates weight loss. Spot on for me. Health and fitness are great too though. Thanks for sharing everyone - and keep downsizing :-).

The War memorial, that is at the other end of where I thought you were.

Canberra and Washington have a similar layout in this regard.
Paris has a couple of similar layouts also.

War memorial a lake Parliament House, old and new all in line.

I really enjoyed my visits to Washington DC particularly the Smithsonians. It did feel a little like home except a much bigger version.

briannad
04-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Congratulations Michelle! It is so worth it what you have accomplished, thanks for the inspiration!

Ceri Anne
04-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Looking great girl! You have to commend yourself on the weight loss, its very hard and you did it. I'm slowly trying to loose 30 lbs myself, its going slowly :)

Alison_Mathers
04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Way to go! That is my problem too. I need to lose a lot of weight not just for health reasons, but also for all the cute clothes they have in smaller sizes.

Jaymees22
04-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Congrats on your weight loss you look great. I managed to lose 20lbs since I started cross dressing almost a year ago. I used to eat to feel better now I just have to dress. Hugs Jaymee