PDA

View Full Version : If you are nervous about going shoe shopping in person... don't be!

Alliegirl
04-07-2013, 05:13 PM
I know it's been said before, but I'll share my story of buying shoes over the weekend. Hopefully it helps others who were worried about it, provides some entertainment, and/or if nothing else there is at least a picture of them :).

So I've wanted to get heels from day 1 of getting into crossdressing. But have always been afraid of buying them in person. So this weekend the girl I'm seeing and I got together, and we went shopping yesterday. First we stopped at DSW. Ended up looking and found a pair that I liked. So bought those then we went to the mall next door and ended up at Payless. Found a few pairs I liked but there were people in the aisle. Her and I talked and look at them for a while but ultimately I chickened out due to all the reasons you typically hear about. After we screwed around for a while at other stores we went back and I tried on one pair quickly, it fit, so I bought them (was super anxious about it). So had 2 new pairs of shoes!

Got back to her place and tried both pairs on. Turns out the pair from DSW was a size 10 and way too small. Damn. The second pair fit fine. So at least I had one pair. After leaving her place on my way home I decided to return the pair from DSW. Then figured another mall was right there, so figured I'd look at the other pairs I liked. They had them in 11 and 11w. Bought them and tried them on in my car closer to my house. Realized they were too small also. Soooo then went to the third payless in the past 24 hours. Switched them out for size 12's. Got home, tried them on, and turns out they were the right size. So 3 Payless, 2 DSW's, and 6 pairs of shoes later... I now have 3 pairs of heels! First time with heels on was worth every second of it. And finally, here they are:

Tracii G
04-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Nice choices I like all of them.
I shoe shop in both modes so I never worry about who is in the store when I try a pair on.

STACY B
04-07-2013, 07:00 PM
I love to shoe shop too ,, See is there is an Avenue near you ,, They have lots of Bigger shoes ,, I was just like you back in the day . I am Lazy an don't want to go back so I just try them on in the stores now . Most of the time me an my big mouth end up becoming good friends with the SA's an they wait for me to come in an talk ,, Go figure !!

Jamie001
04-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Nice choices I like all of them.
I shoe shop in both modes so I never worry about who is in the store when I try a pair on.

I shoe shop all of the time and try them on in the store. I particularly like Nordstrom Rack. I have tried on size 11 shoes there with GGs that were also trying on size 11 and had some fun conversations about shoes. We were recommending shoes for each other and trying them on. It was really fun! Don't be afraid about trying on shoes in the stores in front of other customers. Always wear women's shoes when you go shoe shopping and don't forget to have a good pedicure with colored polish on your toenails because people will see your feet.

Diane Smith
04-08-2013, 12:08 AM
I have shopped openly for women's shoes at DSW, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Nine West, White House Black Market, Kohls, and maybe a few other stores over the years. There's a little initial nervousness each and every time I walk in, but once I get started, I find that it is easy to try them on and walk around in the store to make sure they fit. As far as I know, nobody has ever even given me a sideways look while I was doing it all these years. You could have saved yourself some time, miles and stops by trying them on in the store. Almost no one will care, and if you present yourself as a serious shopper, the store will actually appreciate your business.

- Diane

suzanne
04-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Nice collection! I have a pair of the little black sandles you have in the front. I got them a Payless (I'm sure you did too), which is the only place I've found that has anything in my size which is 12W or 13W. And I shop in either male or female mode. They just don't care who buys,they just want to make a sale. Go for it and have fun! It gets easier every time you go!

Amanda_P
04-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Pretty shoes nice choices. I like going in Shopko shopping for shoes also. I have tried shoes on there with help from associates that was really friendly and helpful. Sorry to say they didn't have anything in a wide that I liked.

Beverley Sims
04-08-2013, 08:42 AM
If I go to a new shoe shop I tell them I want one to wear with a particular type of dress,
The SA's get so involved sometimes that they then realise they are dealing with a man that needs heels.
Then it is two or three SA's into the act and giving all sorts of advice and asking how good the event is going to be.
Tell them outright and they will relate their stories whilst helping you.
It is amazing how many shoes get left on the floor after a selection is made.
Quite often it is the first choice that is sold.

linda allen
04-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Payless is the only local store I know of that caaries women's 12W so that's where I go. I'll admit to chickening out once or twice because there were other people in the big girl's aisle, but I try them on before I buy them. I'll usually look at their website to see what I like and if it's in stock at one of the local stores.

I've also bought shoes off ebay. You can't take them back so you have to know your size and hope they run true.