PDA

View Full Version : How old we CD until?

NikiMichelle
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
I have a few unanswered questions concerning CD'ing into old age.

I have never heard of CD's in their 70's, 80's or 90's...nothing at all.

That leads me to wonder if I will ultimately cease to CD? Or if I do not stop how will I dress? Short skirts and high heels on an 80 year might look extremely odd...woman or man!

I have this morbid fear of getting Alzheimer's and outing myself in numerous embarrassing moments!!

I am mid-fifties now and the way the years fly by now I wonder what the future wil bring as I approach my elderly years of being in my 80's?

Comments anyone?

DeeArel
04-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Personally, I will continue to dress until I am unable.

kimdl93
04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
If you've been around here long you'll find lots of CDrs in their 60s, 70s and beyond. It really doesn't go away...until of course we do.

AllieSF
04-09-2013, 10:16 PM
I am in my mid-60's and am 7 years old doing this. I hope I last a long time based on all the fun I am having so far. There are a few members here in their mid-70's. Just be Scarlet O'Hara and put it off until tomorrow to worry about it.

Karren H
04-09-2013, 10:22 PM
There's no mandatory retirement age..... personally I can't see I will ever stop.... what upsets me most about getting old will be the day I have to stop playing ice hockey.... 61 and I can still crosscheck those young whipper snappers! lol

Debglam
04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
A few months back, Patsy, the oldest member of the River City Gems passed away at the age of 86. Though of failing health she attended our Halloween party en femme. She was a decorated World War 2 veteran and I believe had been dressing her whole life. I'll add that one of my sisters in the Gems, Tilda, saw that Patsy was cared for just like she was her own sister. (I wonder how many of the cisgendered people I know would care for a friend like that?)

We have other members in their 70s that show up at our events when they can. They usually dress like elegant older women. Very stylish.

There is no upper or lower age limit on being yourself! Go out and have fun!

Debby

tiffanynjcd24
04-09-2013, 10:43 PM
i would never give it up crossdressing. only time i would give up crossdressing if i cant do it anymore

NikiMichelle
04-09-2013, 10:43 PM
My questions refer to finding out if the need, desire or want to CD fades away...I am not hoping this to happen...

Lynn Marie
04-09-2013, 10:44 PM
I've always looked and acted at least 10 years younger than my actual age. In drag, people guessing my age usually tag me as 20 years younger. Hopefully I'll be able to continue the illusion for 10 more years or so. I'll be 70 in August. This is the best time of my life.

Debglam
04-09-2013, 10:48 PM
This is the best time of my life.

Big Smile!!!! Thanks Lynn Marie!

Jilmac
04-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I don't see age as an issue for crossdressing. I know several people who are in thier 70s and still actively dress. I'm getting close to that age myself (although several years off), and can't imagine myself ever quitting. Of course, I would look rediculous in a miniskirt at that age, but there will always be age appropriate attire that will be flattering and will make me look my feminine best. So as for me, the day I stop dressing will be the day I take the trip to the great beyond.

Launa
04-09-2013, 11:04 PM
My questions refer to finding out if the need, desire or want to CD fades away...I am not hoping this to happen...

I'm sure the need/desire can fade a bit but its ultimately up to you what you do with the lost feeling. I will be wearing women's clothes right till the bitter end.

It will be up to you to be wearing dresses in your late 90's!

Lorileah
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
There are members here in their 80's.

Nyla F
04-09-2013, 11:13 PM
I've wondered what would happen if or when I need to go to assisted living or a nursing home. I'm only in my 50's so this will be a long time from now. Right now nobody knows but my wife. I wear panties 24/7, how could I do that privately if someone else is doing my laundry or helping me get dressed? Maybe when I get that old I won't care who knows. Heck, maybe by then cross dressing will become socially acceptable!

Ineke Vashon
04-09-2013, 11:14 PM
I didn't acknowledge my desire to dress in women's clothes until a few years ago. I am now 79 and reading these posts dressed in an easy long skirt, top and bra. As long as I stay in the closet I can dress any which way I want and enjoy.

Now, where did I put the wrinkle cream?

Ineke

Barbara Maria
04-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Hi,Niki.I'm 58 and I've wondered about that too.I dress too young for my age group now,but I figure,if I'm going to live in a fantasy world,why not make it a good one.Lately I've been looking for thing more age appropriate because I'd like to start going out soon.Like you said,those years fly by awfully fast,and I'd like to get out before I'm an old lady.As for my 80s,I don't worry too much because I doubt if I'll see them,but you never know.I just figure I'll dress as long as I can do it by myself and try to enjoy every day.Barbara Maria

Beverley Sims
04-10-2013, 02:10 AM
I do not think age cures it, age does improve a wine, so why not improving your CD'ing.
If you were 80 and wearing a mini skirt I would put you in the bearded lady category.
Always try to dress appropriately.

Some eighty year old chicks I have met still have fertile and open minds.
They have grown ugly legs so they only show the best parts.
An eighty year old woman I saw some time ago could even wear knee high boots and a pencil skirt with an appropriate loose fitting top.
Dyed her hair and looked fifty.

I still cry inside because I don't look like I did at 20.
I do have to make the most of it though.

suzy1
04-10-2013, 02:23 AM
This is the best time of my life.

Another big smile from me too Lynn Marie!

Cheryl T
04-10-2013, 02:41 AM
Till Death do us part seems to ring true here for me...

Vickie_CDTV
04-10-2013, 03:15 AM
Over the years I have met folks from every age up into their 90s who dress... still haven't set someone 100 or older who dresses, yet (Virginia Prince almost made it at 96.)

It is not absolutely totally unheard of for folks to just stop dressing, but age alone is not usually one of the reasons I have heard.

carolinewalker_2000
04-10-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm approaching 70. When I get there I will let you know whether the need to dress subsides! Frankly I doubt it and...............until then; keep donning the heels and lip gloss!!!!

BLUE ORCHID
04-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Hi Niki, I'm 70 and I have no intention of hanging up my heels I've even picked out the dress that I want to be laid to rest in.
Maybe I will be in an old folks home wearing support hose and orthopedic shoes someday.

You can have my pretty clothes and heels when you take them off my cold dead body.

SherriePall
04-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm of Medicare age and believe I will stop when I no longer can fasten my bra in the back....Wait, I'll just get a front closing one.

boink
04-10-2013, 08:16 AM
The somewhat controversial Virginia Prince (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Prince) lived to the age of 96 and identified as transgendered to the end.

I can't imagine stopping crossdressing/being trans at any point in my life. It's just a part of me. How I will deal with it on a practical level if I am in my 90's and slightly senile is a question, but I don't imagine that the feelings will subside.

Vieja
04-10-2013, 08:23 AM
At 86 I still love to dress and living alone I am dressed most of the time. I have acquired a lot of dresses and still do a lot of shopping at Macy's on line. Since my libido died years ago it is not

about sex. It just feels great wearing a dress around the house.

Vieja

NicoleScott
04-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Since my libido died years ago it is not about sex.

There are CDers here whose dressing is driven by the sexual arousal of it. When (if) age takes it away, the dressing goes away. I wouldn't expect this to happen if the dressing is driven by an internal feminine identity. And, I suspect there are blends of the drives for some.

glynnis
04-10-2013, 09:35 AM
I am 71 this year and still an avid crossdresser and will never stop.

Roberta TS
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
I will dress until the end of my time.I won't give up to my inner woman,i love it to much.I feel so happy every time i am dressed.

Ressie
04-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Do your best to stay healthy and independent. Once you're in a nursing home it may be possible to have a few female garments in your closet, but you may need help getting dressed. So of course you'll finally be out of the closet. Enjoy your CDing while you can.

Michelle (Oz)
04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Well at 62 my dressing age is getting younger. Discovered short skater and mini skirts in our local Kmart a few days ago. Been out in a few of the minis and not one comment either. Thankfully I'm not a mind reader.

So even if I age 3 dressing years for 1 biological year I'll still have to dress until I'm 80 something to experience dressing as an older woman. Hope they make x30 magnifying mirrors.

Michelle55
04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Over the years I have met folks from every age up into their 90s who dress... still haven't set someone 100 or older who dresses

I am certain my dad dresses, but we've never had a conversation about it. He is 103.

I don't think he has had much chance for the last year and a half though. He had a slight stroke and needed assistance for a while so my sister's took turns staying with him. I think he could be by himself again, but one of my sister's has nothing else to do so she won't leave him alone.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that during that same time he seems to have lost interest in life.

Debra Russell
04-10-2013, 11:25 AM
at 67 and the want-to is still there - and more than ever ----to all of you who enjoy your femm side take advantage of it when and while you can ----- time marches on..................................Debra

Alice Torn
04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Almost 59 here, and doing it better than ever, but...have a battle ax older sister, who turns me off, and she even kicked me hard two days ago, in the side. Mentally and emotionally, she turns me off about women, and i don't feel at all like dressing up, after being with her. I suspect my dad dressed some. He is 92, and can't now. He has a lot of leg fetishes. I don't think the world will go much longer, without a depression, and world war, which would throw a monkey wrench into everyone's lifestyle. I am having some scary memory loss, and other mental issues, like early Alzheimer's. My mom died last year with it, and her siblings most all had it. I worked in toxic chemicals for 3 years, too. It would be embarrassing to blurt out about dressing to people, and have them tell me later what i said! So many folks i have known, have died lately! Any moment could be our last. Its not all about sex anymore, with me, but, i do like to look like an attractive 58 yr old lady. Dire, or unforeseen circumstance could make me quit dressing, such as homelessness, injuries, illness, death. But, i would like to keep dressing, while i can.

mandytg
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Now past the 70 year landmark, do not see any reason to stop dressing, will review at the 80 yearl landmark, if still around lol

jennigrace
04-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm in my 70's and going strong!

Lady Catherine
04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I know a lovely CD that wants to be buried in an evening gown. So long after we die for some

Sandra1746
04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
I'll be 67 next month and will likely continue to dress until I am physically unable to dress myself. Hopefully that is a LONG time (as long as I am healthy).

Hang in there,
Sandra1746

Tracii G
04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
60 here and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.
There are lots of older ladies here that look soo good it would be a shame if they stopped

Daryl
04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm 73 and still going strong. Still shopping online and keep on dressing.

vivian fair
04-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm 75, still desire to dress as I have done so since age 5. Grand father was searching for his panties at age 90+ on his death bed. He roused enough to ask "wheres my panties?"

Lynnmorgan451
04-10-2013, 01:57 PM
There's no mandatory retirement age..... personally I can't see I will ever stop.... what upsets me most about getting old will be the day I have to stop playing ice hockey.... 61 and I can still crosscheck those young whipper snappers! lol

You look absolutely GORGEOUS. I hope I look half as cute as you do when I reach mile marker 61! xoxo

ArleneRaquel
04-10-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm 65 and there are older members at this site. I will CD until death, at least that's my plan.

Joanne f
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
There was a 50+ thread running at one time and you would be surprised of how many there are of us older ones , if you have been doing it for over 50 years I can not really see that you will ever stop as it is to ingrained into you , I cant ever see that I will stop .

ossian
04-10-2013, 02:56 PM
One of the things I'm hoping for as I age, is that there might be nursing homes that will be open and accepting to the CD'r.

There have to be some out there somewhere!?

carhill2mn
04-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Well, now you have heard of CDs in their 70's - I am in my mid 70's! I also have CD friends who are in their 80's. Health is a more determing factor as to one continuing CD activites than is age.

Debglam
04-10-2013, 07:17 PM
At 86 I still love to dress and living alone I am dressed most of the time. I have acquired a lot of dresses and still do a lot of shopping at Macy's on line. Since my libido died years ago it is not

about sex. It just feels great wearing a dress around the house.

Vieja

Give em hell Vieja! :cheer:

NikiMichelle
04-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Wow, I am overwhelmed with all the positive replies to my queries...united we stand (in heels) and united we shall fall (still in heels)!!!!

Thanks all 🎴🎴👠😀👠👢👜👛👙👗💅💄🎀🌂💋

MsJanessa
04-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Personally, I will continue to dress until I am unable.

"""""""""""""""""""" and ditto too

subcd
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
I am in my mid 60's and still dress when I can. I am divorced and live alone most of the time. I only dress in private and it is a well kept secret. As I get older I am concerned about my sons and maybe even my long time girlfriend findng my clothes when I die. I know I won't be here to worry about it, but I don't want to cause them any shock and distress. I have thought that maybe there should be a time when I get rid of everything but I just can't seem to do that at this time. I had always hoped to find an accepting woman who would dispose of everything for me when the time came but that hasn't happened.

Angela Campbell
04-10-2013, 07:50 PM
I know two in their 80's.

Kate Simmons
04-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Well, I'm almost 66. As long as our mind is active we can do anything we want. Being is good shape physically is an added bonus. Being who we are is the most important thing, regardless of what we look like. Hey, SOMEBODY has to be a role model for all the whippersnappers out there.;):battingeyelashes::)

Julie Gaum
04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Libido is not quite dead yet but many meds hasten the end of the urge. To echo what was posted my major concern is having to
finish life in a nursing home. Don't have the guts to foresee CDing in that environment. In the meantime I've many pants, skirt and dress sets appropriate to age but not dowdy. Still do business consulting along with answering people who have visited my website and/or have read my memoirs. Kudos to Vieja. Good Lord willing I'll be 88 in May.
Julie

Rachel Murphy
04-10-2013, 08:30 PM

In my case Niki I believe the "desire or want" has increased with age. I'm in my mid 60's, retired and live alone. I can, and do, dress whenever I want so I do on a daily basis.

As you can see, there's good times coming your way. :)

rita63
04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm 64 and in some ways I'm just getting started. I have dressed all my life and it was part of the break up of my marriage after 31 years. I drank foe a few years and as part of cleaning up my act I thought I had better deal with my femme side. Last Mon I went out boeling dressed with some folks from my support group and some others supporting PRIDE. It was my first time out dressed in my home town except for support group meetings. Most of the girls and boys in my group are working toward or have transitioned fully. We all start out as cross dressers and some find the journey takes them further. I don't know where my path will lead but I now own clothes and make up and have pierced ears and am trying to take a vacation to the trans march in June. Right now I am thinking of going full time in a few years when I retire and trying Hormones. Like I said just starting ou so it had better last a few more years, or at least as long as I do.

hugs rita

Janine cd
04-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I just celebrated my 74th birthday and have no desire to stop crossdressing. Wearing feminine clothes is probably the only reason that I am able to look to the future years of my life with any hope of finding happiness.

DianeDeBris
04-11-2013, 01:04 AM
" am trying to take a vacation to the trans march in June."

What, please, is the Trans March in June?

EllenJo
04-11-2013, 06:07 AM
I am 59 and looking forward to retireing in a few years, and I plan to dress more at that time. With the wife's health issues I am not sure if I will be alone or not but will cross that bridge when the time comes. I always thought that I would somehow "out grow" CDing but in the last 5 years I have figured out that, that will never happen. I always have dressed somewhat age appropriate (feel 10 years younger when dressed) and will continue to do so. My next purchase will be a new wig with a touch of gray in it. I love the fact that my age is liberating me in so many ways.

Kudo's to all who are older than I as you provide hope and inspiration to me. Thank you.

linda allen
04-11-2013, 06:34 AM
.................That leads me to wonder if I will ultimately cease to CD? ........

At some point you will cease to do anything. They will put you in a box and put you in the ground.

In the meantime, look around you at women your age and dress like they do. Short skirts and 5" heels are out.

Julogden
04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
It never ends. I've met CD's who were in their 80's and I know of one who is in her early 90's and still dressing.

When I was active in the support groups around here in the 1990's, I was acquainted with one 80+ CD who always dressed in super-short minis and go-go boots, and she was out and about a lot.

Carol

Leslie Langford
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll be 65 next month, and I won't stop crossdressing until someone pries those "killer heels" from my cold, dead hands one day (to paraphrase Charlton Heston's infamous NRA speech). I'm still checking items off my Cder's "Bucket List", and am having a terrific time doing it.

My latest venture has been to go to various nail salons in "Leslie" mode, and those Asian girls who work there have been nothing short of amazing. I'm sure that I've been read each time being in such close proximity with them during these sessions, but they always treat me like a queen and couldn't be nicer. One even insisted that I allow her to wax my eyebrows even though I had just trimmed and plucked them, so perhaps she saw something that I hadn't.

I've been to one particular salon 3 times since the beginning of the year, and each time a new a new girl was assigned to me. Even so, I always get big smiles and heartfelt "hello's" from the others who have served me in the past when I come in, and they always make me feel super welcome.

With as many positive experiences as this since I have been going out in public en femme over the last 5 years or so - including also first-class treatment by SA's and consignment store owners, actually becoming friends over time with my regular make up artist Kelly, and not to mention numerous compliments from GG's concerning the outfits that I was wearing - why on earth would I stop my crossdressing before drawing my final breath?

Not only that - any GG to whom I have ever divulged my true age refuses to believe me and thinks that I am about 10 years younger (yes, make up is my friend ;) ), so from that standpoint alone, I still have a few good years left in me.

Luckily, I am also still in good health, have no problem whatsoever walking in heels, have a reasonably "girlish" figure (for a middle-aged GG, anyway ;) ), and still have lots of energy.

I may not have been able to achieve the goal of "Freedom 55" in terms of an early retirement which I had previously aspired to (thank you, tanking world economy! :sad:), but these are certainly turning out to be the proverbial "Golden Years" in the ways that truly count...:daydreaming: :heehee: :)

NitaCD
04-11-2013, 01:08 PM
I have been dressing for 60 years and plan to continue for another 60. After that I have asked my wife to bury me in something nice. I couldn't imagine not being dressed for eternity.

suchacutie
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm in my early 60's. I'm currently on a business trip, the day is over, and I'm sitting here typing this in a lovely doleman-sleeved tunic-lengthed top I bought here, a pleather skirt (I do love it), tights, heels, hair, lipstick,eye makeup, and nail polish....i.e. Tina is in full swing. It is hard to travel half way across the country, limiting your male clothes to accomodate your feminine clothes, and then constantly move into feminine mode as soon as the day is done!

But stop it because of old age??? I think it's easier as I age!!!! This is a wonderful prospect!

hugs.

NikiMichelle
04-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Wow, I was actually a little hesitant to do this post but Thanks Everyone!!! It is very inspiring to receive all this feedback and sharing of feelings...

rita63
04-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Diane I wa talking about the trans march that is part of the toronto Pride festivities. Its on Fri. June 28 this year.

hugs rita

NathalieX66
04-11-2013, 09:53 PM
At death. :skull:

xcdmargo
04-11-2013, 10:07 PM
61 and still going strong with no plans on changing. It's who I am and that will never change. Even if some day I'm not able to dress I'll still be Margo inside

margo

~Joanne~
04-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Geez, I am a youngin still at 46 :D Guess I still have a good 30-40 years to go to find out the answer to this question! Honestly though I don't think your ever stop dressing and age really doesn't have much to do with it.

barbie lanai
04-13-2013, 08:20 AM
67 and dress semi regularly. Did drop to 2" high heels though. But still keeping all my 4-5" stilettos. Once thought I'd buy a gray wig. But seems older gg ladies go for short hair. So staying with blondes and reds.

bimini1
04-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Hell, Virginia Prince was active well into her 90s.

CONSUELO
04-13-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm in my sixties ( won't tell you years, a little vanity thing ) and I still work part time, write, cycle long distances (such as 110 mile organized rides) hike in the backcountry, go to the gym etc. I feel that I want to keep going until something breaks and it hasn't yet. I have more female clothes now than I ever had. My only regret is not just immersing myself in my female self when I was much younger. Then, my life would have taken a different course, and what might have happened? Isn't that always the case.

rita63
04-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Till death do us part, Is Nathalie right? OMG I'm married to a cross dresser:eek: and its me bublbulbul:heehee:

hugs rita